ECL Sligo Rovers v Motherwell 28/7/22

wellfan

10 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Are you saying not winning a cup is an automatic sacking offence for a Motherwell manager?Ā  What exactly is the point you are making?

The risk of dumping Alexander is obvious and shouldn't really merit a question.

Seriously? You're basically saying there's no point in moaning about this game because we wouldn't go much further anyway. I don't expect us to win a cup or sack the manager, but we've got to live in hope, and if I ever get to the stage where I just shrug my shoulders at performances like this, last week, and huge chunks of last season, I'll give the whole thing up.

You keep saying Scottish football is shit.Ā  Fine, but given our record in 2022, what does that say about Alexander?Ā 

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Are you saying not winning a cup is an automatic sacking offence for a Motherwell manager?Ā  What exactly is the point you are making?

The risk of dumping Alexander is obvious and shouldn't really merit a question.

By the same token the risk of keeping Alexander is that the support will vote with their feet and stay away. It was obvious in the second half of last season and at the end of the game last week that more and more of the support are absolutely scunnered with the guff being served up by Alexander and this team. We are absolutely AWFUL to watch and the entertainment value is Zero and only sheer luck and other sides cutting their own throats got us to where we finished last season. And as if to rub it in, the manager frequently comes out after these dismal performances and says that we played well and that heā€™s pleased with how things went!Ā 
Ā 

I donā€™t expect us to be playing swashbuckling football and challenging in the top half of the table or competing in Europe but I absolutely refuse to believe that what we are getting served up by Graham Alexander and this team is the best we can hope for.

It is just so, so bad.

Sitting in a bar in Sligo alongside hundreds of well fans and watching an utter feckin shambles. I was up for giving GA the benefit of the doubt but after that 1st half display he has to go.

We are totally devoid of any attacking threat even if Sligo had not scored we would never feckin score its a feckin ridiculous performance to be thoroughly outplayed over a game and a half now by a team Currently 5th in the Irish league ffs, just let that sink in.

We can't start the season with GA in charge he needs to go tomorrow or we are going down this year. It takes a lot to upset me but enough is enough fantastic trip over here the well fans are brilliant but let down by the team and a manager feckin devoid of any ideas. We are going out tonight but the vlub needs to take action now to save the season before it starts.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

3 goals 2nd half, let's do this well........carlsberg don't do delusional grizzlyg....but if they did

Thatā€™s itĀ gone 8pm now. Time for your medication and a wee lie down.

9 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Sitting in a bar in Sligo alongside hundreds of well fans and watching an utter feckin shambles. I was up for giving GA the benefit of the doubt but after that 1st half display he has to go.

We are totally devoid of any attacking threat even if Sligo had not scored we would never feckin score its a feckin ridiculous performance to be thoroughly outplayed over a game and a half now by a team Currently 5th in the Irish league ffs, just let that sink in.

We can't start the season with GA in charge he needs to go tomorrow or we are going down this year. It takes a lot to upset me but enough is enough fantastic trip over here the well fans are brilliant but let down by the team and a manager feckin devoid of any ideas. We are going out tonight but the vlub needs to take action now to save the season before it starts.

Ā 

Spot on.

Just now, wellsince75 said:

Craigen made another solid point .

we have no width and no number 10 to link play - this has been an issue and no sign of addressing itĀ 

Ā 

These were all issues from last season, none of these were addressed as we finished 5th, this guy has no clue, get him out now

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

Craigen made another solid point .

we have no width and no number 10 to link play - this has been an issue and no sign of addressing itĀ 

Ā 

No width is a serious issue,I'm not slating spittal or morris as they have just came but they offer less of a threat than efford and shields and we then let our only player go that had any real pace leave in woolery.

18 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Great point supported by facts.

All the facts are there since December, if you care to acknowledge our performances since then. None of this "It's only two games" deflection. What have you seen that suggests Alexander has the ability to turn things round? How bad does it have to get before you will support change? That bad that any new Manager is inheriting a lostĀ cause? Change now and give the new man a chance.Ā Ā 

I do actually think we have the basis of a decent squad. But not under this charlatan and his blinkered, stifling approach.

• Like 4