Livingston vs Motherwell

GazzyB

4 hours ago, ropy said:

KVV ran from the 18 yard line into the goals getting needlessly involved.  We had just scored a goal, go and celebrate, or get back and get ready for the game kicking off.  Any attacker who runs into the goal to retrieve the ball is deserving of a yellow card.

I strongly disagree, he's run in to grab the ball to get on with the game. Watch the highlights, he doesn't touch the keeper's head and the keeper goes down clutching his head and even gets the physios on.

All he was trying to do was speed up the restart, absolutely no problem with that for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I strongly disagree, he's run in to grab the ball to get on with the game. Watch the highlights, he doesn't touch the keeper's head and the keeper goes down clutching his head and even gets the physios on.

All he was trying to do was speed up the restart, absolutely no problem with that for me.

That drives me cuckoo. Why would that speed up the restart? The team about to kick off and the referee will determine the speed of restart and no amount of running into the goal to retrieve the ball is going to change that. How much time advantage are we talking about here? Not arguing that he didn't touch the keeper, just don't see it being much of an advantage to try and retireve the ball. If anything with all the it's "ma baw" carry on when it happens, it probably negates the opportunity to start the game quicker.

3 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

That drives me cuckoo. Why would that speed up the restart? The team about to kick off and the referee will determine the speed of restart and no amount of running into the goal to retrieve the ball is going to change that. How much time advantage are we talking about here? Not arguing that he didn't touch the keeper, just don't see it being much of an advantage to try and retireve the ball. If anything with all the it's "ma baw" carry on when it happens, it probably negates the opportunity to start the game quicker.

Yep, the opposition just wonder back even slower, you gain nothing. 

So let me get this right. Time wasting and feigning injury is ok. But trying to get on with the game isnt? I know the modern game has changed, but really? No way KVV should be getting a booking for that. You can day its getting needlessly involved, but he still hasnt done anything wrong. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, weeyin said:

I played at left back too. I'd have pointed out that Goss and Lamie should both have won their tackles before letting Forrest play the through ball for the first goal.

I honestly don't normally have it in for a player but carrol is dire and looks uninterested.

He turns his back on the ball so often , doesn't engage with attacker, I think sod is best left back we have and he isn't great either 

28 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

So let me get this right. Time wasting and feigning injury is ok. But trying to get on with the game isnt? I know the modern game has changed, but really? No way KVV should be getting a booking for that. You can day its getting needlessly involved, but he still hasnt done anything wrong. 

Why do you think timewasting and feigning injury is ok, no one else does.  KVV got needlessly involved and got booked.

You can see it around 2:22 in this clip.  He challenges  the keeper, slowing the process down, giving the keeper an excuse to go down.  Without his intervention the keeper would have kicked the ball up the park while our guys were celebrating.

The keeper was at it and ironically we took advantage of the time wasted. But when a goal is scored it should be left to the defending team to restart the match.  

Personally I think it’s a sad day when we are even thinking about re signing Lamie, this is the guy who gave more goals to the opposition than our strikers scored, now that we have (unfortunately) GA next season whether that’s good or bad let him sign his new centre half’s n see what we get, all that will happen is Lamie will hold us to ransom n do we really want him? 
We need a clear out of the ones who don’t want to play at Motherwell n if Lamie  wants to go n play championship footie then let him go! IMO

36 minutes ago, Motherwell Daft said:
We need a clear out of the ones who don’t want to play at Motherwell n if Lamie  wants to go n play championship footie then let him go! IMO

Yeah I thank him for his header at the weekend. But I’m happy to see him go and give someone from the reserves a chance. What ever happened to big David Devine? Surely he’s filled out by now? I’m sure he made his debut the same day as young Dean against Livi at home.

33 minutes ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Not surprised he is having 2nd thoughts about the move, the manager he signed for is gone and been replaced by mcghee who will be gone as soon as Dundee are relegated, no doubt the wage he was promised will be readjusted for championship levels, so if there is a chance to remain playing in the premiership he should take it, I would offer him a new deal at Fir park. 

