ECL Sligo Rovers v Motherwell 28/7/22

wellfan

I'll factor in that O'Donnell has played mostly shite and most of our fans are in agreement on that. He should be able to handle being a full back instead of his preferred wing back role without dropping of from international defender to total liability.

I don't think Alexander is good, and our squad is pretty rubbish, and that's pretty much it. I believe they're all trying to win, but just can't, because of not being good. It's tempting to make the whole situation more than what it is, with "losing the dressing room" and "working his ticket" etc, but most of the time it's more simple than that, we're shite.

11 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

"Motherwell were outclassed by an inspired Sligo Rovers as the hapless Scots were deservedly dumped out of Europa Conference League qualifying."

Waking up in Sligo and reading that  headline from the BBC match report, " outclassed by Sligo Rovers ffs" that should be all the evidence the board need to get rid of Alexander, before this season starts badly as it will with his tactics etc i only hope someone at Fir Park has the balls to do it.

Exactly this. Sligo lost three goals to a bunch of Welsh amateurs in the previous round, who were presumably also  in their 'pre season' phase. The fact that we lost 3-0 over two legs to them and rarely even looked like scoring against them, says it all. 

Forgetting the football Sligo was a cracking trip. In terms of bars, restaurants and cafes it had everything you need and the town centre was miles better than anything in Scotland other than Edinburgh and Glasgow. Some nice hotels as well and great scenery. Friendly people too and apparently 48 pubs in a town of 20,000 population so they are clearly very sociable. The police were brand new as well with a far more positive attitude towards football fans than Police Scotland.

Overall we were as well getting gubbed there as in Prague.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Forgetting the football Sligo was a cracking trip. In terms of bars, restaurants and cafes it had everything you need and the town centre was miles better than anything in Scotland other than Edinburgh and Glasgow. Some nice hotels as well and great scenery. Friendly people too and apparently 48 pubs in a town of 20,000 population so they are clearly very sociable. The police were brand new as well with a far more positive attitude towards football fans than Police Scotland.

Overall we were as well getting gubbed there as in Prague.

Glad you enjoyed your stay, all the Motherwell I encountered were great people and I heard no bad stories about ye, only good. Sligo is classed as a border county and thus is in the region with the worst economy in Ireland, house prices are among the cheapest I think maybe 5 or 6th  least expensive of 26 counties in ROI.. other west coast towns further south are regarded as more desirable but there is none of them football towns.

• Like 1

Rubbish . We have a bad manager ok. But we have just renewed the full playing surface and sub surface , upgraded the stadium, finances seem alright , sold loads of season tickets again , in the cold light of day last year was a successful season ,top six . All within the confines of a relatively small support. Where are you making that up from. We are no Barcelona after all . Wring out yer knickers .
We even got (some) money for Kaiyne Woolery!! Amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Haggischomper said:

We even got (some) money for Kaiyne Woolery!! Amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Woolery leaving was a strange one for me, I suspect he was another one who fell out with Alexander, it was all very sudden.

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Woolery leaving was a strange one for me, I suspect he was another one who fell out with Alexander, it was all very sudden.

Seems if u disagreed with Alexander yer days were numbered pity a few more never spoke 

57 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

A player who never really settled and I suspect was never played in his best position,   

He had potential and pace yet the ball was never put a few yards in front of him to push past his marker.  Other than the Rangers game.

Thought he flattered to deceive , partly down to him, partly down to how we played him. 

Equally I don't believe SPL is for everyone, making a move up from England to live in Lanarkshire and buy into Scottish football isn't that attractive. 

14 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

A player who never really settled and I suspect was never played in his best position,   

He had potential and pace yet the ball was never put a few yards in front of him to push past his marker.  Other than the Rangers game.

Thought he flattered to deceive , partly down to him, partly down to how we played him. 

Equally I don't believe SPL is for everyone, making a move up from England to live in Lanarkshire and buy into Scottish football isn't that attractive. 

Completley disagree if he was there for the 2 confrence league ties we would have had much more of a chance he at least poses a threat in behind and can hit the by line. We are desperatley lacking 2 quick actual wingers to feed Van Veen and Tierney if we play him in behind.

37 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Aye getting paid probably 1 to 2k a week  for 2 or 3 years at most to move to Scotland would be a struggle right enough.

2 hours ago, pretzel said:

Sligo pumped out the Irish cup at the first hurdle by a team in the division below them tonight, not that it matters to us now.

They were all probably still steaming from partying since thursday. Shows up what a clueless manager Alexander really was.

9 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Finished 5-1 to Viking. God knows how many they would have taken off us had we squeezed through.

That result just highlights how feckin bad and embarrassing we were last weeks, that's what we should have done to them, cost the club a fortune 

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

That result just highlights how feckin bad and embarrassing we were last weeks, that's what we should have done to them, cost the club a fortune 

I’m not convinced we are so much better than Sligo that we should have taken five off them, but we most certainly should not have lost 0-3 on aggregate to them while barely managing a meaningful effort on target over the two games. As I said last week that is right up there with the worst results we’ve had in our history.

Though that’s always a risk when you shitfest your way into European football despite only winning three league games since the turn of the year with a manager who makes needless changes almost every single week, shows no gameplan and then tries to tell everyone that black is white after just about every abject, dismal performance.

• Like 3