Europa Conference League

Stuwell2

9 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

From what I’ve seen - so may not be 100% correct - being seeded in Q2 means we don’t get drawn against any other team joining at the same time so we will get a team from Q1. The draw also decides who home first leg but could be reversed if the game clashes with another from the same city being the same day. 

If we get through then at Q3 & the play off round we would get seeded teams that have just came into the competition but not one from Scotland. As previous round a draw decides who’s home first leg. 

The draw dates are  

Q2 -15th June where we will find out which 2 teams in Q1 we could meet (Q1 games played 7th & 14th July) 

Q2 game dates 21st & 28th July  

Q3 - 18th July where we will find out who we would meet if we qualify.

Q3 games dates are 4th & 11 Aug

Play off draw - 1st Aug  

So going into Q3 game you would know your likely opponent for play off round? 

11 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

From what I’ve seen - so may not be 100% correct - being seeded in Q2 means we don’t get drawn against any other team joining at the same time so we will get a team from Q1. 

I don’t have better info… but I don’t think that can be true because of the numbers… are there not a lot more teams already known that enter at Q2, versus the number of either / ors that will come in from Q1?

4 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

So going into Q3 game you would know your likely opponent for play off round? 

We should know which 2 teams it could be - unless we get one of the teams that join at this stage ie who finishes 7th in the English PL. 

4 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

We should know which 2 teams it could be - unless we get one of the teams that join at this stage ie who finishes 7th in the English PL. 

So if we make Q3 and are really lucky, although we would be unseeded  we could end up with another non seed if they knock out their seeded opponent in Q2. At this rate they should just give us a bye into the final qualifying stage and be done with it.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

QR2 is I believe regionalised. So I want an easy non expensive trip and eminently winnable tie.

I would prefer Wales / Ireland etc to Iceland or Faroes.  Been to Iceland already and Faroes is a bit meh.

Save money for QR3 where we can hope for Basel, Slavia Prague assuming we are not seeded. 

I suppose it depends on the options, I was hoping for Slovenia but that's probably not possible. 

I think we might struggle against a League of Ireland team, they usually do well in the qualifiers. 

6 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

I don’t have better info… but I don’t think that can be true because of the numbers… are there not a lot more teams already known that enter at Q2, versus the number of either / ors that will come in from Q1?

Had a look into this and it appears in Q2 there are 90 teams

3 teams who drop in from CL preliminary qualifying round and 15 teams who drop in from CL first qualifying round - this is known as the champions path.

From what is called the main path 41 teams - including us - who enter at this stage from either their countries league position or cup/play off winners.

A further 31 teams who have qualified from Q1. 

Seeding appears to be the 18 from the champions path and the top 27 teams entering at Q2 using there European coefficient. Our coefficient of 7.34 puts us in 22nd place on that list meaning we are seeded. 

Edit: of the 62 teams in Q1, from the teams known so far, only 5 have a higher coefficient than us but - if they qualify - as they come from Q1 I don’t think their coefficient is taken into account.

Not a statistical nut but managed to check this while waiting for stuff to download at work nightshift. Maybe someone more into this stuff could correct me if I’m wrong :)

10 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

Had a look into this and it appears in Q2 there are 90 teams

3 teams who drop in from CL preliminary qualifying round and 15 teams who drop in from CL first qualifying round - this is known as the champions path.

From what is called the main path 41 teams - including us - who enter at this stage from either their countries league position or cup/play off winners.

A further 31 teams who have qualified from Q1. 

Seeding appears to be the 18 from the champions path and the top 27 teams entering at Q2 using there European coefficient. Our coefficient of 7.34 puts us in 22nd place on that list meaning we are seeded. 

Edit: of the 62 teams in Q1, from the teams known so far, only 5 have a higher coefficient than us but - if they qualify - as they come from Q1 I don’t think their coefficient is taken into account.

Not a statistical nut but managed to check this while waiting for stuff to download at work nightshift. Maybe someone more into this stuff could correct me if I’m wrong :)

Isn't the champions path a whole separate thing, as in those on the champions path can only draw each other, its all part of a uefa plan to get smaller nations champions into the group stage?

Or I could be talking shite.

Anyway the kassiesa site is best place for all this stuff.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedecl2022.html

Edited by C&A not the shop
Link added

30 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Isn't the champions path a whole separate thing, as in those on the champions path can only draw each other, its all part of a uefa plan to get smaller nations champions into the group stage?

Or I could be talking shite.

Anyway the kassiesa site is best place for all this stuff.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedecl2022.html

A Check on this site for the Q2 team list states the seeding are 

unseeded < 5.420, seeded > 6.500)

Motherwells  current co-efficient is 7.38 so we will be seeded in Q2

If we get through to Q3 we won't be seeded as the coefficients are 

unseeded < 8.000, seeded > 10.500)

1 hour ago, StirlingDosser said:

Thinking about all this and possible dates,  are we going to be able to play our home tie at Fir Park with all the work ongoing? Would hate to be going to Airdie again.

I would like to think that the club took the dates of the Euro games into account when the contract for the new pitch was agreed, to ensure that the pitch was ready just in case we qualified.

10 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I would like to think that the club took the dates of the Euro games into account when the contract for the new pitch was agreed, to ensure that the pitch was ready just in case we qualified.

That might well be the case, but they couldn't start any sooner than they did and it's such a big undertaking it wouldn't be a surprise if it overran by a few days or more.

There could be a Roman village underneath that pitch.

2 hours ago, StirlingDosser said:

Thinking about all this and possible dates,  are we going to be able to play our home tie at Fir Park with all the work ongoing? Would hate to be going to Airdie again.

Flow confirmed on Twitter yesterday that it should be ready, they're aiming to get the grass sown 5-6 weeks before the first tie.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

That might well be the case, but they couldn't start any sooner than they did and it's such a big undertaking it wouldn't be a surprise if it overran by a few days or more.

There could be a Roman village underneath that pitch.

Aye could be the old biggus slopeious settlement it went downhill fast after the Romans left,  the pitch is named after it.

• Haha 1

I was looking through some of the European leagues and I noticed our old foe Nancy have been relegated to the third tier of French football.

Levante were also relegated to Liga 2.

When you consider Flamurtari have also been relegated, Kuban, Mypa and Katowice have all been liquidated, Panathinaikos are a shambles and Steaua have been splintered into two teams I think it's safe to say no one will want to draw us in the competition!

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

28 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I was looking through some of the European leagues and I noticed our old foe Nancy have been relegated to the third tier of French football.

Levante were also relegated to Liga 2.

When you consider Flamurtari have also been relegated, Kuban, Mypa and Katowice have all been liquidated, Panathinaikos are a shambles and Steaua have been splintered into two teams I think it's safe to say no one will want to draw us in the competition!

Katowice,Nancy  and Panathinikos probably the 3 best Euro away days I went to,  not caring who we get in Q2 somewhere easy to get to would be great.

On 5/23/2022 at 10:08 AM, decorator said:

Panathinikos won the greek cup on saturday :lol:

i would take winning the scottish cup for a shambles of a club

It was their first trophy in nearly 9 years.

And only one league title in nearly 20 years.

Not even finished Top 3 since 2016.

Then on top of that all the financial stuff, behind the scenes stuff, rioting, general madness etc.