Motherwell v Rangers 24/4/22

Spiderpig

Can someone tell me why we signed Shaw on loan, I would have thought he was tempted to come to us to get playing football, I know he has had a few substitute appearances but he certainly has never got his chance as far as I can see. The big French guy Victor as well, does GA think he is one for the future as he certainly doesn’t rate him at the moment! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Watched the early stages and we looked like rabbits caught in headlights. Defended far too deeply and left wings exposed. It was no surprise that Sevco opened the scoring. 

In truth we we were beaten at 1145. Playing Goss and Tierney in the same team was a big mistake. Why no Woolery?

at worst Woolery should have come on the minute Rangers went down to 10 men. Game was screaming out for us to have some width and pace. GA will be sacked in October.

2 minutes ago, I'll*no*be*back said:

at worst Woolery should have come on the minute Rangers went down to 10 men. Game was screaming out for us to have some width and pace. GA will be sacked in October.

Woolery should have started,his best moments this season have came against rangers.his pace would have atleast caused barisic some problems,I've no idea why we went with shields and efford,far to powderpuff for a game like today.

17 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Can someone tell me why we signed Shaw on loan, I would have thought he was tempted to come to us to get playing football, I know he has had a few substitute appearances but he certainly has never got his chance as far as I can see. The big French guy Victor as well, does GA think he is one for the future as he certainly doesn’t rate him at the moment! 

Victor is 31 so definitely not one for the future,he seems to be one of they pointless signings that we make every so often.he really can't be that good in the first place if he can't get near out team considering how bad we are.total waste of a wage from the looks of it.

There are lots of things that need to be improved but are people really drawing conclusions on the manager from a match against a Rangers team that's in a Euro semi final and has lost one league match in two seasons against any domestic opponent other than Celtic?

Rangers are streets ahead of us in every position.

We did well to compete in the first half but our flaws were there to be exploited in the 2nd half.

These remaining games are about giving some fringe players a chance and building towards next season.  Everyone KNOWS a win is going to be hard to come by.

Alexander is not going to be sacked after 8th and 6th finishes.  Just give it a rest.

And while you are giving it a rest why don't you just think about recent managerial sackings in Scotland - Were they on reflection justified?  Did they work out?  Did the 'fans' get it wrong?

The answers are mostly obvious.  

58 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

That interview shows he hasn't a fucking clue. The old line "we need to learn from our mistakes". Neither wonder Keith Lasley bailed. The fact he bailed to an outfit like St Midden tells you what a shambles Motherwell FC is. They couldn't pay me to watch that shite and my front door is 2 minutes from Fir Park.

Is Efford only signed until end of season as he is absolutely rotten, he has zero plus points to his game. Meant to have electric pace which we never see, Justin Amaluzor came on and instantly put us down to ten men, the funny thing is wee freed Seedorf and replaced him with Amaluzor who is even worse,  our recruitment this season has been embarrassing, dreading next season as don’t think the manager has ability to turn this around.

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

Defence is indeed rotten .

I don’t believe Mugabi is the answer in any position . An honest man mountain but he lacks finesse , a bull in a China shop. 

Carrol , mcginely , grimmie  aren’t good enough .

S’OD - is good enough but we’d need to play a back 3 + 2 wing backs to make it work .

ojala has lost his way . 
Solholm - is ok . I’d be ok to keep him .

we brought  bite bold in Jan - what a waste of money . 

I’d rather bring back young Johnstone and Oconner from loan and see if they’re ready . At least both are young and shown promise 

Defence is rank rotten,buts its only as good as what's in front of you,3 narrow. midfielders and 3 isolated forwards

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

There are lots of things that need to be improved but are people really drawing conclusions on the manager from a match against a Rangers team that's in a Euro semi final and has lost one league match in two seasons against any domestic opponent other than Celtic?

Rangers are streets ahead of us in every position.

We did well to compete in the first half but our flaws were there to be exploited in the 2nd half.

These remaining games are about giving some fringe players a chance and building towards next season.  Everyone KNOWS a win is going to be hard to come by.

Alexander is not going to be sacked after 7th and 6th finishes.  Just give it a rest.

