Motherwell v Rangers 24/4/22

Spiderpig

We had to go for it at half time and didn’t. We’ve conceded the most goals of any team in the league since the turn of the year, being over reliant on our defence when we really didn’t need to be was an absolute killer today and has been for the past 4 months.

14 minutes ago, 2/6 tae get in said:

Keep, Kelly Tierney and maybe Corneilous . The rest can go .

I can’t argue with that.

I wasn’t looking for us to beat Rangers today but when the circumstances presented themselves I did feel the worst we would get would be a draw.

However we need to face the stark fact that we very probably have the worst squad of players that’s ever been assembled at Fir Park. It’s packed full of utter dross.

Added to that we have a manager in charge of the aforesaid utter dross, whose football philosophy makes me cringe. We are bereft of football ability; we lack cohesiveness as a group; we are uncompetitive and utterly unwatchable.

We’ve only taken 9 points from a possible 42 since the turn of the year and that’s relegation form. Thankfully it won’t happen this season but it’s an absolute racing certainty that it’ll be on the cards from the start of next season.

We are also starting to lose fans with  even some diehards finding it tough to keep going.

Radical change is badly needed in our recruitment philosophy as the quality of player being brought in from lower and non-league English and Irish football has been abysmal for some time now. 

It’s time for the chairman and board to wake up smartly and smell the shite.

• Like 4

Listened to Tierney’s post match interview with him saying we matched them, must have been at a different game from me, second half I seen us out moved, out run basically outplayed by ten men who wanted to win a game of football more than our pretenders.

• Like 1

What's happening in the training ground, it's just no joiney up stuff u expect from a team,u know tactics, movement, cohesion,we are too narrow,we give width away to all teams to deliver crosses,we need a manager who knows how to set a team up,it's fecking amateur punt and hope, only genuine ball players are slats and teirney

31 minutes ago, mfc said:

Our defence is a shambles,we've tried umpteen combinations all season but yet we don't have one partnership that looks solid.mugabi has improved this season but is going back the way the more he plays at right back,he looks completely lost against any decent opposition.if odonnell isn't going to be first choice next season he needs to be moved on and another player brought in that will,I just hope mugabi at right back isn't the long term plan.our options at left back are amateurish,to have both carroll and mcginley signed up for next season is a joke,carroll needs to be punted with a replacement brought in that will actually improve us in that area,going between two that are just as bad as the other isn't the answer.i thought we were decent earlier in the season at centre back but we look miles off it there,our distribution from the back is god awful,were all over the place when the opposition is running at through the middle.serious work is needed in the summer to improve our defence.i could rant about our midfield as well but I'll save that for another time.

Defence is indeed rotten .

I don’t believe Mugabi is the answer in any position . An honest man mountain but he lacks finesse , a bull in a China shop. 

Carrol , mcginely , grimmie  aren’t good enough .

S’OD - is good enough but we’d need to play a back 3 + 2 wing backs to make it work .

ojala has lost his way . 
Solholm - is ok . I’d be ok to keep him .

we brought  bite bold in Jan - what a waste of money . 

I’d rather bring back young Johnstone and Oconner from loan and see if they’re ready . At least both are young and shown promise 

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

Defence is indeed rotten .

I don’t believe Mugabi is the answer in any position . An honest man mountain but he lacks finesse , a bull in a China shop. 

Carrol , mcginely , grimmie  aren’t good enough .

S’OD - is good enough but we’d need to play a back 3 + 2 wing backs to make it work .

ojala has lost his way . 
Solholm - is ok . I’d be ok to keep him .

we brought  bite bold in Jan - what a waste of money . 

I’d rather bring back young Johnstone and Oconner from loan and see if they’re ready . At least both are young and shown promise 

Defence is rank rotten,buts its only as good as what's in front of you,3 narrow. midfielders and 3 isolated forwards

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

We were poor to a man.

We pressed well for a bit, but it wasn't for anything because we were so bad on the ball. Our first touch was woeful, especially up front. Efford was the worst culprit in that regard, frequently giving the ball back to them.

To lose that second goal so easily after the restart summed us up. We may have shown spirit this season by coming back so often, but that's usually because we've handed the opposition a soft goal. Carroll seems to have a habit of turning his back to shots. Don't know if that's a normal thing. I do that, but I'm not a professional defender.

The penalty just wasn't. Embarrassing that the ref struck a pose, had a think, then realized it was his chance to even up the red card.

Tierney, shields and Cornelius should get maximum minutes for the next four games to get them ready for next season. However, I'm concerned that the latter might just be a yard to slow for the role he has.

