Motherwell v Rangers 24/4/22

Spiderpig

Absolutely raging at the club for agreeing to this. Their supporters cause mayhem at a ladies game. They shafted us for tickets at their midden. Oh and Mrs Sinjy asked me last week what day we could visit her brother and sister and go for a meal. Everything booked for Saturday. Another game I cant get to. Is it worth buying a season ticket next season when we get mucked around. At least when the game is switched for TV we get  plenty of warning but this is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, sinjy said:

Absolutely raging at the club for agreeing to this. Their supporters cause mayhem at a ladies game. They shafted us for tickets at their midden. Oh and Mrs Sinjy asked me last week what day we could visit her brother and sister and go for a meal. Everything booked for Saturday. Another game I cant get to. Is it worth buying a season ticket next season when we get mucked around. At least when the game is switched for TV we get  plenty of warning but this is ridiculous.

Exactly.

I contacted the club about getting a refund on the value of this game on the season ticket. I was told it was no problem to refund a ticket but when i said season ticket i got humming and hawwing  and told to email Suzanne Reid.

The twitter replies are all Rangers fans rubbing his belly and every single response from a Motherwell fan is negative which is why he didn't tweet about it during the previous four days.

The chat about “we wanted more Saturday games” is ridiculous. It is a return to the Boyle days where we allowed the Old Firm to absolutely ride us with no thoughts whatsoever for our own.

I normally quite like the guy but this is just downright pathetic from Burrows. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stv said:

Helping the Scottish team in Europe. Simple. If it had been Aberdeen or Hearts no one would have bothered ,except sinjy’s in-laws. 

A team that refused us any tickets for our first fixture this season and who's fans attacked a women's game at our ground only days ago. Yet we are doing the usual doormat act to benefit the usual people.

We should be doing nothing to help them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

A team that refused us any tickets for our first fixture this season and who's fans attacked a women's game at our ground only days ago. Yet we are doing the usual doormat act to benefit the usual people.

We should be doing nothing to help them.

This sums up Scottish football in more than one way.

40 minutes ago, stv said:

Helping the Scottish team in Europe. Simple. If it had been Aberdeen or Hearts no one would have bothered ,except sinjy’s in-laws. 

It’s absolutely nothing to do with who it is. It is the hundreds of Motherwell fans who now cannot go because we have once again sucked up to another club with no regards to our own fans. Changing a game with four days notice? Gimme a fuckin break man.

If Aberdeen or Hearts had asked I’m absolutely certain Burrows would have done what he should have done here, and pished himself laughing and told them to bolt. 

• Like 1

I can't make it now that the game has been moved and I'll not get to see it on the tele now either.weve bent over for that lot yet again,there was always going to be disruption to our own fans moving this game and for that reason only,it should never have been moved.thats 2 out of the 3 family members I go to games with can't make it now.

46 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I suspect we weren't given much say in the matter, despite the protocols in place. 

Burrows has said changing it to Saturday was his and the club's preference. 

Fair play to him for at least not passing the buck but it's still poor and sleekit that he kept it all under wraps until it was formalised. 

20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Fair play to him for at least not passing the buck but it's still poor and sleekit that he kept it all under wraps until it was formalised. 

The Police were the stumbling block. I was told they had already drawn up their rosters based on a Sunday match and placed officers on leave on the Saturday. To minimise wage costs as the try to avoid Overtime payments. That could not be forcibly changed so the only option left was for an overtime shout. Those costs had to be met from somewhere and Rangers were asked to stump up, perhaps by Motherwell and/or the SPFL.  I can only assume they agreed so then the game was belatedly moved.

I have no objection to the game being moved to assist a Scottish club in Europe.....after all we may well benefit from OF success in Europe..... although I get that some fans will be disadvantaged. No doubt some fans are also disadvantaged by a noon Sunday kick off and any other game that is rescheduled for SKY.  But I do think the Club should and could have communicated better.  But perhaps I am just not as bitter or Burrows obsessed as some on here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

Turn it up. Obsessed 

• Haha 1

I'm actually a bit shocked by response to this. Whilst I would never want to back down to either of them I can see how some might see it. However I see it as beneficial to us also in we have an extra day rest before utd game as well as I'd imagine players desperate to get back after 2 week since livi game where we finished on a high.

I also can totally understand frustration with people who have made arrangements and now can't make it but also there would have been some who couldn't make the Sunday and now can so its swings and roundabouts I'd imagine. 

It will be hilarious if we can get something out game after all their fans on twitter sooking up to burrows for so called helping them out.

Can't wait for Saturday now and also maybe a great Saturday afternoon in pub after a gd result which wouldn't have been as good on a Sunday.

• Like 1

Is there any real benefit for Scottish football if Rangers somehow get to a European final?

If their fans behave as they did the last time they achieved this feat, then there is probably more chance that we will all be banned from Europe for a couple of years.

As for moving the game, I assume we had next to bugger all input into the decision and Burrows, who is a Motherwell man to his core, is stuck with having to try and put a positive spin on it for appearances sake. A complete no win situation for the club. My sympathies lie wholeheartedly with any and all of our support who have been mucked around by the decision, but the truth of the matter is that the people who had the power and influence over the situation don't give a monkey's cuss what we think.

22 minutes ago, The African said:

Is there any real benefit for Scottish football if Rangers somehow get to a European final?

Maintains or improves the country's coefficient which determines how many club teams they can enter into the European competitions each season, and at what stage they enter. Details here if you need some sleep.

Bigger payout to the associate clubs from UEFA via solidarity payments (worth £210k to us last financial year).

Doesn't mean to say I want them to win, but any and all Scottish teams doing well in Europe does bring benefits.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, steelboy said:

Exactly.

I contacted the club about getting a refund on the value of this game on the season ticket. I was told it was no problem to refund a ticket but when i said season ticket i got humming and hawwing  and told to email Suzanne Reid.

The twitter replies are all Rangers fans rubbing his belly and every single response from a Motherwell fan is negative which is why he didn't tweet about it during the previous four days.

Why would you think you should get a refund for a season ticket game? Next year i'll try that...... sorry Motherwell, i missed four games through holidays, weans birthdays, walking my maws dug....... oh & i forgot, you were good enough to give me my season ticket free last sunmer!

Absolute chancer!

• Like 2