Motherwell v Hearts 11/05/2022

SteelmaninOZ

It's like a cup final for us and we need to treat it like one.

Forget about the last 4 months and all the negativity for one night, we are one game away from a possible European spot and everything that brings to the club in terms of kudos,finance and attracting better players.

We can argue about Alexander on the Thursday morning.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Part one, done today.

Part two, wins for us & the uglies on Wednesday.

Part three, a win for Ross County on Saturday & who gives a toss for us.

If I was being extra picky I'd have County finishing 5th on goal difference so if they lose to Rangers by less than Celtic beat United it would be even better.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 8:51 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

Our home record v Hearts is pretty decent. Lets get right in about them and guarantee that European spot with 3 points. 

Overall League Record V Hearts
P136; W54; D24; L58

I really, really love it when we beat them - I still haven’t gotten over that Texaco Cup game.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

If I was being extra picky I'd have County finishing 5th on goal difference so if they lose to Rangers by less than Celtic beat United it would be even better.

Ah, that would be hilarious. I won’t be going to or watching our Celtic game under any circumstances… but if we beat Hearts to create the scenario of Ross County needing a win against United to put them into 6th… it would make that match unmissable!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Grew said:

Overall League Record V Hearts
P136; W54; D24; L58

I really, really love it when we beat them - I still haven’t gotten over that Texaco Cup game.

I love beating that lot more than anyone else. I remember that game, too, and having bottles of p**h flung at me and my mates as we made our way to Tynecastle in December for the first leg of the semi-final. Ironically, about 20 years later I was offered a seat on the bus run by the Borders branch of their supporters' club for matches at Fir Park when I lived down there......I graciously refused the offer.

• Haha 1

Hearts have secured 3rd spot and have nothing left to play for in the league. So hopefully they will thinking about the cup final and let us get on with taking the 3 points.

(Zero chance of that happening)

45 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Hearts have secured 3rd spot and have nothing left to play for in the league. So hopefully they will thinking about the cup final and let us get on with taking the 3 points.

(Zero chance of that happening)

If they didn’t have people fighting for a place in the final I’d feel a lot more optimistic .

hope we get stuck in and find a way to pull out the 3 points 

11 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

If they didn’t have people fighting for a place in the final I’d feel a lot more optimistic .

The other side to that argument is how we performed in our last few games of the season when McCall tried that approach before our cup final.

Despite all the recent whining, moaning and complaining about lack of “silky soccer”, I really don’t think anyone gives a toss how we play in this game as long as we win. COYW!!!

I hope we get a good crowd there to loudly get behind the team and cheer them on. I’ll be home in August for a few weeks and I want to see a European game. Never seen them play in European competition. Closest was the Texaco Cup. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Despite all the recent whining, moaning and complaining about lack of “silky soccer”, I really don’t think anyone gives a toss how we play in this game as long as we win. COYW!!!

I hope we get a good crowd there to loudly get behind the team and cheer them on. I’ll be home in August for a few weeks and I want to see a European game. Never seen them play in European competition. Closest was the Texaco Cup. 

Fingers crossed pal and hopefully you get to see us play a European tie.  Ps.  Can you bring over some Texan Bars? Used to love them as a child.  Anyone under age of 35 will have no idea what I am gibbering on about!! Lol...COYW

28 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Fingers crossed pal and hopefully you get to see us play a European tie.  Ps.  Can you bring over some Texan Bars? Used to love them as a child.  Anyone under age of 35 will have no idea what I am gibbering on about!! Lol...COYW

the doughnut centres are even better                                   and thats a fact        munched my way through a few when i was in texas      austin doughnuts     yum yum in yir tum / bum 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

Hearts played a strong team on Saturday so I can see them resting players on Wednesday then giving everyone a run out at home on Saturday against a weakened Rangers.

I see it the opposite way around, the game tomorrow will be their players last chance to claim a place in the final as the last game on Saturday against Rangers will be one that both managers will play weakened teams so as not to give the other a look at set up/tactics for the final. 

going to be a difficult game for us but hopefully their players will look to avoid injuries that could rule them out of the final.