Overall, we need to be less scared of the ball.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

We did press well for a bit and that was the problem they passed it by us and got all the space in the world

1 hour ago, Stevie73 said:

How does the boy Ojala  finish that game, he is slower than a week in the jail, Slattery sitting too deep because Ojala can’t step forward as he wouldn’t get back when we eventually lose the ball.

Defensively we were rotten today, this team needs a massive clear out, we need triers not passengers.

We have the worst 2 fullbacks in Scottish football ……… and I include the juniors in that.  Mugabi and Carroll haven’t got a clue how to play that position 

Our pressing game is half arsed,one player will go and press then get taken out the game when it's passed by him only for none of our other players to be backing them up.today was just another example that were not set up to play like a team,each area of the team are left on there todd to deal with it,the defence gets no protection from the midfield,the midfield offer no support to the front line,the wide players don't get back to help out the full backs.were just so easy to play against.

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

I can’t argue with that.

I wasn’t looking for us to beat Rangers today but when the circumstances presented themselves I did feel the worst we would get would be a draw.

However we need to face the stark fact that we very probably have the worst squad of players that’s ever been assembled at Fir Park. It’s packed full of utter dross.

Added to that we have a manager in charge of the aforesaid utter dross, whose football philosophy makes me cringe. We are bereft of football ability; we lack cohesiveness as a group; we are uncompetitive and utterly unwatchable.

We’ve only taken 9 points from a possible 42 since the turn of the year and that’s relegation form. Thankfully it won’t happen this season but it’s an absolute racing certainty that it’ll be on the cards from the start of next season.

We are also starting to lose fans with  even some diehards finding it tough to keep going.

Radical change is badly needed in our recruitment philosophy as the quality of player being brought in from lower and non-league English and Irish football has been abysmal for some time now. 

It’s time for the chairman and board to wake up smartly and smell the shite.

Really ? the minute we went down to 10 men I said to my mate we'd lose and make a cunt of it. They never fail to live down to my expectations. Woolery should have been on the minute Rangers went down to 10 men. Ojala should have been hooked earlier and move Mugabi to centre of defence. We were getting tickets to go to Tannadice, that pile of shite today has put paid to that.  I would not spend £50 on an away game we will no doubt make a cunt of and give TW his second goal of the season.

I’m starting to move over to the theory that Alexander is not the man I’m afraid. I just don’t see any improvement, in fact we’re just going backwards. His signings on the whole are just not performing, we have the worst defence we’ve had in my time watching the club, midfield not much better. I can’t even say the football is entertaining because it’s not. We just look a complete shambles in truth.  I can’t actually think of any positives at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I’m starting to move over to the theory that Alexander is not the man I’m afraid. I just don’t see any improvement, in fact we’re just going backwards. His signings on the whole are just not performing, we have the worst defence we’ve had in my time watching the club, midfield not much better. I can’t even say the football is entertaining because it’s not. We just look a complete shambles in truth.  I can’t actually think of any positives at the moment.

He a pub league manager managing a pub team.

12 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I’m with you Yorky and have been for a while .

what I can’t get past though is we are top 6. I can’t see us parting ways with any mgr who brings in top 6,

Just now, wellsince75 said:

what I can’t get past though is we are top 6. I can’t see us parting ways with any mgr who brings in top 6,

Alexander isn't the man for me but we won't be getting rid off him after getting into the top 6 but if there isn't any serious improvements to the squad over the summer and we continue this bad run of form into next season then we will have to sack him pretty quickly.i don't like the idea of him bringing in a number of new faces over the summer and us playing the same way that we are the now for us only to sack him if it's needed but I just don't see it happening before then.

23 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

At last your watching the game wae yer eyes open at last 

20 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

You’re right about that unfortunately but finishing top six only papers over the cracks. The fact that we have won one single league match this calendar year and got into the top six is more a reflection on how poor the league is rather than any achievement from us. 

And as things stand with both Hibs and Livingston winning we now have less points than both of them despite being 6th.

Watched the early stages and we looked like rabbits caught in headlights. Defended far too deeply and left wings exposed. It was no surprise that Sevco opened the scoring. 

In truth we we were beaten at 1145. Playing Goss and Tierney in the same team was a big mistake. Why no Woolery?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

And as things stand with both Hibs and Livingston winning we now have less points than both of them despite being 6th.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's now two separate leagues, we're the worst team in ours and they're the best teams in theirs. You'd expect their record over the last few games to be better than ours.

• Like 1