Ross County v Motherwell 07/05/2022

SteelmaninOZ

On 5/4/2022 at 1:29 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

Leaving the Watt debate aside, I really hope that GA does something to combat the threats of Hungbo and Charles-Cooke from the wide areas 

They have been a real pain in the arse and caused us all sorts of problems in our previous games this season. I think if we can negate them, you limit Ross Countys ability to hurt us.

Of course, you have to marry that with a plan to allow us to retain a goal threat of our own and there in lies the problem. However, if we line up in our regular shape with Woolery and/or Efford in wide areas in a 4-3-3, we will just expose our full backs to another roasting. I guess a lot will depend on who is fit and able to play right back. But this is certainly not a game for punting big Bevis out there.  Id be tempted to go with something like.......

Kelly

SOD/OHara   Mugabi  Lamie Carroll

OHara/ Cornelius Donnelly Slattery Goss

Tierney

KVV

If SOD is fit then take your pick from Cornelius/Donnelly/OHara for the midfield spot.

GA with a game plan..? :huh:....:lol::lol::lol:

39 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

The gaffer says 

He made a lot of sense when talking about the long term direction of the club and the fact that over the last 20-30 years we have had many periods where results were poor and we need to keep progressing.

Good to see him being open, critical of himself for things he's got wrong and equally deserves credit from where we were last January. 

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

He made a lot of sense when talking about the long term direction of the club and the fact that over the last 20-30 years we have had many periods where results were poor and we need to keep progressing.

Good to see him being open, critical of himself for things he's got wrong and equally deserves credit from where we were last January. 

agree, seemed a bit more open....just hope there's not too many missing tomorrow,  need all the main players if poss

This kinda feels like this seasons Cup Final.  Certainly can't lose if we want European football.

One of our biggest problems this season is the away form which is abysmal.  Not won away since November, 11 matches I think.

However these things have to change eventually.  Hopefully who ever is out there today is up for the game and gives their best.

And it would be nice if we got some of the good luck Ross County had at our place last time....

49 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Wee fact I noticed, Ross County have only scored once in open play in the last 7 matches.  They have had 3 penalties in that time though.  

Dare we dream of keeping a clean sheet?  Or not conceding a penalty! :lol:

Take away the dodgy non penalty they got at Fir park and we would probably have had the Euro place sorted by now.

That lineup certainly doesn’t inspire confidence of a good performance and a positive result. Whatever happens with regards to European qualification, this season cannot end quickly enough. Totally flat and demoralising every single week.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Wee fact I noticed, Ross County have only scored once in open play in the last 7 matches.  They have had 3 penalties in that time though.  

Dare we dream of keeping a clean sheet?  Or not conceding a penalty! :lol:

You’re right! A dream

I assume the team selection driven by illness. So perhaps the hope is we can still be in the game at half time or 60 mins and then maybe risk Slattery, KVV and Woolery to try and snatch a win?  Then of course, we need them all to recover by Wednesday.  Not looking so good. 

dammit. Just noticed Woolery not even on bench 

Think the managers hands have been tied this week with illness and injury.  Can only hope the players can dig a performance out of somewhere. Cant help thinking its a good day to be at work!