Europa Conference League

Stuwell2

1 hour ago, dennyc said:

TNS at home to Linfield at that stadium in Oswestry. Linfield are getting 200 tickets per their official club site. Hopefully if we end up playing Bala, the game is in Rhyl which MIGHT end up with us getting a few more than 200 tickets. But it wont be enough though.

If Bala wanted to cash in, they should approach Wrexham now just in case.

I would have thought that 200 tickets for travelling Linfield fans would be more than enough,  I don't expect them to take thousands of fans to wales, their average gate is less than 1500.  I am sure every Well fan that wants a ticket for the game if it is Bala will get one.

23 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I would have thought that 200 tickets for travelling Linfield fans would be more than enough,  I don't expect them to take thousands of fans to wales, their average gate is less than 1500.  I am sure every Well fan that wants a ticket for the game if it is Bala will get one.

Linfield quoting a capacity of 1000, all seated. And as for numbers, they are having a ballot as way more than 200 members had registered as wanting to go. And that's from an official statement so tends to ring true.

1 hour ago, Villageman said:

Can I ask what plans if any the posters who are suggesting flying to to Dublin (assuming opponents are Sligo) have on the next part of the trip. Trying to weigh up the travel options.

I looked at the trains from Dublin, there are 4 or 5 trains a day to Sligo, journey just under 3 hrs as far as I can tell it seems to be about £45 to £50 return. 

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

Hotel in sligo is booked its a free cancellation so no risk there, I've taken a punt on flights from Glasgow to Dublin, got return flights with Ryanair for £60 too good a price to miss, out 28/7 back 29/7  pretty sure if Sligo win the flights will go up in price so it's a reasonable risk to take.

Not just curious, would like to attend match, as a poster already said if Bala, take car early Thursday 1 overnight and then next day home. Cost fuel and BB.

Sligo is more complicated. Cost of fuel, one person ferry, and Wed Thurs BB is around £700 and do not fancy solo trip.

From enquiries so far flights are very early morn and very late night are not an option for me due to age and health.

Mid day flight lands at 14.10 so thro customs EU ????.      Bus to Train station 20 minutes,  Departure time train  15.00  going to be difficult to achieve. next one 16.00. 3 hours to Sligo. so about 19.10pm arrival. Far too many risks so flight for me at least would need to be Wednesday mid day.

We really should hope Sligo get through. Their allocation for the away leg  was increased to 300 (almost one third of Uefa capacity) and sold out in minutes... but only after major problems with the ticketing site. Reads like Sligo fans had to purchase tickets direct from Bala. That 300 total was a big concession as Uefa regulations state that only 5% must be made available to away fans. Hopefully if we do end up facing Bala, the tie is switched to a larger ground but that is not even being mentioned as a possibility as yet.

Although Bala are seeded higher, Sligo are well into their season and I think that makes them favourites.

Other possibility i have looked at is. 8 passenger 6 m.  minibus hire using following criteria 

Departure Thurs 8am Lanark. Some flexibility.

Ferry Cairnryan to Belbast 11.30  - 13.45 and onward to Sligo. 150  miles approx. +/- 3 hours

Return after match catching 7.30 ferry back to Cairnryan. Cost around £95 pp, Includes passengers paying for driver.

mid day ferry would cost around £25 more. Early morning journey is classed as same day and has £200 discount.

costs include Lounge seats each way.

Would have to add minibus hire to these costs. Enquiry made.

Would any one else be interested?.. 

4 hours ago, Villageman said:

Not just curious, would like to attend match, as a poster already said if Bala, take car early Thursday 1 overnight and then next day home. Cost fuel and BB.

Sligo is more complicated. Cost of fuel, one person ferry, and Wed Thurs BB is around £700 and do not fancy solo trip.

From enquiries so far flights are very early morn and very late night are not an option for me due to age and health.

Mid day flight lands at 14.10 so thro customs EU ????.      Bus to Train station 20 minutes,  Departure time train  15.00  going to be difficult to achieve. next one 16.00. 3 hours to Sligo. so about 19.10pm arrival. Far too many risks so flight for me at least would need to be Wednesday mid day.

Have you looked at flights to Knock on the west coast? I hadn’t heard of this airport until the draw was made. My time away is curtailed due to work so I’ve just took a punt on cheap Ryanair flights from Edinburgh that will get me into Knock at 11.50 on the Thursday and I’ll come home the Saturday afternoon. Sligo is less than an hour drive from the airport. 

I am wary though that any flight cancellation would leave me screwed. 

5 hours ago, dennyc said:

We really should hope Sligo get through. Their allocation for the away leg  was increased to 300 (almost one third of Uefa capacity) and sold out in minutes... but only after major problems with the ticketing site. Reads like Sligo fans had to purchase tickets direct from Bala. That 300 total was a big concession as Uefa regulations state that only 5% must be made available to away fans. Hopefully if we do end up facing Bala, the tie is switched to a larger ground but that is not even being mentioned as a possibility as yet.

Anyone know why they wouldn’t switch the tie to Wrexham if they get through? It’s about the same distance from Bala as Oswestry, and it’s not like they’d be giving up home advantage… as Oswestry isn’t their ground anyway. Obviously there’s a financial element (ie the extra they’d gain from a bigger crowd v possible extra rental fees)… but surely they’d consider it?

15 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Anyone know why they wouldn’t switch the tie to Wrexham if they get through? It’s about the same distance from Bala as Oswestry, and it’s not like they’d be giving up home advantage… as Oswestry isn’t their ground anyway. Obviously there’s a financial element (ie the extra they’d gain from a bigger crowd v possible extra rental fees)… but surely they’d consider it?

I think they use TNS's ground at Oswestry as part of a ground sharing agreement with the other Welsh league Euro teams as its the only one up to UEFA standards. Wrexham play in the English leagues so that may be why they can't use it as uefa would consider them a different country.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

I think they use TNS's ground at Oswestry as part of a ground sharing agreement with the other Welsh league Euro teams as its the only one up to UEFA standards. Wrexham play in the English leagues so that may be why they can't use it as uefa would consider them a different country.

Maybe the rule has changed and if so, apologies. TNS used Wrexham's ground in 2013 and 2017 for European ties so I don't think it is an English Leagues thing.  If Bala wanted to and Wrexham were agreeable I think they could switch unless they are tied to Oswestry contractually.

On 6/25/2022 at 10:01 AM, Spiderpig said:

You might be right, fair enough. The irony being TNS’s ground is in England, and Wrexham’s is actually in Wales!!

Big ask I guess, but here goes nothing.

I'm not a season ticket holder due to work commitments and where we live.

I'm looking for a kind season ticket holder who has no plans on going to the away game. But only if its Sligo.

We are in Ireland on holiday that week, visiting my in-laws and would be gutted to miss the game.

We'd need an adult and an under 15 ticket if possible.

I know it's a long shot, but no harm in asking.

33 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Tickets for the home leg available now, plus possible ballot for away leg tickets:

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/07/01/europa-conference-league-tickets-go-on-sale/

Is anyone else having trouble logging on to buy tickets, keep getting " you do not have permissions" message I am a season ticket holder