And while you are giving it a rest why don't you just think about recent managerial sackings in Scotland - Were they on reflection justified?  Did they work out?  Did the 'fans' get it wrong?

The answers are mostly obvious.  

The answers are obvious but the manager seems to be clueless in solving them.im definitely not basing anything on today though it highlights once again just how poorly we are managed by alexander,he's tactically inept with not even as much as a hint in style of play.

1 minute ago, mfc said:

The answers are obvious but the manager seems to be clueless in solving them.im definitely not basing anything on today though it highlights once again just how poorly we are managed by alexander,he's tactically inept with not even as much as a hint in style of play.

If we were tactically inept it wouldn't have been 1-1 at half time and we wouldn't have two draws at Ibrox this season against a vastly superior Rangers team.

People need to stop talking rubbish.

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

If we were tactically inept it wouldn't have been 1-1 at half time and we wouldn't have two draws at Ibrox this season against a vastly superior Rangers team.

So everyone's wrong except you. Let's us know your opinion on Alexander etc instead of shouting down other people's views. That's if you even have an opinion.

8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

People need to stop talking rubbish

Alexander is tactically inept there's nothing rubbish about that,trying to say otherwise cause we have drawn with rangers twice is nonsense,the run of form we have been on since january suggest it rather than the two draws you mention.

12 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Have you been to many games this season, our tactics are basically give up majority of the park and possession, hope for the best we can break or score from set piece, you can’t defend this season, ok we made top six but it has been painful to watch.

2 minutes ago, ppower said:

So everyone's wrong except you. Let's us know your opinion on Alexander etc instead of shouting down other people's views. That's if you even have an opinion.

42 posts and you are coming out with this garbage?

My opinions about Alexander are all over the forum.  They were all over the forum before you even turned up.

5 minutes ago, mfc said:

Alexander is tactically inept there's nothing rubbish about that,trying to say otherwise cause we have drawn with rangers twice is nonsense,the run of form we have been on since january suggest it rather than the two draws you mention.

Tactically inept and he got this squad of players into the top 6?

Righto.

And we might be on a poor run but we have never lost more than two matches in a row.  That should show people that, while not very good, we are at least competitive in the league.

I can't see anything that suggests Alexander will improve our style of play, or alter his tactics in the long term. He got us into the top 6, despite this horrendous run of results, so they won't sack him for now. Fair enough. But if things don't improve in the last 4 games, he shouldn't be afforded very long next season.

43 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Cmon ya bezzer you know as well as me and others we got very lucky at both games at ibrox.  I have been giving Alexander benefit of doubt but after today I'm now wanting him away.

A decent manager would have changed at half time to really go and beat 10 men but we let them pass about at back to then hit wright and sakala to run at us and over top.

I am really pissed of at today as another poster said that was our time but we shat it.

How woolery doesn't start mystery as even though he loses ball he makes another of their players come over to cover barasic which should mean space elsewhere.

Missed van veen big time today plus I felt ohara should have started. 

I'm fully aware they are miles better than us but lack of fight ambition and basic football skills against their 10 men has again got me scumnered and I want Alexander replaced now.

Who with some will ask?  Stephen Craigan.

We have got lucky where we are and I will be at dundee next week but ...........

Who stood and watched (yet again) Mugabi prove that he has never been and never will be a right back? Hibs in the cup should have seen the end of that nonsense. Sakala ripped him to shreds today. Centre Back or nothing.

Who stood and watched (yet again)  Efford prove he should have been left playing lower division football in Belgium? Woolery must be woeful in training if he is behind him in the first team queue. Lots of effort but nothing else.

Who stood and watched  (yet again) Ojala prove that he could not catch a one legged blind man? Embarrassing seeing him floundering as Kelly saved his bacon yet again following a long hopeful punt forward from the opposition. sadly injury appears to have taken its toll.

Who stood and watched (yet again) Goss put in another Imposter of the Year application? Has he any idea what a forward pass is or that he is meant to challenge the opposition for the ball? He did make two decent passes up in Aberdeen though. Two a season must be rated a good return.

