Europa Conference League

Stuwell2

Thankfully we made it but now we’re there so here are the dates for Q2 , Q3

Q2 - July 21st & July 28th

Q3 - Aug 4th & 11th

I believe the final qualifying games are the 18th & 25th Aug.

Going in at either stage will be tough as it could be difficult to get players signed up in time as some may want to wait for other options but Q3 gives us more time and should give GA a better chance to have a bit of a pre season. 

30 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Excellent stuff.

Did I hear Lewis Irons correctly, saying this’ll be our 8th European season in the last 14??

What is weird about that is that is does not feel that way to me anyway.

Missing out on last campaign due to Covid probably does not help. 

I have been to 7 away Euro games but my last away game was Panathinaikos. That was in 2012. 10 bloody years ago. Seems like ages because it is !

Hopefully we get a favourable draw in terms of travel. 

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It looks we'll be seeded in Q2 if we finish 5th.  

Hopefully the pitch is finished, no one wants to go to Airdrie again.

Any ideas how long it will take to finish the pitch? it must surely be touch and go for the european game giving how much work is getting done,like you say fuck having to go to airdrie again.

5 hours ago, mfc said:

Any ideas how long it will take to finish the pitch? it must surely be touch and go for the european game giving how much work is getting done,like you say fuck having to go to airdrie again.

Happy to go back to Airdrie if we win 8-1.

7 hours ago, mfc said:

I don't see how it would be any different to playing in the League Cup group stage. Aren't those games round about the same time?

9 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

What is weird about that is that is does not feel that way to me anyway.

Missing out on last campaign due to Covid probably does not help. 

I have been to 7 away Euro games but my last away game was Panathinaikos. That was in 2012. 10 bloody years ago. Seems like ages because it is !

Hopefully we get a favourable draw in terms of travel. 

The Euro draws in the qualifying rounds are all  regionalised these days so it could be a Welsh or Irish team we get so no travel hassles there. 

If I could cherry pick right now I would take St Patrick’s Athletic. A trip over to Dublin would be immense. 

Capacity of 5400 with ave attendance of 2000. We could hope for 1-2000 tickets.

If it was say a Bala Town or Crusaders then capacity would be an issue. I think both are sub 3000. Of course neither of those teams may win thru to QR2. 

7 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

If it was say a Bala Town or Crusaders then capacity would be an issue. I think both are sub 3000. Of course neither of those teams may win thru to QR2. 

I heard the club isn't selling tickets to fans who said they didn't want us to qualify for Europe or who said they'd rather watch us play in the Betfred Groups*

So there will be plenty to go around.

*why are you looking down here? Do you really need me to say that's not true?

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

There are plenty of Irish themed teams in Lanarkshire and Glasgow if that's your thing. Hopefully we actually need our passports. 

QR2 is I believe regionalised. So I want an easy non expensive trip and eminently winnable tie.

I would prefer Wales / Ireland etc to Iceland or Faroes.  Been to Iceland already and Faroes is a bit meh.

Save money for QR3 where we can hope for Basel, Slavia Prague assuming we are not seeded. 

From what I’ve seen - so may not be 100% correct - being seeded in Q2 means we don’t get drawn against any other team joining at the same time so we will get a team from Q1. The draw also decides who home first leg but could be reversed if the game clashes with another from the same city being the same day. 

If we get through then at Q3 & the play off round we would get seeded teams that have just came into the competition but not one from Scotland. As previous round a draw decides who’s home first leg. 

The draw dates are  

Q2 -15th June where we will find out which 2 teams in Q1 we could meet (Q1 games played 7th & 14th July) 

Q2 game dates 21st & 28th July  

Q3 - 18th July where we will find out who we would meet if we qualify.

Q3 games dates are 4th & 11 Aug

Play off draw - 1st Aug