2022/2023 League Cup

MJC

Last 16 draw coming up shortly.

We are seeded so that means we will avoid the Old Firm, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd at this stage.

We have never drawn a non top flight side in the knockout stages this competition since the format changed in 2016.

Kilmarnock or Livingston are the two possible top flight options for us here, but we could potentially get QoS, Dundee or Falkirk which would also be tough.

Well it’s good to get a home draw but that is by no means a gimmie. ICT have of course been a bit of a bogey side for us in Cup competitions over the years and this will be another tough tie for us.

Tie to be played either Tuesday 30th or Wednesday 31st of August.

1 minute ago, MJC_mkII said:

Well it’s good to get a home draw but that is by no means a gimmie. ICT have of course been a bit of a bogey side for us in Cup competitions over the years and this will be another tough tie for us.

Any game for us at this moment in time is tough 

1 minute ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Surely we should win this game 

Surely we should have beaten Sligo Rovers at home on Thursday night! I’m afraid there’s no surelys atall for us and this team just now.

I’d say this tie is a 50/50, perhaps 60/40 in our favour, but it could go either way and it will be no shock if they beat us.

Just now, MJC_mkII said:

Surely we should have beaten Sligo Rovers at home on Thursday night! I’m afraid there’s no surelys atall for us and this team just now.

I’d say this tie is a 50/50, perhaps 60/40 in our favour, but it could go either way and it will be no shock if they beat us.

I surely think you’re right 

Given there are a few premier league teams knocked out and a couple of all Premiership ties in this round, if we can beat Caley Thistle here we can maybe go on a reasonable cup run.

Win one game and you’re in the quarters, not sure if I like that, even if it is to our benefit this season.

54 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I wouldnt necessarily say we are out but every one of the teams left is capable of putting us out.

normally happy clappy but GA pre and post match commentary is soul destroying. On the day of the game I watch them doing their little warm up and I get a little hope until 5 minutes into the game and realise its the same old shit over and over again. A two year old can read our game play or just watch any game from last season.

1 hour ago, David said:

Surely St Johnstone, Hibs and St Mirren would have qualified from the group stage.

Nothing is a gimme for clubs like us.

What St.Johnstone, Hibs and St.Mirren did or didn’t do in the group stages is irrelevant and certainly can’t be used as some kind of excuse should we whimper out against a lower league side.

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

What St.Johnstone, Hibs and St.Mirren did or didn’t do in the group stages is irrelevant and certainly can’t be used as some kind of excuse should we whimper out against a lower league side.

Funnily enough, what they do is very relevant if it's something successful that some of our fans can point at when they're arguing how crap we are.