Celtic v Motherwell 14/05/2022

SteelmaninOZ

8 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Trouble is you get away with those mistakes against a lot of teams but against OF it can kill you as we painfully know.   

Pretty much my view. We have to be realistic when comparing the two playing budgets and what that means on the field.

Yesterday's result, whilst disappointing, was in no way surprising.   The result and performance wasn't helped by our absentee list.

I thought I'd look back at Celtic's stats for home league games this season. Outwith Sevco, only 3 teams (excluding us) have scored at Parkhead. In terms of goal difference, we're about halfway out of the 10 clubs.  That said, some have only played once at Parkhead.

Undoubtedly, and in general, our defence needs addressed in the close  season and that means not just personnel but also tactics.  Defence is not limited  to the 4 or 5 at the back of course.  I don't doubt that the constant pressure on our defence wasn't helped by a powderpuff strikeforce.  Our specific tactics for Ibrox and Parkhead also need to be examined. Whilst not advocating all out attack, we do need to stop defending so deeply. In my view thats asking for trouble.  

Yesterday panned out pretty much how I thought. Dundee United were always going  to pick up a point in  Dingwall.

18 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Pretty much my view. We have to be realistic when comparing the two playing budgets and what that means on the field.

Yesterday's result, whilst disappointing, was in no way surprising.   The result and performance wasn't helped by our absentee list.

I thought I'd look back at Celtic's stats for home league games this season. Outwith Sevco, only 3 teams (excluding us) have scored at Parkhead. In terms of goal difference, we're about halfway out of the 10 clubs.  That said, some have only played once at Parkhead.

Undoubtedly, and in general, our defence needs addressed in the close  season and that means not just personnel but also tactics.  Defence is not limited  to the 4 or 5 at the back of course.  I don't doubt that the constant pressure on our defence wasn't helped by a powderpuff strikeforce.  Our specific tactics for Ibrox and Parkhead also need to be examined. Whilst not advocating all out attack, we do need to stop defending so deeply. In my view thats asking for trouble.  

Yesterday panned out pretty much how I thought. Dundee United were always going  to pick up a point in  Dingwall.

agree, but as someone else said big or small budget,  you can't give up possession so easily ...as I said switched off at ht, so thats just first half.

The first one , the boy miskicks the volley, it happens,  big Vic might connect with that another 9 times out of 10.

Our goals against is awful , hopefully ga is going to address this during close season. 

8 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

We got 2 draws at Ibrox this year...