Europa Conference League

Stuwell2

I had checked out flying Edinburgh to Dublin on the Wednesday and returning on the Sunday (£60 return) with the idea of getting the Mrs to fly to Dublin on the Friday for weekend break.
I’d also looked at getting a ferry from Holyhead to Dublin on the Friday incase we play Bala but luckily hadn’t booked anything. 

56 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I assume everyone who has booked somewhere / travel to somewhere has it on a refundable purchase? Since we don't know who we are playing.

If Bala win the cost of going to Wales is set at either the cost of a car or supporters bus journey. You can't save any money on that, it'll cost what it costs.

If Sligo is the destination it's likely to be much cheaper to book flights immediately than wait until July 14th. 

Combine the two of them and people who want to go to the away game in either Ireland or Wales had a chance to fix a minimum and maximum price for travelling today after the club appeared to confirm the dates by booking flights to Ireland (with an option to make it a smaller spread by betting on Bala when odds for the tie are announced). It's not like we drew a team from Sweden or a team from Cyprus and people are just deciding to book Sweden, being able to go by car or bus to Wales makes grabbing a cheap flight to Ireland the sensible option.

If the club had tweeted hold off until 6pm tomorrow for confirmation of dates at half 12 today rather than saying the away fixture was on the 28th no one would have any complaints.

Then beyond that you have people making travel plans for the home game and we seem to have tweeted some Sligo fans into booking as well.

• Like 2

It is absolutely amateurish. Do you think Man City would tweet the dates of their Champions League tie, only for their chief exec 6 hours later to say “sorry I was on holiday, hold off on booking anything for the home leg yet, we are gonna ask UEFA if we can swap the dates about.”?

It’s the last I’ll say on the matter, but it’s just standard from us to fuck about like this these days. 

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

It’s the  last I’ll say on the matter, but it’s just standard from us to fuck about like this these days. 

If it’s all that “standard “, then surely everyone would have known better and waited just in case.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I assume everyone who has booked somewhere / travel to somewhere has it on a refundable purchase? Since we don't know who we are playing.

Yes, Sligo was the only one to worry about, they should beat Bala but a fully flexible free cancellation etc booking was made just in case and I can change it to the 21st if Uefa agree the swap in dates so happy days.

If its Bala, the game will be played in Rhyl so thats just a case of jumping in the car for a 4 or 5hr drive so no worries there. 

43 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Yes, Sligo was the only one to worry about, they should beat Bala but a fully flexible free cancellation etc booking was made just in case and I can change it to the 21st if Uefa agree the swap in dates so happy days.

If its Bala, the game will be played in Rhyl so thats just a case of jumping in the car for a 4 or 5hr drive so no worries there. 

Do you know for sure that if it's Bala the game will be in Rhyl? I think I'm right in saying that they'll play Sligo at TNS (i.e. Oswestry)... but both Rhyl and Oswestry are quite small... so they may at least look at Wrexham to be able to get all fans in. I have no inside info in this, just guessing. You'd hope that by today we'd know (a) which leg will be the home game, and (b) if it's Bala... where will they actually play the game!!

31 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Do you know for sure that if it's Bala the game will be in Rhyl? I think I'm right in saying that they'll play Sligo at TNS (i.e. Oswestry)... but both Rhyl and Oswestry are quite small... so they may at least look at Wrexham to be able to get all fans in. I have no inside info in this, just guessing. You'd hope that by today we'd know (a) which leg will be the home game, and (b) if it's Bala... where will they actually play the game!!

From the Bala wiki site

Bala Town have played at Maes Tegid in Bala since the 1950s. For European matches they use Rhyl's Belle Vue stadium due to UEFA stadium regulations.

So I assumed their Euro games will still be played in Rhyl  this year as well although other stadiums are mentioned  so it may be Oswestry 

Thinking back to all our European games, have we ever won a tie against a better side than us? As in went through as the non seeds? 

Obviously we've lost two we should have won between Mypa 47 and Stjarnan, and the Katowice tie was before I would have a decent idea of the state of the Polish league. 

Other than that I think all the ties have went with the seeds. Some of our better sides would have gave that Steau side a good run and maybe turned them over, Odense was probably the closest we game to putting out a better side, and our best performance was away at Dortmund.

Maybe this is our year to get a result.

I was explaining this in work the other day and often do when the 'Other tems need to pull their weight in Europe' card gets pulled out.
As you say, we generally play to our seeding, so don't 'lose' co-efficient points, as such.
Country co-efficient is fine in terms of getting places in comps, but its the Club one which determines seedings etc and can be difficult to improve much unless you get the luck of the draw, or a shock result against a seed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

Thinking back to all our European games, have we ever won a tie against a better side than us? As in went through as the non seeds? 

Obviously we've lost two we should have won between Mypa 47 and Stjarnan, and the Katowice tie was before I would have a decent idea of the state of the Polish league. 

Other than that I think all the ties have went with the seeds. Some of our better sides would have gave that Steau side a good run and maybe turned them over, Odense was probably the closest we game to putting out a better side, and our best performance was away at Dortmund.

Maybe this is our year to get a result.

We had a good team at that time but that Mypa 47 side had some tasty players including Sami Hyypia and Joonas Kolkka.  Most of the rest of them were Finnish internationals.

21 hours ago, GazzyB said:

It is absolutely amateurish. Do you think Man City would tweet the dates of their Champions League tie, only for their chief exec 6 hours later to say “sorry I was on holiday, hold off on booking anything for the home leg yet, we are gonna ask UEFA if we can swap the dates about.”?

It’s the last I’ll say on the matter, but it’s just standard from us to fuck about like this these days. 

And breathe , let it go man

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

The stadium in Owestry has a capacity of 2000 with 1000 seated. Ticket scramble time.

It's a small town of 17,000 people, i'm sure they will be delighted to get the Claret and Amber pound on a Tuesday afternoon.

There will be no one left without a ticket. Guaranteed

On 6/16/2022 at 9:40 PM, steelboy said:

The stadium in Owestry has a capacity of 2000 with 1000 seated. Ticket scramble time.

It's a small town of 17,000 people, i'm sure they will be delighted to get the Claret and Amber pound on a Tuesday afternoon.

TNS at home to Linfield at that stadium in Oswestry. Linfield are getting 200 tickets per their official club site. Hopefully if we end up playing Bala, the game is in Rhyl which MIGHT end up with us getting a few more than 200 tickets. But it wont be enough though.

If Bala wanted to cash in, they should approach Wrexham now just in case.