Motherwell v Rangers 24/4/22

Spiderpig

5 hours ago, weeyin said:

Maintains or improves the country's coefficient which determines how many club teams they can enter into the European competitions each season, and at what stage they enter. Details here if you need some sleep.

Bigger payout to the associate clubs from UEFA via solidarity payments (worth £210k to us last financial year).

Doesn't mean to say I want them to win, but any and all Scottish teams doing well in Europe does bring benefits.

To put bones on the Solidarity thing. From the total pot of £125m+ ( Dec 2019 figure) made available to the associate Clubs from UEFA’s income, 80% goes to the Associations who have a team reach CL group stage.  The other Associations share only 20%. This season something like 15 different associations were represented in the CL Group stage so they will be allocated a share of £100m+ to share equally  between their top division teams who have a youth policy that meets UEFA criteria. And some top division clubs in those countries do not have an acceptable youth policy, increasing the payment to those that do. A couple of our top division sides have lost out recently for that reason. We benefited. 
So much as it may pain us, we should hope for Motherwell’s financial benefit that at least one Scottish team does well in the Champions League. If the coefficient is boosted by Europa League success that will increase our chances of having two teams enter the CL each year, with one even going straight into the Group Stages if Scotland is ranked high enough ( or one of our teams qualifies by winning the Europa League). 

21 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Why would you think you should get a refund for a season ticket game? Next year i'll try that...... sorry Motherwell, i missed four games through holidays, weans birthdays, walking my maws dug....... oh & i forgot, you were good enough to give me my season ticket free last sunmer!

Absolute chancer!

They have never changed a game on a whim with four days notice before so this is a unique situation. 

On top of offering fuck all to fans who were locked out the Livi game it's extremely shoddy from the club. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

They have never changed a game on a whim with four days notice before so this is a unique situation. 

On top of offering fuck all to fans who were locked out the Livi game it's extremely shoddy from the club. 

Burrows should say no bother Steelboy. Come up to fir park and we can sort this out. You paid £0 for your season ticket, divide the cost by 19 home games = theres your £0 refund.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

What really surprises me about this is the fixtures were announced last Tuesday. Surely Rangers thought they had a chance of going through against Braga so would have known they would want extra prep days for the semi final. 

If it had been announced with the fixtures everyone would have been happy enough. The lack of foresight and planning is wild, taking things one game at a time is fine for players but you'd think someone higher up would take a longer term view.

22 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

What really surprises me about this is the fixtures were announced last Tuesday. Surely Rangers thought they had a chance of going through against Braga so would have known they would want extra prep days for the semi final. 

If it had been announced with the fixtures everyone would have been happy enough. The lack of foresight and planning is wild, taking things one game at a time is fine for players but you'd think someone higher up would take a longer term view.

Exactly. Why the governing body didn't take this possibility into account in the first place is a bit of a joke. I'm far from someone who has any time for Rangers, but it's on the footballing authorities in this country to be helping them have the best chance of success in Europe, while at the same time not shafting fans of the other clubs.

1 hour ago, Big Stall said:

Burrows should say no bother Steelboy. Come up to fir park and we can sort this out. You paid £0 for your season ticket, divide the cost by 19 home games = theres your £0 refund.

My ticket was paid for this season. I didn't have one in 19/20 or 20/21. I don't think that matters though, everyone paid for a full set of home games. 

My ticket was paid for this season. I didn't have one in 19/20 or 20/21. I don't think that matters though, everyone paid for a full set of home games. 

So you paid for a full set of home games and think the club should then refund you if you then can't go to a specific game for whatever reason, aye OK then, a great business model for the club, you really do talk shite.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

There was a limit of 500 placed on the crowd by the Scottish Government which resulted in a ballot for tickets.

:huh: Seriously why would MFC refund while complying with a restriction placed by an outside body?

Might be better trying this contact firstminister@gov.scot for your refund.

16 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

:huh: Seriously why would MFC refund while complying with a restriction placed by an outside body?

Might be better trying this contact firstminister@gov.scot for your refund.

Its all Burrows fault don't you know??

Pished in steelboys chips one day and winched his burd.

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

There was a limit of 500 placed on the crowd by the Scottish Government which resulted in a ballot for tickets.

I don’t see how you can blame Burrows for that, or even for getting the winter break moved as you have done a few times. Forgive me if I’m wrong but you appear to dislike Burrows for some reason.

The board/Burrows have made some pretty questionable decisions in the last few months.  Voting to shutdown the league while we were one of its form teams at Christmas (we didn't win again until April) and shafting our own fans to help Rangers at 4 days notice being two big ones.

9 minutes ago, Yassin said:

The board/Burrows have made some pretty questionable decisions in the last few months.  Voting to shutdown the league while we were one of its form teams at Christmas (we didn't win again until April) and shafting our own fans to help Rangers at 4 days notice being two big ones.

They voted to bring forward the winter break by 2 or 3 weeks, that extra 1 game maybe would really have stopped our form dipping, oh and a rearranged game always means some people lose out so now the fans who could not go on the Sunday can go, so hardly questionable decisions by the board, get a grip ffs.

3 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

I don’t see how you can blame Burrows for that, or even for getting the winter break moved as you have done a few times. Forgive me if I’m wrong but you appear to dislike Burrows for some reason.

Burrows was the foremost person giving interviews about the importance of not playing in front of 500 fans but after the SPFL meeting when the decision was made we had to play in front of 500 fans on Boxing Day he didn't say a word. 

Combine Boxing Day with this decision and it has really reduced the value of a season ticket for a lot of people. 

Was he? I thought that was Celtic and their media cheerleaders? Again, I’m happy to be corrected if wrong on that.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the reason that the proposal was put forward and eventually pushed through to bring the break forward was was Celtic wanted it, but Burrows by echoing that was done with our best interests, as he didn’t want us to lose out on gate money. After a full season of BCD last year then I can completely see why he’d be against a couple of games with crowds limited to 500, as that would have been a hammer blow to the club financially. 

I don’t remember when the SFPL meeting was but as I remember the Scottish Govt decision to bring in the restrictions which included the 500 limit to football crowds was announced on the 21st December, effective from Boxing Day. Celtic then kicked up a stink because they didn’t want to play games, particularly a game against Rangers, BCD and the decision to bring forward the break wasn’t taken until about the Thursday (23rd) of that week. 

I can see why Alan Burrows would have been for bringing it forward, even though he possibly wouldn’t have agreed with the Boxing Day Livi game going ahead as it did. By the there wasn’t much he could have done.

Burrows was the foremost person giving interviews about the importance of not playing in front of 500 fans but after the SPFL meeting when the decision was made we had to play in front of 500 fans on Boxing Day he didn't say a word. 

Combine Boxing Day with this decision and it has really reduced the value of a season ticket for a lot of people. 

He made his/clubs view known before the meeting but others obviously didn’t agree with that and voted for the 500.
So having lost the vote he keeps his mouth shut instead of sounding like someone who can’t accept defeat and you think that’s wrong?

If he’d said anything you would have no doubt been on here shouting him down for being a sore loser!