Livingston vs Motherwell

GazzyB

2 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

You can't be fuckin serious. I go to football to enjoy my day out - not always watching free-flowing football, but something that ocassionally remotely resembles it. This fuckin clown and his team/tactics offer none of that and haven''nt since he came in. An absolute charlatan - get hime tae fuck.

You didn't enjoy last week?

You didn't enjoy today?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Have a look at yourself FFS, what a ridiculous  response :doh:

No more or no less ridiculous than the post he was quoting to be fair. Motherwell fans giving the GIRUY to other Motherwell fans is pathetic.

• Like 3

Didn't see us turning that around so fair play,I would much rather be top 6 with the extra finances involved and still in with a shout of europe but we're absolutely dire and alxeander being here next season just doesn't do it for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Last week was OK today, No. Don't get me wrong I celebrated as much as the next man - but doesn't mean I enjoyed the performance.

My views exactly. As Ian McCall said of his team last night even though they’d won “we were dugmeat” and have been dugmeat for most of the season and regardless of today and whatever happens in the last five games, Graham Alexander needs to go.

However, that’s for another day. Today was massive for us and a top six finish, regardless of how it was achieved is important for the club, both on and off the park.

8 minutes ago, mfc said:

Didn't see us turning that around so fair play,I would much rather be top 6 with the extra finances involved and still in with a shout of europe but we're absolutely dire and alxeander being here next season just doesn't do it for me.

I echo this , 

being top 6 deserves a level of respect . Well done GA for achieving the league position . 

but its the eye bleeding footy that’s too much to take . If he as much hinted at needing to improve the style over a longer period of time i could prob cope but it’s almost boastful that it’s only about results .

We were the better team in 2nd half. Livi got what they deserved for their antics of falling over at ever opportunity and time wasting from the moment we scored our first. Not much a manager can do when players make an erse of things at the back. That pitch and good football just aint happening. As for that clown of a referee...  We deserve to be top six irrespective of the non barcelona style of play. Maybe the extra money can go into the squad over the summer.

4 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Not much a manager can do when players make an erse of things at the back.

Well, you would hope that as both our manager and his assistant made a career out of being defenders, they could coach ours to stop doing it every week.

Woolery made a difference but not sure why it took so long to put him on. Still, great to be in top 6. I do think GA needs to change his approach a bit. We played several good games this season but he certainly seems to favor the kick and rush option. Yes we got top 6 but I think we would have clinched that a long time ago had he focused more on some football. Fingers crossed he starts to develop a more pleasing brand of football while maintaining and improving results. I will certainly enjoy the weekend much more now, after seeing us clinch top 6. COYW!!

Monday: "It's all about the result"

Tuesday: "It's all about the result"

Wednesday: "It's all about the result"

Thursday: "It's all about the result"

Friday: "It's all about the result"

Saturday Morning: "It's all about the result"

Saturday Afternon: "We got the result"

Saturday Evening: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

I bet he does say the same shit as he has since he came here

steelman am with u      a stopped watching it  we were total shite  am not caring were in the top 6 cause its a false situation    we are total shite  and hard to watch

anybody who says were in the top 6 bla bla  bla         fuck if u can watch that every week then your better men than me 

• Like 1

I've criticized the selections and some of the players this season, and the style of football hasn't been easy on the eye, but, to come back from 2 down  on that pitch is no mean achievement, and to finish above Hibs and Aberdeen with their budget? Hats off to all concerned.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Alexander took over - saved us from probably relegation then finishes Top 6 this season beating out teams like Aberdeen and Hibs with massive budget advantages.

Yet we get absolutely roasters on here going on about protests, sacking the manager etc.

It's embarrassing.

You guys know people read this?

A bunch of people on here need to have a long hard look at themselves. 

I'm happy as a fan, I'm happy for the team and manager and I'm happy that a lot of so called supporters are actually bealing that the team got the result today.

100% this. 

How we got there was not pretty and perhaps even lucky.  But we are top 6 and Aberdeen and Hibs are not despite their bigger budgets.

So if we have had a shite season what have they had.

