ECL Sligo Rovers v Motherwell 28/7/22

wellfan

1 minute ago, El Grew said:

Anybody watching this utter shite and who has any doubt as to whether Alexander should be shipped out needs a reality check.

We've won 1 out of our last 15 European matches and that was at home against Glentoran who caused us all sort of problems until they had a player sent off.

Scottish teams don't compete in Europe because they are crap.  That's a depressing fact but it's not what we should be defining the club against.  

I don't mind if we fire Alexander and bring in someone better.  But I think our fans need to think very carefully about that.  Alexander has a 7th and 5th place finish in two seasons.  Are you really that confident that the next guy does better?  With this squad of players?  With our finances? In our league? What if the next guy does worse?  What if he gets us relegated?

Fans need to give it a break with the moronic raging two games into the season in a competition that we pretty much had no chance of going further than qualifying rounds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Fans need to give it a break with the moronic raging two games into the season in a competition that we pretty much had no chance of going further than qualifying rounds.

We've pretty much no chance of winning the League Cup either, so when we get booted out of that, no problem. Same with the Scottish Cup. Same with the League. Why bother about losing time after time?

As for other Scottish teams, if they're all as crap as you constantly say, where's the big risk in dumping Alexander?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We've won 1 out of our last 15 European matches and that was at home against Glentoran who caused us all sort of problems until they had a player sent off.

Scottish teams don't compete in Europe because they are crap.  That's a depressing fact but it's not what we should be defining the club against.  

I don't mind if we fire Alexander and bring in someone better.  But I think our fans need to think very carefully about that.  Alexander has a 7th and 5th place finish in two seasons.  Are you really that confident that the next guy does better?  With this squad of players?  With our finances? In our league? What if the next guy does worse?  What if he gets us relegated?

Respect your opinion pal as always but we can't carry on like this, that is not a team that is fighting for their manager.  I can't see how things are going to improve with him in charge. However bang in 3 goals in 2nd half and I will be first to apologise 

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Away and taking a flying f*ck to yourself.  You don’t half talk some drivel. How can you justify what’s been getting dished up by this manager and players?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Away and taking a flying f*ck to yourself.  You don’t half talk some drivel. How can you justify what’s been getting dished up by this manager and players?

Hear hear! Any Motherwell fan that can justify this shambles is talking out their arse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Respect your opinion pal as always but we can't carry on like this, that is not a team that is fighting for their manager.  I can't see how things are going to improve with him in charge. However bang in 3 goals in 2nd half and I will be first to apologise 

Dont think you'll need to apologise.

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

We've pretty much no chance of winning the League Cup either, so when we get booted out of that, no problem. Same with the Scottish Cup. Same with the League. Why bother about losing time after time?

As for other Scottish teams, if they're all as crap as you constantly say, where's the big risk in dumping Alexander?

Are you saying not winning a cup is an automatic sacking offence for a Motherwell manager?  What exactly is the point you are making?

The risk of dumping Alexander is obvious and shouldn't really merit a question.

• Like 1

I didn’t think it would be possible for us to play worse than last week! That 45 mins has proved me wrong! 

We need a serious change up at half time. Not that I was Sean Goss’ biggest fan but he’s surely got to be better than the current midfield on the park!? 

Just now, 2plus8 said:

I didn’t think it would be possible for us to play worse than last week! That 45 mins has proved me wrong! 

We need a serious change up at half time. Not that I was Sean Goss’ biggest fan but he’s surely got to be better than the current midfield on the park!? 

Best change would be Craigan for Alexander

• Like 1