Favourite Well games of the past

twistandshout1983

26 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Excellent work - brings back some good (and bad) memories.

Seeing Raith Rovers on there is also a stark (no pun intended) reminder of how things can change when you drop out of the top league and never make it back. A long list of casualties from Clydebank to Dumbarton.

Thank you. I'm trying to add more positive results than negatives to the channel but my main intention is to use the highlights alongside match reports on my website.

I know what you mean, Raith have been down the leagues now for 26 years or so, I've always had that worry when you look at Falkirk and Dunfermline who have ended up in the second tier and even Partick Thistle who not so long ago finished in the top 6th of the Premiership ended up way down there.

1 hour ago, Kat said:

I have been updating my YouTube channel the past few weeks, reading this thread had inspired me to do so as I have a ton of VHS videos containing live matches and Scotsport episodes squirrelled away all ranging in different quality of course.

Motherwellnet YouTube

When it comes to my favourite match, I could point to all the easy ones but beating high flying Hearts 6-1 in December 2002 was a particular highlight for me. Obviously it was the first full season in administration, for that reason I had made it a point that I would attend every home game that season, I had to do it with my own money for the first time and typically Motherwell had been on a really poor run, I think we had beaten Celtic in September and failed to win again until this fixture. We blew Hearts away going in a 4-0 at half time, David Partridge at one point tried to clear the ball at the edge of our box of Stevie Woods goal but the ball hit the junction of the post like a rocket and bounced back into play. I think we only got the 6 league wins all of which were again the top 6 teams and includes beating Rangers and Celtic and humping Livi 6-1. Hard to believe that was going on 20 years now.

Glad this inspired you,  I found your channel through a recent Facebook post and have been watching the uploads on a daily basis

The 6-1 against Hearts was a great favourite of mine also , along with the 2-1 v Celtic and 1-0 v Rangers in the same season 

The start of the 02/03 season we were in dire straits yet despite a lot of poor results that season there was a definite fighting spirit in that side 

On 7/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, twistandshout1983 said:

Glad this inspired you,  I found your channel through a recent Facebook post and have been watching the uploads on a daily basis

The 6-1 against Hearts was a great favourite of mine also , along with the 2-1 v Celtic and 1-0 v Rangers in the same season 

The start of the 02/03 season we were in dire straits yet despite a lot of poor results that season there was a definite fighting spirit in that side 

You know what? That 02/03 team would scud this current lot. Faddy absolutely ripped Joos Valgaeren up for toilet paper in that 2-1 win against Celtic and did the same to Amoruso when we beat Rangers, so imagine him (of then obviously) up against Mugabi! Then you had Pearson and Hammell linking up down the left, something this current side just doesn’t have. 

Mind you having Woods and Dubourdeau as goalkeeping options would be a bit of a leveller I suppose. :lol:

• Like 1

I don't know if it's just hindsight but it's amazing to think that 2002/03 side finished bottom, many served us really well and the following season we lost Faddy and Jason Dair was his replacement on the left, not to mention Craigan, Burns and Marshall were the summer additions and we done not to bad that year.

The 6-2 win over Livi was great when McFadden scored a hat trick, long amazing run the luck of the bunch. That must be one of the youngest well sides.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pretzel said:

I don't know if it's just hindsight but it's amazing to think that 2002/03 side finished bottom, many served us really well and the following season we lost Faddy and Jason Dair was his replacement on the left, not to mention Craigan, Burns and Marshall were the summer additions and we done not to bad that year.

The 6-2 win over Livi was great when McFadden scored a hat trick, long amazing run the luck of the bunch. That must be one of the youngest well sides.

Another one of my favourite games , Faddy was sensational that day

I still think back to the 4-3 defeat to Rangers in the Scottish cup semi final that season thinking if only Clarkson had put that chance away to make it 3-1 just before half time we would have won that, remember being disappointed losing but bursting with pride we had gave such a good account of ourselves that day and would have been in with a good shout against Dundee in that years final

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Favourite Well games of the past