Keith Lasley

joewarkfanclub

Thought this deserved a thread of its own.....

Was really pleased for Keith last night that we managed to get the win that kept all the fans behind and in great spirits to give him the send of he deserved. You could see and hear  it was a very emotional experience for him and his whole family. 

There can be a lot of cheap talk thrown around when it comes to football players about who is a club legend and who is not, but for me I dont think there can be any doubt that Keith falls into that category.

For a player to spend almost his entire playing career at one club in the modern era is almost unheard of these days and for me, over the last 20 or so years Keith has been Mr Motherwell.

Coming in as he did in the administration season with the likes of Hammel, Faddy, Pearo et al, he quickly grasped the ethos of our club and became very much part of the fabric of it. For someone who wasnt brought up Motherwell fan, the fact that he and his whole family now are, says a lot.

During his time at the club we have enjoyed  4 Cup finals, 2 League Runners Up spots and 8 European qualifications, including playing in the Champions League. To be club captain for such a large part of that success, says lot about him.

The fact that he is also a damn fine human being, means he will be sorely missed by many at the club, including the fans. 

Ultimately, all good things must end and he is off to further his career in a new role. I for one, wish him all the best and thank him for some wonderful memories.

ALL THE BEST "KEEF"

• Like 14

It was emotional as a fan, this gentleman has given everything to this club through thick and thin. A genuine love for the club, along with the passion that has been missing since he (and Hamell) hung up their boots.  I'm used to hearing the older generation talking about "their" set of Motherwell legends, this guy is undoubtedly one that our generation will talk about for years to come. 

Best of luck to him, and I hope it's not the last we see of him.

• Like 2

I can only echo the previous posts on las,the guy has been a class act for us his entire time at the club,I'm genuinely gutted he's away and as much as I can't stand st mirren,I really hope this move works out for him and his family.

Can possibly see Burrows going on to do something at a national level.

As for Lasley, a great playing career for us and a fabulous servant to the club. I can do nothing but wish him all the very best in his new venture and admit that his leaving has already achieved the almost impossible in that I now don't have quite such as seething hatred for St Mirren as I had before.

For me, him leaving has has elevated St Mirren to no longer being one of the teams I forget are a thing. So, someone else will need to claim the spot of the last team I recall when I think of the premier league, not sure who that is yet.

What a guy though. Who's our next almost one club man going to be?

4 hours ago, fizoxy said:

For me, him leaving has has elevated St Mirren to no longer being one of the teams I forget are a thing. So, someone else will need to claim the spot of the last team I recall when I think of the premier league, not sure who that is yet.

What a guy though. Who's our next almost one club man going to be?

Deano 

• Like 1

A real stalwart.  Mr Dependable who always gave his all on the pitch.  His start at the club wasn’t an easy one but he went on to be a certainty on the team sheet.  For me he’s right up there with the late great Joe Wark.

I’m sad to see him leave us but wish him all the very best in his new role at St.Mirren.  He’ll always be more than welcome back at Fir Park.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

It didn’t take long!! The same day our video of saying farewell is released, St Mirren release a video on St Mirren TV, with Keith telling them that it was an honour to be with St Mirren and he wants to take St Mirren to the top!
Anyway best of luck Keith in your new position.

Fitzpatrickitis !!!.  Lol.   Wish him all the best,. True well legend