Livingston vs Motherwell

GazzyB

Was out yesterday so just watched highlights.  Carroll should be nowhere near first team, he costs us a goal every time he plays.  Maybe no other option yesterday with SOD injured but jeez it is painful to watch.  Plus slattery back in team..4pts out of 6, 1 goal,   just saying........COYW

23 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Absolutely. But wishing/hoping for better is a huge part of what keeps fans going to places like Fir Park.

Well I absolutely think you should always be pushing to improve, but despite the naysayers, we have improved.  

We've gone from relegation certainties to safety to Top 6.

I will be looking for improvement next season.  We need better players and better technical ability on the pitch and better performances.

But given the improvement we have shown I think the manager should get the opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Well I absolutely think you should always be pushing to improve, but despite the naysayers, we have improved.  

I will be looking for improvement next season.  We need better players and better technical ability on the pitch and better performances.

But given the improvement we have shown I think the manager should get the opportunity to do so.

I think, on balance, he should, and will. I don't want to see us sacking managers every couple of years - I just wish the football was a wee bit easier on the eye. But any reasonable person acknowledges it's a problem that runs right through the SPL.

58 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We have not improved the league has got worse and the quality of the teams in it are a joke outside the uglies . Yes we can all be happy at a top six finish and who knows maybe even a European place but please don’t try to kid the fans on we have improved when we clearly haven’t 

Just read through the thread and by God we have some funny folk on here.  If that yesterday wasnt entertainment at football what is? 

The celebrations from all at end was brilliant.

Livi were miles better 1st half but start of 2nd ohara won a couple of balls shields couple of runs and some chances and I thought we are back in this then their 2nd killed us.

Well done young team keeping their singing going after 2 down as I've no doubt this encouragement was a factor in what was a great exciting last 20 from us.

As you can guess I really enjoyed yesterday .

5 big games ahead and a wee mini league of 3 with united and County where top 2 can get europe likely is certainly more exciting than boring nothing games in bottom 6.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Was out yesterday so just watched highlights.  Carroll should be nowhere near first team, he costs us a goal every time he plays.  Maybe no other option yesterday with SOD injured but jeez it is painful to watch.  Plus slattery back in team..4pts out of 6, 1 goal,   just saying........COYW

there must be someone else who can play left back, as you say cost us again yesterday with yet another half hearted attempt at a tackle.

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure at the start of the season the board would have said top 6 finish Graham and he delivered also if someone had you would finish above Aberdeen and Hibs i would have said good stuff!

So we are now at the stage where we are top 6 club and folk are moaning ffs oh we dont play this way oh we dont play that way i couldnt give a flying funaki how we play aslong as we get top 6 and not relegated.

Well done to staff and players stuck in job done now Europe please!

40 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

As far as I can see we had 2 players booked yesterday. Slattery and Sol. Have I missed something ?

KVV followed the first goal into the net to retrieve the ball and tangled with the keeper.  The keeper went down.  Van Veen was rightly booked, he had no business being in the back of the net.

On the plus side, the time the keeper spent on the deck created the injury time for us to score our equaliser.

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I’d be very surprised if the defence next season is anything like this one. We need to start with a genuine leader at the back ( god I would have a Hartley back). Left back needs sorting and even at right back we don’t seem that strong although SOD should be more than enough on paper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

there must be someone else who can play left back, as you say cost us again yesterday with yet another half hearted attempt at a tackle.

I placed left back at amateur level for 20+ years, I could do a better job and that is saying something.  Ps.  Mrs grizzly has told me to stop telling police related puns,  I said 'OK...I'll give it arrest'  ba boom.

5 hours ago, mfc88 said:

Delighted to be in the top six and what a moment to make it. I would not have left the game happy if we had ended up top 6 by losing but other results going our way, so glad it played out the way it did.

Didn't think I'd say this a year ago but lamie is by far our best defender, sad to see him leaving and he has proven to be very professional since signing PCA with Dundee. But it does concern me to watch the third first team regular sign for a rival in 1 season.

