Motherwell v Rangers 24/4/22

Spiderpig

17 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'd imagine our club didn't have much choice.

Football sold its soul to the TV companies a long time ago, and if they are happy to move it, we basically get zero input. There isn't a club on the planet that wants to kick off at noon or 12:30pm on a Sunday (or a Saturday), but we are subjected to them every weekend.

Doncaster wanted it moved. Rangers wanted it moved. Sky wanted to televise it.

Game over.

How do you know Doncaster wanted it moved? 

Rangers wanted it moved. Approached Motherwell as they are entitled to and is correct procedure. . Motherwell agreed (like it or loathe it). BOTH Clubs approached Spfl who agreed on basis Sky confirmed they could rearrange their Schedule. Police then approached and, after sorting out Overtime costs and manning details, they agreed. It's not a big deal

Game over.

Some may not like that the game was moved, perhaps through a hatred of Rangers, Burrows or both. But no way do I believe Motherwell were forced to agree to the change. Other countries rearrange games all the time to assist their teams in Europe. For some reason folk in Scotland have an issue with it.

Could the Club have communicated better and was the change at short notice? Yes. Hopefully lessons will be learned.

Sadly, I think Superward was spot on in his last paragraph. Given the number of "likes" that post has,  it appears many agree.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Is KVV deffo suspended tomorrow? Was sure I read that on here but just listened to a near 15 min interview with Alexander and it wasn’t  mentioned!

Mind games. 

57 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I’ve got to decide do I reduce alcohol intake this evening so I can get up to watch 6am kick off. Or do I enjoy this evening and wake up and look at result. I may have to ponder this over a wee drink 

If it's any consolation, I'll be up at 06h00 to get my son's stuff organised so he can play , and I can watch his match in Linlithgow and we both get back to FP for the match.

Not my post... 

The devastating news the Camby community woke up to this morning that another one of life’s good guys gone too soon. Gustav Angus was an absolute character, a big Gers fan but ultimately a good guy and local lad.
Gus had mates who support both clubs so with the permission of Mum I would ask anyone attending the game tomorrow to be upstanding on the 40th minute and join us in a minutes applause in Gus memory.
I know it’s short notice but Please share this so everyone going to fir park takes part and give him a fitting tribute.   #applauseforgus

I was always confident going into games against the Old Firm at Fir Park in the past but in recent years not so much. They have a few missing  today as Ramsay (no surprise) and Roofe are out so that means Fashion Sakala will likely be up top again, can't say I've been impressed with him but no doubt he'll be made to look like a world class forward. 

Hopefully they have their eyes on the European game midweek, the Rangers fans on social media love to call us hatchet men and that, I would actually love it if we lived up to that rep today and we kick the utter crap out of them as they'll not fancy a 50/50 surely. We done well for 40 minutes at Fir Park last time but all the hard work was undone in minutes, three points would be marvellous but I'd take a draw.

Nick Walsh is the ref today, he officiated the 6-1 game at Fir Park last time the teams met. 

17 minutes ago, pretzel said:

I was always confident going into games against the Old Firm at Fir Park in the past but in recent years not so much. They have a few missing  today as Ramsay (no surprise) and Roofe are out so that means Fashion Sakala will likely be up top again, can't say I've been impressed with him but no doubt he'll be made to look like a world class forward.

We could have a few missing ourselves. Is Van Veen suspended today?

Hope I’m wrong, but with that starting 11 if Rangers play reasonably well I fear we’re getting another hammering!

How he can possibly start the same midfield that started at Livi beggars belief. Also, the one player who has caused them problems in previous games is on the bench, unbelievable.

I've got to do it.......(only because my predictions are always 100% wrong, ask any bookie).

That team selection will get us humped.

(I'd wanted us to play 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield, Tierney at the point. Only thing is, unavailability has changed the 11 i'd have used, but with what's there, i'd have had O'hara in for Cornelius)