Dundee United v Motherwell 30/04/22

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Why ridicule someone elses opinion though?

You could just point out it is wrong. Explain why it is wrong and maybe we would all have learned something?

There are those to be ridiculed and debate to be had for those with validity in their posts so reply as such. 

For the umpteenth time, pointing out why they are wrong isn’t an option in many cases on here to protect where information can be got. It’s not in-the-know, don’t think there is anymore information than others, just better.

Win the midfield battle - win the game

Kels

Bev.              Sol.         Rikki

Sod?           Deano.           Slatts.              Jake

Woolery.                 Tierney

Shields

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

Kels

Shields

brilliant shape for the team.  Several could be swapped but I think that shape would suit the players we have. 

6 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

brilliant shape for the team.  Several could be swapped but I think that shape would suit the players we have. 

I agree the shape of that team is ok but we need to bite the bullet and have van veen up front. As much as he frustrates, when he’s not there I just do not see any spark or matchwinner in that team. We have nobody that can change a game. Not one player. Watt could do it and van veen can…. When he’s in the right frame of mind.

id rather see him play in the hope he can add a spark rather than shields who I cannot see as a player, he can charge about but if you look at the times he can’t hold the ball up and loses possession it’s just not acceptable.

1 hour ago, mio said:

I agree the shape of that team is ok but we need to bite the bullet and have van veen up front. As much as he frustrates, when he’s not there I just do not see any spark or matchwinner in that team. We have nobody that can change a game. Not one player. Watt could do it and van veen can…. When he’s in the right frame of mind.

id rather see him play in the hope he can add a spark rather than shields who I cannot see as a player, he can charge about but if you look at the times he can’t hold the ball up and loses possession it’s just not acceptable.

Am I stating the obvious when I say he is suspended for this one?

3 hours ago, wellup83 said:

Kels

Shields

Are you looking for a job in management at all? 

8 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

There are those to be ridiculed and debate to be had for those with validity in their posts so reply as such. 

You do come across as a bit of an arse in your replies. I mean, it's a football forum. If this isn't the place for wild opinions then I don't know where is. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, wellup83 said:

Kels

Shields

While i agree with the principle, the reality is that we havent bothered using the midfield in 2022. They can set up for battle as much as they want but they end up just watching big punts over their heads

23 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

For the umpteenth time, pointing out why they are wrong isn’t an option in many cases on here to protect where information can be got. It’s not in-the-know, don’t think there is anymore information than others, just better.

I totally understand that debating openly on here could reveal a source and respect that it should be avoided.  However, in many cases, those that who may deemed by you to be worthy of ridicule may have no idea there is no validity in their posts. Merely suggesting a more constructive approach might enlighten them. But then  Im a bit of a happy clapper, so maybe Im just being too optomistic on that front.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big Stall said:

While i agree with the principle, the reality is that we havent bothered using the midfield in 2022. They can set up for battle as much as they want but they end up just watching big punts over their heads

I quite understand that our midfield is largely playing to the manager's instructions. While in possession its ok to bypass the midfield, if thats our choice; but  its very different if the opposition choose to play through the midfield.  I'm no tactician but does our midfield then not sit too deep when under attack? Obviously you don't want a gap between the midfield and  central defence.  It may also be of course that the central defence sits too deep.

55 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I totally understand that debating openly on here could reveal a source and respect that it should be avoided.  However, in many cases, those that who may deemed by you to be worthy of ridicule may have no idea there is no validity in their posts. Merely suggesting a more constructive approach might enlighten them. But then  Im a bit of a happy clapper, so maybe Im just being too optomistic on that front.

Suggest away. There are those who want to know and those who want to believe.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Suggest away. There are those who want to know and those who want to believe.

I believe if I am better informed there may be more validity to my posts, rendering me less open to ridicule! :P

I doubt it will make any difference which 11 is picked to play because our league record at Tannadice is pretty poor to say the least:-

P94; W18; L42; D34; GF95; GA158

Our last win there was in February 2016 and better Motherwell sides than the current one have struggled up there so I don’t see this being improved upon.  Hope they prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

I doubt it will make any difference which 11 is picked to play because our league record at Tannadice is pretty poor to say the least:-

P94; W18; L42; D34; GF95; GA158

Our last win there was in February 2016 and better Motherwell sides than the current one have struggled up there so I don’t see this being improved upon.  Hope they prove me wrong.

Yes, our record up there is poor. I've seen a good few decent Well sides go there, play a poor United side off the park and end up losing. It's not a ground at which you get many penalties either. Let's change all that today.

30 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes, our record up there is poor. I've seen a good few decent Well sides go there, play a poor United side off the park and end up losing. It's not a ground at which you get many penalties either. Let's change all that today.

Yes, I vividly recall one game in March 2004 when we played them off the park and missed a barrow load of chances. They were never in the game as an attacking force. Then late in the game, they brought Jason Scotland on as a sub and he scored within minutes of coming on. We lost 1-0 and I remember coming out with my mates and wondering how we’d lost having dominated for most of the game.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:16 AM, Onthefringes said:

Wasn’t Maths or English taught at our school, it was survival. That shapes you.

OTF  you mustv been in ma class                 and at ma school of survival of the fittest       we are survivers a wee bit of banter on a forum doesnt even scrstch oor skins :cheers:

• Haha 3