2 hours ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Personally I think it’s a sad day when we are even thinking about re signing Lamie, this is the guy who gave more goals to the opposition than our strikers scored, now that we have (unfortunately) GA next season whether that’s good or bad let him sign his new centre half’s n see what we get, all that will happen is Lamie will hold us to ransom n do we really want him?

I hardly think he'll be in a position to hold us to ransom. He chose to leave and we'll have started planning accordingly. If he decides he doesn't want to leave after all, a new contract will be at our discretion, not his.

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

According to daily record there is chance Lamie could change his mind due to clauses and fact mcpake now sacked. If possible I would get him signed up

But, you want improvement? He only made it out the Livingston strikers back pocket just in time on Saturday. Bullied

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Not surprised he is having 2nd thoughts about the move, the manager he signed for is gone and been replaced by mcghee who will be gone as soon as Dundee are relegated, no doubt the wage he was promised will be readjusted for championship levels, so if there is a chance to remain playing in the premiership he should take it, I would offer him a new deal at Fir park. 

I wouldn’t be so sure. 

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

According to daily record there is chance Lamie could change his mind due to clauses and fact mcpake now sacked. If possible I would get him signed up

It says more about the standard at the back. I thought Lamie got way too much stick but he’s still just a bog standard Premiership/higher level Championship player for me. I’d rather bring back the bold Declan simply because I think he’s better than what we have now and even that would not be popular.

One of the reasons players move is for more first team football. Lamie has been about 4th choice in his preferred position most of this season, so I assumed Dundee were offering him a better chance of regular starts. If the money was similar (or better) and the length of contract was similar (or better) then you can see how it would have made sense at the time.

If we did re-sign him, I think he'd still be 3rd or 4th choice in GA's mind, so not sure anything has changed for him from that perspective.

49 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

But, you want improvement? He only made it out the Livingston strikers back pocket just in time on Saturday. Bullied

Just my view.  I think he is our best centre half at the moment. Ojala seems injury prone and Sol has looked ropey  at times, big bevis has his moments.  Judging by responses I seem to be in minority but hey ho all about opinions which I respect....COYW

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Just my view.  I think he is our best centre half at the moment. Ojala seems injury prone and Sol has looked ropey  at times, big bevis has his moments.  Judging by responses I seem to be in minority but hey ho all about opinions which I respect....COYW

Agree with this 100%.

Lamie has been our best defender for months. Without question. And that after the merit of playing him was questioned by some on here insisting he would not be committed enough having signed a pre contract elsewhere. Lamie has been nothing but professional and certainly proven those doubters wrong. Compare Lamie's approach to that of Gallagher who I cannot believe has been touted as a possible resigning.

If he can get out of the Dundee move I would be delighted if Lamie stayed with us. And that is based on his form over a prolonged period and his commitment to his present club. We could do a lot worse. But he should be played as a centre back instead of being forced to sort out full back issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Agree with this 100%.

Lamie has been our best defender for months. Without question. And that after the merit of playing him was questioned by some on here insisting he would not be committed enough having signed a pre contract elsewhere. Lamie has been nothing but professional and certainly proven those doubters wrong. Compare Lamie's approach to that of Gallagher who I cannot believe has been touted as a possible resigning.

If he can get out of the Dundee move I would be delighted if Lamie stayed with us. And that is based on his form over a prolonged period and his commitment to his present club. We could do a lot worse. But he should be played as a centre back instead of being forced to sort out full back issues. 

Agree 100% with this. Ojala, while a good footballer, looks unfit and appears to be made of cookie dough. Solholm gets away with it because of his megaphone moment, and Mugabe is prone to his bombscare moments, although he is much improved.  Lamie has been better than any of them this season.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Lammie had a bad period and rightly drifted out of contention. Since he's come back in hes been solid for months now and is better than OJala and Sol combined and for that reason we should look to keep him if we can. Also look at his on field commitment for someone who is leaving and look at Carrols who is staying night and day. 

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

Aye exactly.

Lamie went to move for more money and to work with a guy he liked. The guy he liked is gone and maybe the money wasn't what he expected.

If he's better than what we can get for the same money elsewhere then I've no problem with him now getting a deal. Though this should really be in the ins and outs thread.

He also wasnt getting a regular game which has changed with his upturn in form.