Livingston vs Motherwell

GazzyB

A huge weekend coming up, which will see us either fighting it out for Europe and gaining a ton of additional revenue, or the season turning into a damp squib and a scrap for 7th.

As it stands...

4) Dundee Utd - 40 pts - -6 GD

5) Motherwell - 39 pts - -12 GD

6) Hibernian - 38 pts - -4 GD

7) Ross County - 37 pts - -8 GD

8 ) Livingston - 37 pts - -8 GD

9) - Aberdeen - 36 pts - -3 GD

The fixtures...

Aberdeen vs Ross County

Dundee Utd vs Dundee

Hearts vs Hibs

Livingston vs Motherwell

I've omitted the OF games because the reality is St Mirren aren't going to beat Rangers, they were mince today.

Lots of different scenarios where we can lose or draw and still make the top six, but the reality is if we win the game then fuck all else matters. So let's just do that.

Typing all that out, both the St Johnstone win and the late Dundee equaliser today were absolutely huge for us.

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

We’re are rarely decent at Livi, I would take a draw in a heartbeat 

A point probably does it but I think in these situations it's basically a cup final and you need to go out for the win.

Maybe the games haven't been great but I don't remember our record there as being especially bad.

I heard there was some ridiculous awards went against Livvie today but they've actually lost the last three matches after being on a good wee run.  We might just catch them at the right time.

34 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I heard there was some ridiculous awards went against Livvie today but they've actually lost the last three matches after being on a good wee run.  We might just catch them at the right time.

We've been on the wrong end of a few bad awards ourselves this season. 

I think a point does us.

I dont see Ross County beating Aberdeen away or Hibs beating Hearts.

However, 3 points has to be the goal if we are targetting the European place.

It would be nice to finish 4th and give wee Tony a slap in the puss.

6 hours ago, Stevie73 said:

Play the same team, and maybe swap woolery for Efford and I think we will pump them. 

That would maybe the only change. Efford done alright but Woolery had been playing well and surprised he was dropped. I think at least see how Efford plays first half and be prepared to bring Woolery on at HT if we need a bit more. 

22 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

That would maybe the only change. Efford done alright but Woolery had been playing well and surprised he was dropped.

If you ignore the fact he can't shoot, struggles to beat anyone with the ball at his feet and can't cross beyond the first defender, he's been great. (That might be a little harsh, but it feels like his cross in the Rangers game was the only good one he's made all year).

No doubt he's got power and pace, but needs to sharpen up on some of the basics. I said in a earlier thread I'm happy to use him as an impact sub, but I think Efford deserves his start at the moment.

Finishing in the top 6 is in our own hands,we should be going all out for the win knowing that we don't need to rely on other results.efford wasn't great yesterday but we really need to be sticking on a settle line up.livi are quite slow at the back so woolery off the bench in the second half could be a good option for us to have.it won't be a pretty game but hopefully we do enough on the day.

1 minute ago, C&A not the shop said:

Given we haven't won a game this calendar year it would be wild to change the team the week after our first win unless if was forced on us.

I think Woolery is a better option than Efford but can't really drop anyone.

Personally I’m not sure he is, I think Woolery is being talked up to be a better player than he actually is. 

Not having seen much of Livvy this season, Im not really sure how they play, so hard to say how we should line up.

But Im all for not changing a winning team as it sends out the signal to the rest of the squad that this is the minimum standard required to stay in the team.

That said, I always worry about their pitch. Its so weather dependent. Hot and dry and it will be like a glue pot impossible to dribble on. Pishing down and it could be a lot more playable but with long balls skidding off the surface.

Hard to prepare a gameplan with such variables. Fingers crossed we can get another performance out of the team.

I will take winning ugly this week if thats what it takes.

Woolery had been hit and miss all season, but looked like he was finally coming into some really good form when he got dropped. Shields deserves to retain his place, but if I were GA I'd be fitting Woolery in there somewhere.