Motherwell v St Mirren 02/04/2022

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

God knows what the team will be, I am not a lover of big changes but it would be nice to see Slattery or Shaw or Teirney get a chance.

would be nice  see tierney, slattery, ohara, roberts, woolery all fitted in somehow, ga might as well go for it...I don't see him surviving another negative result 

8 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I see Jak Alnwick got sent off today, courtesy of flattening Tony Watt. I assume they put another goalie in, just in case we manage a shot on target.

On a side issue, how feckin annoying is Tam 

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

God knows what the team will be, I am not a lover of big changes but it would be nice to see Slattery or Shaw or Teirney get a chance.

100%.  All 3 should have game time. 

Slattery proved to be an asset.  Tierney has caused problems when he's come un.   

As for Shaw it's a complete waste to bring in a player, pay a wage if he's not going to get time.  

In reality I don't believe any of them will play. 

11 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I see Jak Alnwick got sent off today, courtesy of flattening Tony Watt. I assume they put another goalie in, just in case we manage a shot on target.

I doubt it'll really matter who they field in goals, if as you say, we hardly manage a shot on target, as in recent games.

4 hours ago, Yodo said:

Slattery as usual happens when players are left out and results are poor is now WORLD CLASS . Got to remember this guy hasn’t played a lot of first team football and it shows 

Yodo we all know you are no fan of Slattery  but you really are in the small minority here. I would be interested in our record with him in the team and out of it, I think he’s consistently been our best midfielder this season and it’s pretty clear we miss him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yodo said:

Slattery as usual happens when players are left out and results are poor is now WORLD CLASS . Got to remember this guy hasn’t played a lot of first team football and it shows 

OK who would you play in place of him then, we would all love to know?

If we still insist on 3 up front:

Kelly

SOD Sol Lamie Carroll

Donnelly Slattery Cornelius

Woolery KVV Roberts

If we want to abandon ineffective wingers and not kid ourselves on that KVV will bring others into the game:

Kelly

Sod Sol Mugabi Lamie Carroll

Cornelius Donnelly Slattery Goss

KVV

I don't care too much if Ojala and McGinley are in there instead. As far as Cornelius goes, maybe we should play Shaw, but we might as well get some development time for our own guy. SOD and Carrol may work better as wingbacks if there's an actual midfield.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Shaw is probably better than him...but then again , unless you have saw him playing elsewhere , you would never know.

Why bring him in from Celtic and not play him....

The more you look into the gaffers selections and tactics , the more baffling it becomes...

Maybe now that he has got his new contract , he is trying to get himself sacked....selections and tactics would back this up....maybe he has had enough and doesn’t know how to turn it around ala Robinson.....so just put out a side with 6 defenders , 1 young inexperienced midfielder , and 3 forwards , 2 of whom have no presence , can’t hold the ball up or win headers...... sorted ...

Oh , and wait till about 25 to go ..have a good chit chat about how to change it for 15 mins , so that when the changes are made , they have no time to do anything.... 

The more you look at it , the more it all falls into place..

• Like 2