ECL Fir Park Motherwell v Sligo Rovers 21/07/22

SteelmaninOZ

I think we’ll win as well. Both tomorrow night and next week and progress to the next round.

However it won’t be plain sailing and it certainly won’t be easy on the eye.

2-1 tomorrow with Sligo scoring first.

You would think we would have learned from last season when he had KVV as only out and out striker from January onwards,  I know finding a striker is hard but we need to start looking asap . Unless he plays shields there where it is his main position yet is seen as a winger .. COYW 

33 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

You would think we would have learned from last season when he had KVV as only out and out striker from January onwards,  I know finding a striker is hard but we need to start looking asap .

How do we know we haven't been looking? They're not going to tell us about anyone we asked who wasn't interested.

• Like 1

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that a manager who has spent his entire adult life in the professional game is probably aware of positions he needs to fill in the team whose results he depends on to make a living.

Also - window doesn't close until 1st September, and free agents are available after that. Given that we picked up Watt, as well as Faddy and Skippy for their 2nd spells, when they were free agents, it's not always a bad option.

1 hour ago, numpty said:

How do we know we haven't been looking? They're not going to tell us about anyone we asked who wasn't interested.

I have no doubt we have been looking and like every other club finding that dream striker on our budget is difficult. It would just be nice though to have a back up for KVV, yep plenty of time left before window ends but hopefully get someone in soon.  Now I know what answer will be from most folk but would Griffiths on say a 3 month deal be worth trying?,. Yep a brave move but if it didn't work then all parties would move on

How do we go up front,if KVV is 60/40,70/30 do we play him n try n kill the tie n rest him for away game,or leave him for another week,IMO I'd leave him out n go wi wot we have,efford shields morris n tierney floating,efford will get us goals im sure but its all a confidence thing we need t cut the guy a bit of slack(same wi the 2 left backs)..looking forward t  the game,i think we will turn them over comfortably 

• Haha 2

We were terrible against Thistle and don’t see it being much different tonight . As usual we have been slow bringing in players I just hope it doesn’t backfire and we miss out on a lucrative tie in the next round and a financial bonus 

4 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

How do we go up front,if KVV is 60/40,70/30 do we play him n try n kill the tie n rest him for away game,or leave him for another week,IMO I'd leave him out n go wi wot we have,efford shields morris n tierney floating,efford will get us goals im sure but its all a confidence thing we need t cut the guy a bit of slack(same wi the 2 left backs)..looking forward t  the game,i think we will turn them over comfortably 

Whoever has added the ha ha emoji can u explain why "my" opinion is so laughable

54 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Who do we think will start tonight?

Kelly, Lamie, Carroll and Shields are the only players i'm 100% confident in seeing. Barry Maguire and Slattery will probably be in midfield.

Well if McGinn is injured then I also expect SODs to be a starter. I also expect Spittal to start. 

So who either Mugabi or Sol to partner Lamie. 

Also either Morris or Efford will start or both,