Europa Conference League

Stuwell2

25 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Sligo will hump Bala won’t they?

Edit - just checked the league table, Bala are 2nd so perhaps not. 

I hope so just booked a hotel room in Sligo for the 28th July,  it's free cancellation though so I'm covered if Bala beat them

• Haha 1

Aye I’ve got a hotel sorted for Sligo with cancellation. Flights are dirt cheap to Knock Airport right now from London but maybe best to wait til after the first leg.

Doing a bit of research, Bala are playing their home game vs Sligo at Park Hall. Anyone know where that is exactly?

Edit - apparently it’s the home of TNS, which had a capacity of 1100…

Given that our u21s beat Sligo's first team a few years ago we have to be confident if we get them.

Christian Mbulu scored the winner who has obviously passed away. Barry Maguire, David Turnbull, James Scott and Jake Hastie all played that day. Liam Brown of Queen's Park also started and he should be on our radar if he does well in the Championship next season.

Kyle MacDonald has just signed with Dunfermline. Broque Watson has left Stranraer for the the Open Goal Podcast team that Simon Ferry is running in the Lowland League. Rohan Ferguson was with Larne last season. Akeal Rehman who we signed from Wolves u18 and quickly let go is the only player who seems to be out of the game. 

24 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Aye I’ve got a hotel sorted for Sligo with cancellation. Flights are dirt cheap to Knock Airport right now from London but maybe best to wait til after the first leg.

Doing a bit of research, Bala are playing their home game vs Sligo at Park Hall. Anyone know where that is exactly?

Shropshire. TNS play there. 

If we play Bala it will probably be in Wrexham. Wrexham Town have a big contingent of Celtic supporting neds for some reason so it could be a good atmosphere.

43 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Edit - apparently it’s the home of TNS, which had a capacity of 1100…

Speaking of flights looked at Ryanair from Edinburgh to knock advertised at 69 return, outbound was OK direct to knock, return leg was knock to east Midlands (15hr 30min stopover) then East Midlands back to Dublin (9 hr 30min stopover) and then  Dublin back to Edinburgh, over 25 hrs to get back home ffs, what a feckin joke of an airline :doh:

45 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Shropshire. TNS play there. 

If we play Bala it will probably be in Wrexham. Wrexham Town have a big contingent of Celtic supporting neds for some reason so it could be a good atmosphere.

I immediately booked a hotel in Wrexham so that would be handy. I now need to get my head round the options for Sligo. 

Just now, prideoflanarkshire said:

Bit harsh. 
Might be outwith our control at the moment 

It's us that's asking for it to be moved!

Going by his tweets Burrows was on a flight home from holiday when this all happened so it's probably been outwith his control but if there was an intention to ask for a swap it should have been made clear as soon as the draw was made. As it is we have the club official account saying one thing and the chief exec saying something else.

As it's likely to be cheaper to book flights Ireland today and also pay the petrol or bus to Wales than wait for the 14th of July to book flights to Ireland I think a lot of people will have done it. You also have the option of betting Bala to progress if they are longer odds to lay it off a bit.

For those complaining about Burrows' request to swap the fixture dates and how this would affect your already booked travel plans, you should've noted that UEFA stated during the draw that all ties are subject to change until tomorrow evening. It's not his fault you've all preemptively misfired your loads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

For those complaining about Burrows' request to swap the fixture dates and how this would affect your already booked travel plans, you should've noted that UEFA stated during the draw that all ties are subject to change until tomorrow evening. It's not his fault you've all preemptively misfired your loads. 

The club tweeted the dates for both legs this afternoon with no mention of potential changes.

It's hard to note what UEFA are saying about draw when your not watching it.

Anyway I don't see either opponent being up for a switch with 200k up for grabs for progressing. If Fir Park isn't ready for the first leg i'd be phoning Lasley up and trying to get St Mirren Park.

11 minutes ago, wellfan said:

That’s just ridiculous, as already stated the club tweeted the dates after the draw.

Burrows’ excuse of being on holiday is amateurish in the fucking extreme. The club could have put it out there any time in the last few weeks they might have looked into changing the dates for the draw. 

25 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The club tweeted the dates for both legs this afternoon with no mention of potential changes.

It's hard to note what UEFA are saying about draw when your not watching it.

Anyway I don't see either opponent being up for a switch with 200k up for grabs for progressing. If Fir Park isn't ready for the first leg i'd be phoning Lasley up and trying to get St Mirren Park.

15 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

That’s just ridiculous, as already stated the club tweeted the dates after the draw.

Burrows’ excuse of being on holiday is amateurish in the fucking extreme. The club could have put it out there any time in the last few weeks they might have looked into changing the dates for the draw. 

8 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

The club should have waited until the home/away dates were confirmed with UEFA (which is tomorrow at 6pm), before posting dates. Mistake? Yes. Shambles? Come on now.

I think Burrows' request is irrelevant here for two reasons:

1. We don't even know if we'll play Bala or Sligo yet, so all bookings have clearly been made with free cancellation in mind, so no monies lost. I do, however, accept that some people may have booked holidays from work this afternoon after the draw. If that's the case, however, as quick as they've booked them today, I am sure they can also quickly change them. 

2. Notwithstanding, UEFA qualification ties are often subject to change within a day following the draw, for myriad reasons, including pitch readiness and capacity issues, etc. The Club could've reiterated that the tie is confirmed in principle and subject to confirmation tomorrow, but it's not the ridiculous shambles like some have suggested. This is a common scenario.

Ultimately, it's not ideal, but it's hardly fair to call Burrows and/or the Club amateurish here. These things are never straightforward. Perhaps we should just be pleased that we're in the tie and that we're doing everything we can to get the home leg played at Fir Park. Goodnight.