Chill out time

grizzlyg

With season now finished and incredibly a European place I think it's time we all relax, enjoy sunny weather and see how things pan out during the summer.

Both fans of GA and those against have said plenty over the past few weeks with great points made. Some comments over the score but that is to be expected.

I expect Hibs and Aberdeen to improve but that isn't my concern. My only focus is on our squad.  I confess I am not convinced GA will bring in right players and clear out the ones we all know that aren't good enough but I am prepared to give him a chance and if it doesn't work then he has to go. If he turns it round then I hold my hand up and apologise.

Let's enjoy the close season and none of my jokes for at least a few weeks...COYW

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Note to self .....don't start a new topic.....nobody interested....lol

You need a title something like

"19 Incredible Ways to Chill out This Summer. You Won't Believe Number 12 is Even Legal !!!!"

• Haha 7

I suppose getting to the quarter finals of the cup is a great achievement,  but was it. We had 3 home games against teams below us in the league , we just scraped past the lowest ranked of these teams and shot ourselves in the foot versus hibs. We will never know what would have have happened if Mugabi hadn't been sent off , more likely Collum would have sent off Ojala for his tackle. As I said not much of an achievement.  However fifth place is a fantastic achievement. 

A 5th place finish and European football is definitely a success this year, some perspective on where we were when Alexander took over to where we are now is needed. Our form is still a worry going into the new season. The board took the gamble and for now it has paid off. GA will get his chance to completely overhaul the defence and hopefully bring in a suitable replacement for Watt in the Summer.

The cups this season are hard to judge, getting scudded by Airdrie before being comfortable dispatched by a terrible Dundee side was undoubtedly a failure. However, I feel we were unlucky in the Scottish Cup, the red card 60 seconds into the QTR final with Hibs completely killed us and considering how bad Hibs are this season, what the end result might’ve been if it had stayed 11v11 is a big ‘what if.’

Knocking Aberdeen out the Scottish Cup was definitely the highlight for me.

Time to keep the faith and look forward to European Football in the near future.

10 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

Was at Player of the Year awards last night which was an excellent evening in an excellent venue and superbly hosted by Tam Cowan giving GA plenty of stick!

The Q&A was a good laugh as was the tombola.

• 2 weeks later...

Putting this here as I’m not sure where else to put it - and I don’t think it merits it’s own thread - but just seen on the bbc page about Scottish clubs players of the year that “Sean Goss is the clear choice of the fans”. Now I’m no expert - and I’ve not got anything again him - but I can’t recall many on here raving about him week in week out and I don’t think he won many of the player of the game polls on here. So wondering where they get that idea from - making it up as they go along or just having a laugh? 

The Sean Goss thing will be taken from their own rate your player thing for each game. More often than not Sean Goss gets voted top in that not because he was our best player but because the voting system is easily manipulated by those who wish to skew the result, and probably not Well fans. I've seen average scores around 5 or 6 for everyone else yet Goss get 8 plus. The BBC man of the match thing for fans is purely a bit of fun and in no way scientific or accurate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brainier said:

The Sean Goss thing will be taken from their own rate your player thing for each game. More often than not Sean Goss gets voted top in that not because he was our best player but because the voting system is easily manipulated by those who wish to skew the result, and probably not Well fans. I've seen average scores around 5 or 6 for everyone else yet Goss get 8 plus. The BBC man of the match thing for fans is purely a bit of fun and in no way scientific or accurate. 

Exactly this. Especially farcical when a sub comes on for a couple of minutes, touches the ball once and gets a rating of over 8 and is Man of the Match. BBC at its uninformed best.