Who set the team up to play narrow (yet again) with a lightweight midfield (yet again). See almost any game you like this season.

Who did nothing about the shambles we were watching for over an hour (yet again) until the game was over? In fairness he got out of jail at Livi.  Not so lucky at Perth or Dingwall though.

I think we all know the answer to those questions. Yes, teams go through bad spells and luck plays a part. But Alexander has done nothing to address issues we can all identify every week and in fact he seems to delight in trying to prove his point over and over again. He is hanging many players out to dry.........Played out of position or out of their depth. One League win in almost 5 months and he is bleating that he is not getting enough credit for finishing top six. He should be thankful he is still in a job because in truth, from the position we were in,4th position is the least we should have achieved. Teams quickly caught on to his one dimensional approach and he is either unable or unwilling to adapt.

Now he is about to bring in more of his similar minded team of coaches I fear for what we will be presented with next season. Enough is enough. Football is not enjoyable any more. Time for Alexander to move on and let someone else try to repair the damage.

• Like 6

Right my turn (with no jokes for once),  GA has his admirers and I respect that, its all about opinions and us all giving our views.

But top 6 or not he has to go. Today it was 12 v 10 (we had 11 plus milk cart ojala was towing) and still got hee haw.  Gers had players missing but so did we, including our main striker whose cheap bookings came back to bite us (sorry...forgot you are not allowed to criticise KVV).  Our defence is honking and Carroll costs us a goal every game (Scott Wright with all time in the world), and yes...I acknowledge Carroll put 8n great cross for equaliser.

GA is clueless with selections, tactics,  hoofball,  and a demeanour which makes him difficult to listen to or respect.

'But grizzly..we are top 6 and that was his remit' is what I hear people say but sorry his signings record is not good enough and in this current climate with money tight I genuinely feel a lot won't renew season tickets to watch that dross, I include me which having been fan since 1977 I find difficult to say.

Hey, this is just my view which I am entitled to same as everyone else.  You don't need to agree with me but just respect it same as I do with the other posts.

Ps. COYW

23 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Cmon ya bezzer you know as well as me and others we got very lucky at both games at ibrox.  I have been giving Alexander benefit of doubt but after today I'm now wanting him away.

A decent manager would have changed at half time to really go and beat 10 men but we let them pass about at back to then hit wright and sakala to run at us and over top.

We were fine first half.

Second half we lost a poor goal 2 minutes in and then Rangers put everyone behind the ball and hit us on the break.

Since we have virtually no technical ability in the team that was pretty much a death sentence for us.

In fact today is almost a validation of Alexander's tactics over the season.  When we are on  the ball we are hopeless.  I know that.  Alexander knows that.  A lot of our fans haven't caught on to that yet cos they operate on mollusc level logic.  

Nothing changes until we have players that can put a foot on the ball and defensively organise themselves.  Given the limitations of the squad Alexander has done a reasonable job.  I don't think he's a great manager, but I think he's done enough to get the opportunity to improve the side over the close season.

Alexander has guided us away from looking like relegation certainties to Top 6 - is that worthy of the level of abuse he gets?  Not for me.  As for it being rubbish to watch, of course it is, it's Scottish football.  Scottish football is utter garbage.

21 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Nothing changes until we have players that can put a foot on the ball and defensively organise themselves.  Given the limitations of the squad Alexander has done a reasonable job.  I don't think he's a great manager, but I think he's done enough to get the opportunity to improve the side over the close season.

It was him that brought in all five forwards who played today plus he signed Goss and Slattery so that's 5 out of 6 in  midfield and attack who are his players.

It's easy come, easy go for managers these days. Look at Robinson, he's been sacked 3 times in five years and will probably get sacked again before the end of the season and he will have made a fortune out of it. There's probably more money in bouncing around than being at one club long term.

4 hours ago, El Grew said:

We are also starting to lose fans with  even some diehards finding it tough to keep going.

Sadly true and you can include me in that. 

Combination of moving a good 30 miles away and utter dross being served up most seasons. I feel there is zero ambition within the club as a whole these days and it's just accepted the majority of fans.

• Like 2