Motherwell v Hearts 11/05/2022

SteelmaninOZ

11 hours ago, weeyin said:

Hearts have secured 3rd spot and have nothing left to play for in the league. So hopefully they will thinking about the cup final and let us get on with taking the 3 points.

(Zero chance of that happening)

If our players take that on board, then we are in trouble, we need to be totally focused for the game and not thinking of any weaknesses in Hearts team because they have secured 3rd spot.

8 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Fingers crossed pal and hopefully you get to see us play a European tie.  Ps.  Can you bring over some Texan Bars? Used to love them as a child.  Anyone under age of 35 will have no idea what I am gibbering on about!! Lol...COYW

Looks like they don’t make them anymore 

• Sad 1

A win for us tomorrow night and I think we have a really good chance for 4th.

You would expect both the Old Firm to win tomorrow so that would (if we win) leave us on 46:

Motherwell  - 46

Dundee Utd - 44

Ross County 41 

Then depending on goal difference its a straight fight between Dundee Utd and Ross County up in the highlands. Good chance RC could win that or its ends a draw.

We will get humped by Celtic and still finish 4th.

Just got to beat the Jam Tarts, which will not be easy, but I think we can do it and if Van Veen is fit we have to believe we can.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, johnstone said:

You would expect both the Old Firm to win tomorrow so that would (if we win) leave us on 46:

Motherwell  - 46

Dundee Utd - 44

Ross County 41 

Then depending on goal difference its a straight fight between Dundee Utd and Ross County up in the highlands. Good chance RC could win that or its ends a draw.

Just got to beat the Jam Tarts, which will not be easy, but I think we can do it and if Van Veen is fit we have to believe we can.

Sounds good to me!

20 hours ago, johnstone said:

Motherwell  - 46

Dundee Utd - 44

Ross County 41 

Win tonight and we guarantee European football, as long as County and United dont take anything from the uglies. Also Keith Lasleys last home game before he departs. Lets get the old place rocking tonight and give a club legend the send off he deserves!

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Win tonight and we guarantee European football, as long as County and United dont take anything from the uglies. Also Keith Lasleys last home game before he departs. Lets get the old place rocking tonight and give a club legend the send off he deserves!

Yes he does the house wife’s favourite 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

For one night only I will happily accept a hoofball and honking performance as long as I am celebrating a well victory,  let's do this.........COYW

Agreed.

How we win tonight is not important.

Just win.

• Like 1

That's not quite the line up I was hoping to see but giving the bug doing the rounds in the squad,i can't be critical.no van veen is a huge blow,I just hope shields or efford can put in a match winning performance.

On the plus side Hearts appear to be resting a few players as they have no Gordon, McKay, Souttar or Simms in their starting line up. 

If there is going to be a winner in this one it’ll be by a single goal, hopefully we can nick it.

16 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

No KvV, not even on the bench!

I take it he’s injured??

Aye, it sounded like he shouldn't have been anywhere near the first team squad on Saturday due to his illness, so I guess he just hasn't been able to recover.

Hopefully the fit players will be able to take advantage of his good work from the County game.