I am away to enjoy my evening unlike some miserable sods on here. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Monday: "It's all about the result"

Tuesday: "It's all about the result"

Wednesday: "It's all about the result"

Thursday: "It's all about the result"

Friday: "It's all about the result"

Saturday Morning: "It's all about the result"

Saturday Afternon: "We got the result"

Saturday Evening: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Have you watched us this calendar year? It has been absolutely brutal when it needn’t be given the bit of quality we have in our squad. The long ba

Nobody is doubting that the result is excellent, and top six is magnificent, but given how utter shite we are questions are rightly being asked of the manager.

Not one person is just relentlessly booing as you’re making out, the discussion is constructive and merited. 

5 minutes ago, smiddy said:

steelman am with u      a stopped watching it  we were total shite  am not caring were in the top 6 cause its a false situation    we are total shite  and hard to watch

anybody who says were in the top 6 bla bla  bla         fuck if u can watch that every week then your better men than me 

I almost stopped watching but stuck with it. My other choice was sitting in the living room with Pearl! Still, I’d rather be shite in the  top 6 than in the bottom 6. Just keep hoping GA will finally decide to go with a more footballing approach at some point. 

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

I almost stopped watching but stuck with it. My other choice was sitting in the living room with Pearl! Still, I’d rather be shite in the  top 6 than in the bottom 6. Just keep hoping GA will finally decide to go with a more footballing approach at some point. 

good choice :cheers:    just not for me     a cut the grass for hevs birthday bash :danced:

I'm currently wrestling with a number of conflicting feelings... I'm still pissed off at today's poor performance... and although the pitch is really poor, Livi did fine in long spells... but more to the point we looked lethargic and lacking desire in such a big game, and couldn't even string simple passes together. And this is on the back of a long run of (mostly) similarly poor performances. 

On the other hand... is the bigger picture that we secured the top 6 spot, and at least we have a chance of a very decent season with a European place? Had we turned one or two of 2022's draws into wins (say v Aberdeen or Hibs?)... or a defeat into a draw (St Johnstone or Ross County?)... we would be comfortable in 4th right now. And even if we finish 6th, it's still an improvement on last season's 8th.... and we've finished above both Aberdeen and Hibs who have much bigger budgets.  

Glass half full or half empty? I'm not sure where I stand at the moment. 

Dreadful first half today. Didn’t see Effords in the game at all. Only midfielder I noticed was Cornelius and he kept giving the ball away. Carrol a bit suspect again at the first goal. KVV not contributing much. Second half took me 15 mins before I realized O’Hara was on. Once Woolery came on we started to look a bit better. Goss and Slattery got involved more and we were much improved. Tierney was an improvement also. Well done on the comeback. Delighted to be in top 6 but as I’ve mentioned before I think we are despite what GA has been doing rather than because of what he has been doing. 

While I share some of the concerns raised, lets be honest a top six finish is our target. The second half of the sesaon has been far from top six, but we got there and we showed some fight to do it. Let's not start talking about GA and his future. Changing managers every 18 months is a guaranteed recipe for failure and disappointment. I have been a Motherwell fan for a long long time, lets be happy with the final result today............ and yes better football next season please!

The pitch makes the performance irrelevant. All they do is boot it from 10-20 yards inside their own half high onto our defence, don't genuinely compete for the first ball then try and win the second ball. The ball also seems to hold up suspiciously around the 18 yard lines on the side of each box. They know exactly how to play the park and we were not at all comfortable on it. 

Coming back for the result was excellent and knowing the smack dealer will be raging for a long time makes it sweeter. It was mystifying that Efford stayed on for so long but apart from that we did what we had to do. O'Hara was excellent when he came on, him and Lamie have shown that players will still try after a PCA. I still find it strange we let Tony Watt go to a rival under similar circumstances. 

We have had some terrible linesman recently but the guy today was taking the pish. He was struggling to drag his belly up and down the line the entire game. 

1 minute ago, Stonehaven'Well said:

While I share some of the concerns raised, lets be honest a top six finish is our target. The second half of the sesaon has been far from top six, but we got there and we showed some fight to do it. Let's not start talking about GA and his future. Changing managers every 18 months is a guaranteed recipe for failure and disappointment. I have been a Motherwell fan for a long long time, lets be happy with the final result today............ and yes better football next season please!

If Alexander had shown even a hint that he knew how to set-up a team to play better football, Id agree with you 100%. But, all we get week in and week out is varying degrees of the same shite, with ocassionally the odd period of decent possession football.  As it is, I wouldn't give him another transfer window.