Europe next Season

Andy H

56 minutes ago, Andy H said:

If Rangers do the unthinkable and win the Europa League. they get a Group Place in the Champions League.

Does that mean Scotland gets a 6th place, ie Hearts go into CL, 4th gets EL (and guaranteed group stage for Conf League) 5th and 6th Conf league?

This year Spain got 5 teams in CL. The first four in their League plus Villareal. So I think yes. But don't bank on it given we are a wee diddy country.

A guaranteed spot in conference group would be pretty good. Of course I wouldnt really have to deal with all the gloating and related shite on a daily basis being over here. Suppose I’ll just deal with it whatever way it pans out. Although there is a wee bit of a twist in that we have been supporting west Ham for a long long time since way back we could only get to watch EPL games. I’d be good with Hammers winning Europa and Motherwell advancing in conference competition. 

1 hour ago, Stuwell2 said:

Is a wee trip abroad worth listening to those turds gloating for years to come?

In all honesty it's the ugly sisters regular involvement in Europe and going deep into tournaments that has raised Scotlands coefficient to the point we are at now, where potentially 5 teams in a 12 team league get European qualification.

So for me if the Blue uglies winning the Europa league means all of the top 6 get into Europe then I have no issues with that , nobody except the other ugly pays any attention to the shite either of them spout anyway.

• Like 3

It’d say it’s highly unlikely that Rangers will win the EL, if anything they’ll be lucky to reach the Final as they are easily the weakest side left in that tournament. 

That said it’s going to be amusing over the next few weeks watching the amount of folk shitting their breeks at the very thought of them being in with a chance of winning it. :lol:

Sevco winning the EL has me laughing. That won't happen. The fact they have reached the semis is nothing short of remarkable combined with the fact they have had very very lucky draws and a few nightmares from the likes of BD on their side.

In all honesty I struggle to get my head round wtf each place means for Europe etc now. Am I right by saying 1,2,3 and 4th all get Europe automatically with 5th getting in if the cup is won by someone already qualifying? 

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

I think you're right. It would likely  maintain or boost our coefficient for future seasons, but no more than that.  I think we are at our max for Euro spots. 

I don't see it happening though. 

So how come Spain had 5 teams in CL this year when their "Limit" is 4?  Barca, the 2 Madrid Clubs, Sevilla and Villareal as Europa Cup winners. All in the Group stages.  Might be a factor that Villareal did not qualify automatically via league placing so had to be fitted in. But it is not correct that limits cannot/will not be exceeded when it suits. Uefa tend to make it up as they go along.

We will likely never find out in Rangers case but if a miracle were to happen then a decision would have to be made. It is not clear cut. It is also a factor that Uefa are looking to implement a "wildcard entry" to be given to teams with a good CL record that do not qualify automatically via their own League. Like Man Utd as an example. Again that would result in 5 teams from England taking part.

If Russia and/or Ukraine clubs are not included it has been suggested those countries with 3 teams included might be upped to 4 teams each. But no firm decision has been made.

We should really all be hoping Rangers and Celtic do get far in Europe as at the end of the day that benefits Scotland in respect of teams taking part and also those teams are more likely to reach the group stages. For instance, if Hearts win the cup but lose their first Europa Cup tie, they will drop into the Conference Group stages and rake it in. That is purely down to Rangers and to a lesser extent Celtic. The Livi manager was spot on when he pointed out how much a European qualification could mean to every club nowadays.

• Like 1

The CL has all sorts of weird rules baked in to ensure the big boys get more than they deserve. They're trying to confirm a rule change where teams that don't qualify at all get to play if they have a "high historic coefficient ranking".  

It's just a backdoor effort to rebuild the European Superleague, but it gets closer every day.

As people will know from my posts, I'm no fan of the Old Firm, but I still think it's ridiculous that the Champions from our league have to go through more qualification rounds than teams that finish 4th in the EPL. Again, it's all about protecting the wealthy and making sure they get richer while sporting fairness and integrity becomes a distant memory.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The CL has all sorts of weird rules baked in to ensure the big boys get more than they deserve. They're trying to confirm a rule change where teams that don't qualify at all get to play if they have a "high historic coefficient ranking".  

It's just a backdoor effort to rebuild the European Superleague, but it gets closer every day.

As people will know from my posts, I'm no fan of the Old Firm, but I still think it's ridiculous that the Champions from our league have to go through more qualification rounds than teams that finish 4th in the EPL. Again, it's all about protecting the wealthy and making sure they get richer while sporting fairness and integrity becomes a distant memory.

That's it in a nut shell

This is in reference to EPL but same rules would apply to Scotland (top2 v top4 for epl)

If a club win the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League and finish in the top four, their qualification for the UCL through their league position is not transferred to another team.  

18 hours ago, weeyin said:

Yes, I was forced to agree with Simon Jordan :blink: yesterday when he said the game had zero morality or integrity as a business. It certainly looks like it the way   the "elite" clubs continue to try to bend the rules to increase their wealth and influence at the expense of the rest.

On 4/15/2022 at 2:27 PM, Stuwell2 said:

Is a wee trip abroad worth listening to those turds gloating for years to come?

I don't get this.

You'd rather Motherwell lose out because of what Rangers fans say?

They are intolerable anyway, even with 1 trophy in a decade or whatever it is.

Motherwell fans should be focused on Motherwell.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I don't get this.

100% this, the uglies should be ignored at all times, nobody gives a feck about any of the shite they spout, coyw.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I don't get this.

One trophy in their history!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

100% this, the uglies should be ignored at all times, nobody gives a feck about any of the shite they spout, coyw.

Agreed. After years of practise, I'm pretty good at avoiding or ignoring all things OF related.

I can't stand either side of the old firm,I've always found them to have some weird obsession with us over the years,I take great pleasure in them hating us.as for moving the rangers game,we should tell them to fuck off then take points off them and ending any slim chance they have of the title and kick them off the park in the process just before there european game.both sides have sucked the life out of the game here since the beginning of time,they should be getting no favours when it's needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

I hope we don't get into Europe because we are fucking garbage.

I hope we do.

I was a young boy at Katowice home game, loved the glamour of it and seeing something different.

Then I was spoiled with trips to some great places.  Aalesund, Nancy, Odense, Bucharest....gave me an excuse to see places I never would. Camaraderie and memories.

The games are not simply a by-product but to get to the places and sing the songs & walk the walk is something I don't take for granted.

• Like 2