Livingston vs Motherwell

GazzyB

18 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Same team apart from efford, I would start woolery......let's do this well

I'm still not seeing what other people are seeing in Woolery.

Can't cross, can't shoot, can't beat a man with the ball at his feet.

He's fast and he's powerful, and good to have off the bench, but Efford has been more effective for me in the past few games with better dribbling, crossing and shooting.

Fun game - count how many times Woolery "crosses" it straight to an opposing defender.

• Like 3

Woolery is always gonna be one of these guys who splits opinion, a bit like Chris Humphrey. Lightning quick but frustrating as hell.  I think the disappointing thing was that we waited so long for him to fulfill what looked like potential and the minute he actually had a couple of good games he was back on the bench. 

I agree that Efford is probably a safer choice right now, but regardless of how Woolery plays, he does force the opposition to have to think a little differently as to how they are going to defend. If they push too high a line he has the pace to hurt them.

6 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Same team apart from efford, I would start woolery......let's do this well

I’m in a similar place… only decision to make is Efford or Woolery… but do you make any changes to account for the opposition and the pitch? Alexander mentioned that a couple of players had been ill earlier in the week as well.

Looks like the tombola is getting another run out.

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

He's fast and he's powerful, and good to have off the bench, but Efford has been more effective for me in the past few games with better dribbling, crossing and shooting.

Fun game - count how many times Woolery "crosses" it straight to an opposing defender.

I would agree, I’m slightly baffled at how well  Woolery is rated, I’m not a fan at all. As you say Efford is more effective without particularly  blowing me away.

It's hard to know how much of the tombola approach is down to Covid stuff, I'm not sure what the leagues rules are with respect to contacts etc. anymore so I'm willing to give Alexander the benefit of the doubt on that a bit.

Wild its 20 quid for the game on PPV, I was tempted but when you know it's going to be a shit game and you're only watching for the tension it's hard to justify 20 sheets when you're in your house.

I would leave midfield and the forward line as last weekend. Both areas were decent enough. That said Alexander likes to tinker as we all know. If we know it is going to be a physical battle we may see Donnelly and or OHara make an appearance in place of Goss. 

I would be disappointed if the defence stayed the same. It was a miracle we only conceded 2 last weekend. Get SODs to right back and Lamie to left back. With Sol, Ojala and Mugabi making up the 2 CB roles. Playing people out of position never really works that well. 

• Like 2

Funny thing is I haven't been a Woolery fan but I thought he had found a bit of form and then suddenly was dropped. Yet was being picked when he was playing poorly. Efford a work.in progress and still getting used to Scottish fitba.  Toss of a coin to see who starts......something GA seems to use to pick his teams!! Lol,  COYW

I'm not expecting a classic today, especially on that pitch. Livingston may well have the bulk of possession and they'll be taking route 1. These 2 factors may well shape GA's starting line up. Like Welldaft Mk1, defence is my biggest concern and I think its highly unlikley that we'll stop them from scoring. We'll just have to score more.  

10 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'd play Roberts ahead of either of them TBH.