Europa Conference League

Stuwell2

Thank fuck for that!

Sligo looked decent for 10 minutes but were, overall, shite. I fancy us comfortably. 

I also heard that there were 4000 there tonight? Starting to think there is gonna be a scramble for tickets. 

10 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Thank fuck for that!

Sligo looked decent for 10 minutes but were, overall, shite. I fancy us comfortably. 

I also heard that there were 4000 there tonight? Starting to think there is gonna be a scramble for tickets. 

No offence GazzyB but where have you been.  UEFA states we only are entitled to 5% of capacity which is 180 tickets. The away section at Sligo is approx 370 tickets. There was always going to be a scramble !

If I had to guess I would say 1200-1500 applications which means a 1 in 4 or 5 chance of getting a ticket. Not great odds. 

Let’s see what happens but I think there may be a few day trippers in the home end…..

Glad it is Sligo, if nothing else for the 'well fans who had taken the plunge and sorted travel and accommodation already.

Hopefully we can be ready for our first competitive match of the season and make it through to the next round. I do think that the fact that the opposition are half way through their season gives them a bit of an advantage though. We need to be ready for a bit of a battle.

Are they a full time side? I'm assuming they're bottom half championship level, the sort of team we should put away buy will have enough about them that can cause us problems if we're not at it or miss a few chances.

Basically it's Morton but a bit further west.

So how do we line up? That's the big question. Have we changed shape from last year or are we going out the same 4-3-3? 

I'd say Kelly, Slattery and KVV are guaranteed starters regardless of formation but after that I think every other position is up for debate.

37 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

No offence GazzyB but where have you been.  UEFA states we only are entitled to 5% of capacity which is 180 tickets. The away section at Sligo is approx 370 tickets. There was always going to be a scramble !

If I had to guess I would say 1200-1500 applications which means a 1 in 4 or 5 chance of getting a ticket. Not great odds. 

Let’s see what happens but I think there may be a few day trippers in the home end…..

And it looks like the home end tickets can be bought in person only. Sligo looks like a nice wee place though, I’ll take my chances. 

Only seen tonight’s game and although the commentators spoke of how poorly Sligo played compared to there recent league games, apart from their keeper who looks good, I think that there’s not a lot to fear from them and I hope that I will leave FP next week safe in the belief that we’ve done enough that the away leg shouldn’t worry us - then again we are Motherwell, so nothing can be taken for granted. 

2 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Yeah I understand that but I thought they would be getting around 2k home fans maximum, and they would want to cash in on a bigger travelling support.

Obviously not the case!

5 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

If anyone who isn’t going could apply to get me two adult tickets, please get in touch…

If I am not successful in the ballot I am also looking for 2 adult tickets if anyone has spares, and won't be travelling. 

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

If I am not successful in the ballot I am also looking for 2 adult tickets if anyone has spares, and won't be travelling. 

I suspect there’ll be lots of people in the same boat, with some or all of their group not successful in the ballot. I hope the golden ticket emails come out today, so that at least we know where we stand. Maybe there’s some horse trading going on to see if there’s any chance of us getting an increased allocation?

1 minute ago, ohwulliewullie said:

I suspect there’ll be lots of people in the same boat, with some or all of their group not successful in the ballot. I hope the golden ticket emails come out today, so that at least we know where we stand. Maybe there’s some horse trading going on to see if there’s any chance of us getting an increased allocation?

If we soundly beat them at Fir Park then I think more tickets will be available for our supporters 

I'm a fan of St Patricks Athletic here in Dublin, the way Sligos ground is set up I imagine you will receive around 350 tickets which is the normal away end .

They sold out against Bala who brought 18 according to the commentators on last night's game, so 3600 or so locals.

Decent little town actually, most of there fans are sound, my own club when we travel there a good few tend to stay down and accommodation is always at a premium so good luck with that. 

If really stuck, you could always hire a bus to go from a town such as Bundoran or close  which are closeish or even hire a bus to do a round trip from Dublin its only about 2 and a half hours away. 

44 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

If anyone has one spare ticket I will happily buy it from you we have 4 out of 5

45 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

If anyone has one spare ticket I will happily buy it from you we have 4 out of 5

I was unsuccessful in the ticket ballot