Motherwell v Rangers 24/4/22

Spiderpig

4 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

It wasn’t a penalty and these are the type of decisions which we need VAR to be able to correct.

However it had no effect on the result as we were done as soon as they went 2-1 up.

I am all in favour of VAR for correcting decisions like that but given the standard of refereeing we have in Scotland I have concerns that they will not be,  especially in decisions against the uglies, the 2nd half of next season will be an interesting watch.

2 hours ago, Pepper said:

I thought one of the angles showed Bevis catching the player then hooking his leg around him to win the ball. VAR would have upheld the decision IMO.

That’s my view on it, it was a pen on what I observed. Var would not have overturned that.

Far too much inexperience - at this level - in our squad. Only a couple players have decent SPFL-level experience. The rest are just finding their feet, even guys like Slattery. This has been a step-up for many of them and there has been little to no experienced heads to bring them through it.

Also, where is the leadership? I don't see any leaders in the squad who can take the bull by the horns and either lead by example or gee up the rest of the players around them

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 11:24 AM, Pepper said:

I thought one of the angles showed Bevis catching the player then hooking his leg around him to win the ball. VAR would have upheld the decision IMO.

thats my thoughts , slightly clipped player first,  but then did well to win ball, it really coukdve gone either way, don't think anyone could've complained if they didn't get it either but after he had sent a man off, he would've wanted to balance things.

Wasn't overly bothered as we didn't deserve anything from game.

21 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Slightly off topic due to the fact that the game is over and we move on, but a friend who sits in the Phil Oddonnell stand was astonished to see Boyle sitting in the Directors box on Saturday. Why do we as a fan based club, free from the protestations of this  total fake, allow him the privilege of not only being a guest, but upgrading him to the directors  box. Motherwell fc was a toy to him and a way of diversifying tax outlay, once that particular itch was over, he dropped us for dead, but unlike some of the players made sure we paid him the monies due. An absolute disgrace that he is allowed even back into the ground, never mind the Directors box. 

its in the dim and distant past , so I may be wrong

( tin hat on )but did he not write off a good bit of the money owed to him ?