Motherwell v Rangers 24/4/22

Spiderpig

29 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Ffs the crying on here makes some folk so entitled.The fact people are having a go at Alan Burrows for me one of the best in the game and everything he has done for the club yeah all the good stuff.Move a game of football and its burning torches outside Fir Park get over it and move on.

Everybody makes mistakes for me he got this one wrong . Don’t see Celtic volunteering to move the uglies game next Sunday 

1 hour ago, Yodo said:
What is the meaning of volunteer in Oxford dictionary?

noun. /ˌvɒlənˈtɪə(r)/ /ˌvɑːlənˈtɪr/ a person who does a job without being paid for it.
That’s us or does the wee fella fae the states have another meaning 

I thought they were querying the verb?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The club definitely were not forced into it. 

No one is suggesting they were, at any point. They were happy to do it for the benefit of Scottish football, but that doesn’t mean they went offering to do it. 

also what does it matter if we pump them on Saturday instead of Sunday?

Can't wait for Saturday then we will have something sensible to discuss

1. How shite we were and how we never turn up against them , Burrows is responsible etc

2. Wow never saw that victory coming Europe and 4th place here we come.

Topic 1 is Currently odds on Favourite :nod:

• Haha 3

I'm sorry but I just can't get on board with being okay with this. We've moved a game of football 4 days before it's due to start, meaning there will be hundreds of our fans that now can't make it. If it was a few weeks or months in advance then whatever, but four days, and for no benefit to us? It's fuckin tragic from us.

We're putting another club first at the expense of several hundred fans, it's despicable.

• Like 2

I'd imagine our club didn't have much choice.

Football sold its soul to the TV companies a long time ago, and if they are happy to move it, we basically get zero input. There isn't a club on the planet that wants to kick off at noon or 12:30pm on a Sunday (or a Saturday), but we are subjected to them every weekend.

Doncaster wanted it moved. Rangers wanted it moved. Sky wanted to televise it.

Game over.

• Like 1

I don’t believe that for one second. The outrage if we had said no and they made us anyway would be too much, even for the joke that is the SPFL.

Burrows has said on Twitter we were happy to help anyway so it’s a moot argument. 

6 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I'm sorry but I just can't get on board with being okay with this. We've moved a game of football 4 days before it's due to start, meaning there will be hundreds of our fans that now can't make it. If it was a few weeks or months in advance then whatever, but four days, and for no benefit to us? It's fuckin tragic from us.

We're putting another club first at the expense of several hundred fans, it's despicable.

Just to play devils advocate as you are making some definite statements there...

How do you know hundreds of fans can't make it? What about the fans that couldn't make the  Sunday kick off? Perhaps more fans can now actually go. Perhaps it's negligible. Two from my group can now attend who couldn't for example.

No benefit to us? How do you know? Maybe the management team prefer to prepare for Saturday to Saturday games? Rather than Sunday to Saturday. Maybe Alexander would prefer a normal week ahead of an arguably bigger game v Dundee Utd, rather than moving rest days about and essentially losing prep time.

Feels like a lot of people are hiding behind a lot of other reasons not liking this, but it's  the fact we are agreeing to do this for one of the Glasgow two is the real issue here for most. Which is valid. But just say it.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'd imagine our club didn't have much choice.

Football sold its soul to the TV companies a long time ago, and if they are happy to move it, we basically get zero input. There isn't a club on the planet that wants to kick off at noon or 12:30pm on a Sunday (or a Saturday), but we are subjected to them every weekend.

Doncaster wanted it moved. Rangers wanted it moved. Sky wanted to televise it.

Game over.

That's it for me. The bottom line is that we shouldn't be disadvantaged financially in terms of hospitality etc. I would hope that has been addressed. The whole issue should have been resolved when the post split fixtures were being worked out.

9 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I'm sorry but I just can't get on board with being okay with this. We've moved a game of football 4 days before it's due to start, meaning there will be hundreds of our fans that now can't make it.

There will probably also be hundreds who now can. Maybe even more than could have gone on the Sunday. We'll never know.

And if Rangers are paying the Police costs is that not of financial benefit to Motherwell? I trust Burrows enough to believe that the switch will not have left us out of pocket. I doubt we will ever really know what the Clubs agreed between themselves, in private but approved by Spfl and Police. If we had been forced to change I'm pretty sure Motherwell would have made that known. 

Folk making a mountain out of a mole hill here, for whatever reason. And I can add two ST Holders who can now attend who were missing out on the Sunday.

• Like 1

I can't make Saturday due to work but otherwise would have been there. Part of me is gutted that I'll be missing a home match and losing my 100% attendance but on the other hand I'm a bit relieved that I won't be putting myself through the ringer to the same degree as is the norm when they come to town.