Livingston vs Motherwell

GazzyB

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

We have had some terrible linesman recently but the guy today was taking the pish. He was struggling to drag his belly up and down the line the entire game. 

One of the worst I've seen.  He had no clue whether our chance was over the line but somehow sees a goal kick the otheside of the goal minutes later.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Those players will move on and Alexander will be gone soon enough, but we'll remember the wee victories like today. You might as well enjoy them, cos the big victories don't come around too often.

I don't think he will be going anywhere from what I am hearing his full backroom staff from Salford are imminent for the new season.

Absolutely delighted that we’ve managed to get a top six finish . That was a brutal watch today but the important thing for me was we kept going . As a Well fan I’m delighted as it keeps the season from dying and still got something to play for . Also I’m sure the board will be happy with the money so a win win 

However 

this has been a difficult watch this season and for me not enough football being played ironically onthe best surface we’ve ever had at FP . For me looking ahead to next season we need to play more football on the deck and need better crosses /delivery from the wings . Also need to address the defence as it looks leaky .Anyway that’s not for tonight .

Im of to celebrate with a wee drink and toast to my team . The Well . We did it ,not sure how ,but right now I don’t give a feck . 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

For the first time in 40 years I reckon I’ll be picking and choosing my games if that the case.

You can surely though see that there is no way Motherwell are sacking a manager after finishing top six and reaching the quarter finals of the Scottish cup ?

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I'm happy for the team and manager and I'm happy that a lot of so called supporters are actually bealing that the team got the result today.

I believe that pretty much everyone on here is happy that the team did enough to achieve a top 6 finish. I can see exactly why so many are dissatisfied with the way the team play though. There is no entertainment on offer. There is no structure to the team, there is no movement,  there is very little interplay and defensively the team is very soft.

The results in the first half of the season made the excruciating brand of football bearable and covered up many of the flaws, but it was never entertaining. I am thoroughly fed-up watching the way we play. 

It would cost too much for Motherwell to change the manager. We all need to accept that he'll be here for a while yet, but as supporters that pay good money to keep the club afloat, entertainment must come higher up the list of priorities. So, while he isn't going anywhere soon, he needs to be told to find another way to play the game. Just as Motherwell cannot afford to get rid of any manager while on a long contract, losing core support is equally as possibly more economically harmful to the club.

I for one am hoping for more entertainment in the final 5 games. Over to GA and the team to deliver.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

You can surely though see that there is no way Motherwell are sacking a manager after finishing top six and reaching the quarter finals of the Scottish cup ?

I can see it and understand, doesn't mean I have to like or agree with it, so my only recourse is vote with my wallet.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Not one person is just relentlessly booing as you’re making out, the discussion is constructive and merited. 

Just the same old suspects tho.  Playing silky football and no getting results then in bottom six they would be spouting a mirror image ........Silky footballs all well n good but its a results based game . I can just imagine it.

4 minutes ago, MFCL84 said:

I believe that pretty much everyone on here is happy that the team did enough to achieve a top 6 finish. I can see exactly why so many are dissatisfied with the way the team play though. There is no entertainment on offer. There is no structure to the team, there is no movement,  there is very little interplay and defensively the team is very soft.

The results in the first half of the season made the excruciating brand of football bearable and covered up many of the flaws, but it was never entertaining. I am thoroughly fed-up watching the way we play. 

It would cost too much for Motherwell to change the manager. We all need to accept that he'll be here for a while yet, but as supporters that pay good money to keep the club afloat, entertainment must come higher up the list of priorities. So, while he isn't going anywhere soon, he needs to be told to find another way to play the game. Just as Motherwell cannot afford to get rid of any manager while on a long contract, losing core support is equally as possibly more economically harmful to the club.

I for one am hoping for more entertainment in the final 5 games. Over to GA and the team to deliver.

I've run out of likes - so "like" :agree:

47 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I don't think he will be going anywhere from what I am hearing his full backroom staff from Salford are imminent for the new season.

I don't think he will either, for now anyway. I was talking more in the grand scheme of Motherwell.

I don’t go to away games these days, I’m maybe in the minority but I hope Alexander stays. As someone else said we were in free fall before he took over. It would be ridiculous to sack him just now. Top six even if it’s by the skin of our teeth. I was watching the scores online and when county scored I thought that was it but even if we did play rubbish football today in previous seasons if we had gone 2-1 down I think we would have struggled to get the equaliser .

Of course people want to watch entertaining football but it’s results that matter and hopefully next season we will be playing like Brazil ,  (joking, hopefully next season things will gel a lot better). We never do things the easy way but that’s Motherwell (and we also lost Watt although he hasn’t exactly been banging the goals in for Utd). 

Sorry that Lamie is leaving. 

• Like 2

Just spent an hour looking through St Mirren Hibs Aberdeen St Johnstone threads and if you think the negativity in here is bad you should look through the ones above.

They all want their managers sacked as well funnily enough.

A bit of luck today with the Livi penalty claim as it could easily have been given considering the amount of decisions that went against us during the game. Given and it would have been goodnight Vienna but we must have been due a break from a referee at some point.

I'm happy to see what transpires during the close season and reserve judgement until then. Hopefully he realises that winning games is important but you've got to have the fans on board with you as well.

1 hour ago, MFCL84 said:

I believe that pretty much everyone on here is happy that the team did enough to achieve a top 6 finish.

Posters were saying they wanted us to  lose so Alexander couldn't 'gloat' about finishing Top 6.

If fans want to have a discussion on the plummeting standards across Scottish football I'm all ears.  I've been beating that drum for a while.

Blaming it on Alexander is a different story.  

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

Ross County, shite first half of the season, great second half, Malky Mckay, great manager, Motherwell great first half, poor second, Alexander must go

I'm not exactly in the Alexander Must Go camp, but I don't think it's hard to understand why a manager that turns a losing team into a winning one might be more appreciated than one that does the opposite.