coldonmac

2 minutes ago, coldonmac said:

Looking at the fixtures pre-split, we should have the following:

Celtic - away

Rangers - home

Hearts - home

Dundee United - home

Ross County - away

This is what we SHOULD have, but as it's down to the SFA/SPFL it probably won't be.

The problem is that would leave us with 20 home games and 18 away. I reckon it’ll be balanced with an extra away trip to Tannadice, as Dundee United need an ‘extra’ home game to balance 19 home and away games. (This is based on just looking at our games, and not who everyone else in the top 6 had already played home / away, so it could change obviously.)

1 hour ago, coldonmac said:

Looking at the fixtures pre-split, we should have the following:

Celtic - away

Rangers - home

Hearts - home

Dundee United - home

Ross County - away

This is what we SHOULD have, but as it's down to the SFA/SPFL it probably won't be.

Once the SPFL have pandered to and sorted out the ugly sisters then the other 4 teams will get what's left.  It should be an even split but don't hold your breath.

If either of the old firm win the cup does that give a space to the team that finishes 5th in the league a crack in Europe . I’m sure there’s two champions league spots  one Europa and two  Europa conference spots . 
Stand to be corrected . Anyone in the know ?

4 minutes ago, Mintymac said:

If either of the old firm win the cup does that give a space to the team that finishes 5th in the league a crack in Europe . I’m sure there’s two champions league spots  one Europa and two  Europa conference spots . 

I think it does if Hearts, Rangers or Celtic win the Scottish Cup.

I believe the top two go into the Champions League, the Scottish Cup winner/highest placed league side goes into the Europa League and the next two league places go to the Europa Conference.

This was on the bbc website the other day the European places…

Celtic and Rangers will be in the Champions League next season, so should the winner of their semi-final go on to claim the cup, Scotland's sole Europa League spot - in the play-off round - would be awarded to the team finishing third in the league, highly likely to be Hearts.

As a consequence, the teams in fourth and fifth would earn Europa Conference League football, at the third and second round of qualifying respectively. That would also come to pass if Hearts win the cup.

In fact, the only way the fifth-placed finishers would not be in Europe is if Hibs beat Hearts in the other semi-final, win the cup and finish outside the top four.

If russian clubs are still banned next year does that mean any potential extra places? 

No idea if that's likely or how the split would go if it did?

Anyway, we've been humped with less home games than away games before so maybe we're due a good break. 

Aberdeen and Hibs not making top 6 will have thrown the leagues fixture plans out the window.

Have to assume they do Celtic Vs Rangers first week so Celtic can't win the league against Rangers (bizarre twist of the Scottish game that they actively avoid the tow biggest teams playing to decide the league when every other league would be desperately trying to set it up).

So even odds we would get Rangers or Celtic last game. 

We would get Conf League round 3 if 4th and Round 2 if 5th.  Rangers /  Celtic guaranteed CL group stages and the other Either CL or EL Group stages depending how they get on in the rounds.  Hearts are in EL group play off and Guaranteed Conf League Group stages so a minimum of three teams in the groups 

3 minutes ago, Andy H said:

We would get Conf League round 3 if 4th and Round 2 if 5th.  Rangers /  Celtic guaranteed CL group stages and the other Either CL or EL Group stages depending how they get on in the rounds.  Hearts are in EL group play off and Guaranteed Conf League Group stages so a minimum of three teams in the groups 

Unless Hibs win the cup, then they would get Europa playoff and Hearts the conference league prelim round 3.

3 hours ago, Mintymac said:

I think as long as Hibs don't win the cup, I qualify for the Europa League Cup League Preliminary Group Stage Conference Qualifier Round.

7 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

The problem is that would leave us with 20 home games and 18 away. I reckon it’ll be balanced with an extra away trip to Tannadice, as Dundee United need an ‘extra’ home game to balance 19 home and away games. (This is based on just looking at our games, and not who everyone else in the top 6 had already played home / away, so it could change obviously.)

Not necessarily , here is the guide direct from SPFL site.

How are the fixtures worked out?
The main factor is to try to ensure that clubs finish the season having played 19 home games and 19 away games.

There is a chance of one club playing 18 at home and 20 away or vice versa. That was something all clubs were aware of prior to introducing the system.

1 hour ago, I'll*no*be*back said:

Not necessarily , here is the guide direct from SPFL site.

How are the fixtures worked out?
The main factor is to try to ensure that clubs finish the season having played 19 home games and 19 away games.

There is a chance of one club playing 18 at home and 20 away or vice versa. That was something all clubs were aware of prior to introducing the system.

Except for the ugly sisters no chance either of them getting 1 less home game,  especially the blue uglies. 

Ross County sneaking in ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs is excellent, County are definitely the weaker of those three teams.

5th place at worst should be well in our sights. Hopefully we play like we did vs St Mirren and kick on and clinch a European spot.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Ross County sneaking in ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs is excellent, County are definitely the weaker of those three teams.

5th place at worst should be well in our sights. Hopefully we play like we did vs St Mirren and kick on and clinch a European spot.

I disagree Ive said all season out with the OF RC have been the hardest team we've faced. Aberdeen and Hibs are in the bottom 6 on merit. 

They have to predict who will finish top 6 before the season starts to try and schedule the last 5 fixtures to balance home and away, plus take into account previous home and away balance.

I think Hibs and Aberdeen really shafted them with that, which is why we end up at Tannadice again.

At this stage, it's all a bonus now in my opinion. If we can challenge for Europe then great, but if we finish 6th then it's not that bad either. 

I'd like to see the players just go out and give it a go. Especially against the Old Firm. Those two games are the very definition of free hits, so go out and give it a try.