ECL Fir Park Motherwell v Sligo Rovers 21/07/22

SteelmaninOZ

overall game is playing out as expected. Sligo less quality but well into their season.  We look rusty as we ease into the first game of the season. 

Sadly Bevis sold the first goal. He has done, did and will continue to give away cheap goals, penalties, mistakes.  He's hard working but always carries this risk factor. 

Good to see us having quite a few shots from distance as well as working the ball out wide. Good pressure and picking up a lot of second balls. Not great overall but encouraging signs.

(new kit is beautiful, by the way)

I thought we’d make a pigs ear of this tonight and I still think we’ll turn this around but alarm bells are ringing loud and clear after that first half debacle. We are an awful team with nothing about us and this coming season is going to be an absolute clusterfuck.

Pretty sure only Carroll is booked. I like the look of Morris, his movement is good.

Kevin van Veen is way off the pace and there's no way in a million years that's he's going to score. We will never score ever again. Prove me wrong universe :-)

1 minute ago, parko66 said:

Have they taken away a row of seats in the east stand? Lookd to be a gap between what was the old wall and the new advertising boards

I was asking earlier if they had narrowed the field but I think it’s more along the lines of what you are asking. Looks like they pushed that wall back 

1 minute ago, fizoxy said:

Pretty sure only Carroll is booked. I like the look of Morris, his movement is good.

Kevin van Veen is way off the pace and there's no way in a million years that's he's going to score. We will never score ever again. Prove me wrong universe :-)

Commentator keeps on about Slattery being booked but I only seen the one for Carrol. 

• Like 1