ECL Sligo Rovers v Motherwell 28/7/22

wellfan

All these pals speaking up for Alexander reminds me of the uproar regarding Hibs and Ross. The vast majority of Hibs fans had had enough of Ross....their boards at the time  were very similar to this one......but the media were aghast. As were fans of other Clubs, including ours.

But in truth the fans are not fools and know what they are witnessing week in week out. They know when it is time to act. As fans of Motherwell, Craigen and Faddy are much more in touch than the likes of Coyle and Nevin.

5 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

We look like s team that needs some fresh ideas on the coaching side. Maybe we could actually bring in a coach to work with them or have we used the staff budget on Performance Therapists and Analysts?

I think we used it up bringing in more of Alexander's old crew this summer.

1 hour ago, mfc said:

We've just been easily outplayed by a team lower ranked than us over two games,we never even laid a glove on them,nobody pissed off by this result is dilusional.the writing is on the wall already,if you think this team will turn up and get off to a good start on Sunday then your the dilusional one.

Real world facts, ie results, show that in modern times Scottish sides often struggle against teams from Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and even Wales.  No one should be surprised but if a Scottish teams draws one of them next season we'll get the same pre match bravado and similar results.  Scottish fans need to wake up and smell the cheap own brand coffee.  

As for our start to the season I've made no prediction, I don't have the clairvoyant powers like you obviously do but I've been around long enough to know that sometimes the last result doesn't determine the next result.

If Motherwell win are you prepared to break an egg on your face?  Of course not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, dennyc said:

All these pals speaking up for Alexander reminds me of the uproar regarding Hibs and Ross. The vast majority of Hibs fans had had enough of Ross....their boards at the time  were very similar to this one......but the media were aghast. As were fans of other Clubs, including ours.

But in truth the fans are not fools and know what they are witnessing week in week out. They know when it is time to act. As fans of Motherwell, Craigen and Faddy are much more in touch than the likes of Coyle and Nevin.

Very well put mate :good:

Alexander getting pelters and rightly so. I want him out the door asap but the players wearing that jersey were an absolute disgrace. No fight , no skill and quite frankly majority should never play for us again but I know that is impossible. I am just raging after that 

35 minutes ago, Heisenboab said:

Someone has just pointed out that our colts team beat Sligo Rovers 4 years ago...

Sligo have gone full time since then and obviously improved, we sadly have not, Motherwell were utter dross over 2 legs and have been since December.
All the signings since then have been underwhelming or just rank rotten.

25 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I'm not going to defend Ross but Hibs didn't get any better, in fact they got worse under Maloney.

The new manager has them eliminated in the group stages of the League Cup as a prelude to the new season.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Real world facts, ie results, show that in modern times Scottish sides often struggle against teams from Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and even Wales.  No one should be surprised but if a Scottish teams draws one of them next season we'll get the same pre match bravado and similar results.  Scottish fans need to wake up and smell the cheap own brand coffee.  

As for our start to the season I've made no prediction, I don't have the clairvoyant powers like you obviously do but I've been around long enough to know that sometimes the last result doesn't determine the next result.

If Motherwell win are you prepared to break an egg on your face?  Of course not.

And when Alexander is gone sooner rather than later will you be breaking an egg on your face? of course not.

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

I'm not going to defend Ross but Hibs didn't get any better, in fact they got worse under Maloney.

The new manager has them eliminated in the group stages of the League Cup as a prelude to the new season.

Are you serious, have you watched us from last year, anyone could do better than a couple  wins from the turn of the year, be realistic 

Just now, mfc said:

And when Alexander is gone sooner rather than later will you be breaking an egg on your face? of course not.

I've made my position clear.  I judge him after 11 league matches.

My prediction is that our next result will be a win, loss or draw.  Your prediction is that we will definitely lose.

There is no comparison in positions.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I've made my position clear.  I judge him after 11 league matches.

My prediction is that our next result will be a win, loss or draw.  Your prediction is that we will definitely lose.

There is no comparison in positions.  

Your position of defending the undefendable is embarrassing and you predict either a win,loss or draw on sunday,do you do the lottery numbers ?

1 hour ago, Lord Tanamo said:

3-0 on agg to a LOI side. That is where we are Board of MFC. Wake up FFS

League of Ireland is a decent league these days. Sligo are an ok side but I don’t see this result as a huge shock. Apart from Celtic and Rangers, what does the Scottish Prem have that a LOI team would fear? Not a lot. The gap is nowhere near what it was.

11 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

But they tried. No-one will ever know if Ross would have turned things round either. Would they be in any better position now if Ross had stayed.? But the Club and the fans decided enough was enough.  It's that old question..."How long do you wait?"

Will we be in a better position if Alexander stays for six months/a year? I don't believe we will. He has shown nothing in the past six months to convince me he can change for the better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Great point supported by facts.

You really are an arrogant prick. Judging  by your posts you are in a minority of one when it comes to our manager!  Oh and if it’s facts you want:-

~ 3  wins in our last 23 league games.

~  Failed to score in 180 minutes against a League of Ireland side who have never ever progressed beyond this round.

~ Only added 3 players in close season all of whom are worse than any of the players we already had.

~ Knowing we’d have an early European tie he failed to get sufficient match practice into his players in preparation.

~ Doesn’t know how to adjust when his game plan A fails and that’s every game.

• Like 3

He needs to go it's that simple.

Our best player we think is a signing from scunthorpe at 31. Let that sink in.

Sick and the bottom line is we weren't prepared enough although seemingly we had other games played that we fans didn't know about . It was never enough. 

Our players just aren't good enough and we have let go watt, ofonnell on bench but Alexander and some say he's pish as well  as others . 

Who in our team would hibs sign for example?

Long season ahead unless Alexander is sacked.

Craigan for me 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The league campaign should always be the priority. It's those 38 games you measure your season not a couple of Europa Conference matches in July.

If we need to hold off, that's what we should do.

Tonight, I think it's possible we can turn it round tonight and extra time and penalties might well be the outcome but I think the most likely result is we will go out.  Maybe 60/40 or something along those lines in favour of Sligo.

despite the fact we could have made a whack of money by progressing..i was prepared to give ga the benefit pending tonight, that was awful