Can't lie it has been a frustrating half season. The sale of watt for a few quid could have ended up costing us a hell of a lot more. The omission of slattery was baffling, his return is the reason we are where we are now. The repeatedly flat midfield. The dropping of woolery as soon as he hits some form. The defensive errors have been comical. Saving subs till 80+ minutes.

I could point to many other frustrations which make it easy to see why so many are calling for the manager to go. Had we not been in this position, I would be too. This buys him some time for me, but mistakes need to be learned from. For his flaws GA does have other good management qualities which kept us up last season and got us into a great position up until the last few months and let's not forget managers can learn and improve too, we need to see this though.

How we perform the end of this season and start next will be critical in that sense. We got away with it this season but we can't go a full round of league fixtures picking up 5 points and expect to remain in the league.

As it happens we are where we are. Weird that we're there but hey ho, let's see what we can make of it. Hopefully now the pressure of a poor league placing is off we can try a few things, set up and play a bit more freely. 4th is very achievable.

This is exactly where I am at.

Great post.

22 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I placed left back at amateur level for 20+ years, I could do a better job and that is saying something.  Ps.  Mrs grizzly has told me to stop telling police related puns,  I said 'OK...I'll give it arrest'  ba boom.

I played at left back too. I'd have pointed out that Goss and Lamie should both have won their tackles before letting Forrest play the through ball for the first goal.

• Like 1

I'm also frequently deployed at left back, but just play left wing anyway, cos fuck that, it's the Memphis rec leagues.

Carroll isn't good, and while McGinley may be better in some aspects (such as cleverness), he's not my favorite either. However, it does seem unlikely that we'll bring in another LB unless Carroll goes to St. Mirren.

A first choice actual center back who has some degree of mobility is a must. I don't care how good looking he is or whether he's culturally Scandinavian.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ropy said:

KVV followed the first goal into the net to retrieve the ball and tangled with the keeper.  The keeper went down.  Van Veen was rightly booked, he had no business being in the back of the net.

On the plus side, the time the keeper spent on the deck created the injury time for us to score our equaliser.

I was at the game and I missed KVV being shown a yellow card but according to all match reports that I have read, there is only 2 bookings for us Slattery and Sol, no mention of KVV being booked!

23 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I was at the game and I missed KVV being shown a yellow card but according to all match reports that I have read, there is only 2 bookings for us Slattery and Sol, no mention of KVV being booked!

The official site has Lamie being booked too, maybe for inciting a pitch invasion but I never noticed that.  KVV definitely got booked but it was an age after the incident, after the keeper had been attended to.

KVV has had a few deserved bookings, but that one yesterday was anything but. It was purely down to the antics of the goalkeeper, really pathetic stuff.

One of my favourite things about the highlights is that every outfield player goes to the crowd after the equaliser, but Lamie just has a few fistbumps and runs back to his own half. Gutted he's leaving tbh.

25 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

KVV has had a few deserved bookings, but that one yesterday was anything but. It was purely down to the antics of the goalkeeper, really pathetic stuff.

KVV ran from the 18 yard line into the goals getting needlessly involved.  We had just scored a goal, go and celebrate, or get back and get ready for the game kicking off.  Any attacker who runs into the goal to retrieve the ball is deserving of a yellow card.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ropy said:

KVV ran from the 18 yard line into the goals getting needlessly involved.  We had just scored a goal, go and celebrate, or get back and get ready for the game kicking off.  Any attacker who runs into the goal to retrieve the ball is deserving of a yellow card.

Physical contact with an opponent aside Ropy, I've seen numerous attackers run into the net to retrieve the ball over the years and not one has been yellow carded. Stryjek was at it plain and simple and in my view KVV had every right to try to collect the ball but not to make physical contact with Stryjek. That was silly. It was very pleasing though to know that the keeper's blatant play acting and timewasting directly led to his own team's downfall.