Celtic v Motherwell 14/05/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Hoping we can keep it respectable.

That late Dundee Utd goal is a sickener, means if we get beat all they need is a point from Ross County. Although, with the chat about Q2 seeded in the other thread, maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Now we have 4th place in our hands, Id quite like to keep it. We need to match whatever United do at Dingwall, but their point last night means Ross County now have nothing to play for but pride, so I can see United taking something in that game. Celtic will be up for a title party, but we've crashed a few of those before, so who knows....

I never really buy the "nothing to play for" thing, to be honest. The games when there's no pressure to get a result should be the ones when you're playing at your unshackled best and even toying with the opposition a bit, not just strolling around looking uninterested.

On one hand, Celtic playing for fun in front of their home crowd for the first time after winning the title gives me the fear. They could decide to turn on the style and are capable of taking 4 or 5 of anybody in that mood.

On the other hand, they might treat it more like a friendly which would give us the edge if we tackle it like it cup final.

I suspect we'll be more interested in the Dingwall game and will lose this one, but end of season games are very difficult to predict.

You'd have to think that at least some Ross County players will be on win bonuses for games, or something to that effect? And players in the Scottish Premier League aren't paid enough outside the old firm to let such bonuses pass them by without trying to secure them.

Can't buy tickets online and been trying all week so phoned our ticket office there who said they are just waiting on confirmation from celtic to get more. I asked how many we had sold but she said couldn't disclose. 

Celtic obviously want to keep them all for their own fans and I understand that but I'm a bit disappointed that it's not 48 hrs till ko and nothing sorted.  I'm guessing here but I don't think we will have sold out the allocation that all away teams have to receive per spfl rules .

This is sort of thing that no other team would get away with other than those 2 and gets me a bit pissed off.

Would be hilarious if we could do something on Saturday and why not. 

Hope we can take decent crowd if permitted as players deserve backing after securing europe

15 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Can't buy tickets online and been trying all week so phoned our ticket office there who said they are just waiting on confirmation from celtic to get more. I asked how many we had sold but she said couldn't disclose. 

Celtic obviously want to keep them all for their own fans and I understand that but I'm a bit disappointed that it's not 48 hrs till ko and nothing sorted.  I'm guessing here but I don't think we will have sold out the allocation that all away teams have to receive per spfl rules .

This is sort of thing that no other team would get away with other than those 2 and gets me a bit pissed off.

Hope we can take decent crowd if permitted as players deserve backing after securing europe

Having seen where Celtic usually stick the away fans in their stadium i'd be surprised if they were holding any for their own support. I don't know how they'd manage to segregate that corner of the stadium even further to be honest.

I could be wrong, mind you.

On 5/12/2022 at 4:01 PM, gaz7 said:

Seriously why would any well fan want to go to that shitehole to be treated like shite by the stewards, and mingle with the great unwashed as they have their title party, let them get on with it and save your cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Seriously why would any well fan want to go to that shitehole to be treated like shite by the stewards, and mingle with the great unwashed as they have their title party, let them get on with it and save your cash.

Maybe to support our boys? 

Must be shite as a player if you were running out and none of your own fans were there as  can't be bothered going.

Last couple of games there's no doubt the fans had a huge impact all driven by young team and added to by the rest.

I respect your opinion as at both of them it can be hard going and it is expensive etc etc but if everyone had same opinion as you then it's basically raising the white flag to them.

There's always a chance and anyone who's been there or other place when wev had a result will testify how good it feels.

I still remember my 1st time there with my pals  1989 and we won and coming out walking to train station all well fans singing feeling 10 ft tall. That's how I want to go

• Thanks 1