St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/22

SteelmaninOZ

I wonder what formation/line up we will see. O’Donnell playing would be an interesting one.

10 years tomorrow we were playing in the Champions League, now we’re getting humped out the diddy euro cup by an Irish side and facing the prospect of getting beaten in the league by our B team. The rollercoaster etc. 

I doubt we'll set up much differently than we would have otherwise, with essentially one days preparation. The forwards that aren't KVV may switch around as usual, but there's hardly anyone that's being screwed out of a game at the moment.

I also wouldn't look into any changes that do happen too much, with it being 3 days after a game there may be some knocks/niggles.

———————Kelly

——McGinn—-Mugabe—-Solholm

O’Donnell——Maguire———Carroll

———-Cornelius——-Slattery

———————-Spittal

——————-Van Veen

Putting together any form of attacking threat with our starting line up is close to impossible.

We NEED another striker, left back, centre half and central midfielder 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kmac said:

———————Kelly

——McGinn—-Mugabe—-Solholm

O’Donnell——Maguire———Carroll

———-Cornelius——-Slattery

———————-Spittal

——————-Van Veen

Putting together any form of attacking threat with our starting line up is close to impossible.

We NEED another striker, left back, centre half and central midfielder 

Don’t forget a manager as well :preved:

3 hours ago, Stuwell2 said:

I seem to think that when we signed McGinn it was said he can play LB, if true then maybe put him to LB and play SOD at RB. LB is definitely our biggest problem. 
Alternatively, could he play either in front or behind McGinn if we play a back 4? 

The guy is struggling to play right back never mind left back. 

Kelly

O'Donnell.                  Mugabe.                      Solheim                   Lamie

Slattery.                        Cornelius.                  Spittal

Tierney

Shields.                                     Van Veen

9 minutes ago, Faddyisgod said:

Is the game available on MFC TV for overseas subscribers live? Can’t see it on my login page as yet. 

When I log in I see it listed in Events after the Motherwell v Sligo Full Match Replay link.

20 minutes ago, weeyin said:

When I log in I see it listed in Events after the Motherwell v Sligo Full Match Replay link.

Thanks I can see that as well but it only says live audio. Previously I am sure it said live video. However when I click on the link it says live video for overseas subscribers and live audio for UK/Ire. Is that the same for you? My overseas ST that I have paid for still says that live video is available for H and A games but I know that the SPFL have now removed this option for UK subscribers. 

Thanks I can see that as well but it only says live audio. Previously I am sure it said live video. However when I click on the link it says live video for overseas subscribers and live audio for UK/Ire. Is that the same for you? My overseas ST that I have paid for still says that live video is available for H and A games but I know that the SPFL have now removed this option for UK subscribers. 
Are you logged in? I get:

ST MIRREN V MOTHERWELL

Live video for International subscribers - Live audio for UK subscribers No Access for season ticket holders

JUL 31ST 2022, 8:15 AM

Yes that’s what I get when I click on the link but just says live audio before clicking on it. 

12 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Are you logged in? I get:

ST MIRREN V MOTHERWELL

Live video for International subscribers - Live audio for UK subscribers No Access for season ticket holders

JUL 31ST 2022, 8:15 AM

6 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Kelly

O'Donnell
Solholm-Johansen
Lamie
McGinn

Maguire
Slattery
Spittal
Tierney

Van Veen
Shields

Hammell to unshackle us tactically and hand us a 1-0 win and an important, confidence-boosting clean sheet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Win by 2 and we are table toppers. 

5 hours ago, Haggischomper said:

Kelly

O'Donnell
Solholm-Johansen
Lamie
McGinn

Maguire
Slattery
Spittal
Tierney

Van Veen
Shields

Hammell to unshackle us tactically and hand us a 1-0 win and an important, confidence-boosting clean sheet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

There lies our whole problem the 4 in the midfield u have picked are not good enough to play for us  . Tierney is not a midfield player could come good playing in the hole but he’s not a midfielder as for the other 3 well  probably better away from Fir Park might have a chance somewhere else 

Given where we find ourselves, managerless and short of ideas and goals, I think a pragmatic approach and a draw away from home would not be the worst outcome. I think St Mirren are destined to be strugglers, so it might turn out to be points dropped, but we need to take something from this fixture.

Picking purely on who Irate as  our better players + a formation that suits them

Kelly 

Mcginn   Solholm    Lamie 

S'OD   Spittal     Cornelius  Slattery    Goss

Tierney

KVV

• Like 1

I just want to see a team out there today that will give it their all and can give us the victory. And to all fans going to the game, let's get behind the team in the correct manner and create an atmosphere that will spur them on. Been too much negativity in past few days. Let's all get together and hopefully the forum later will be full of joy .... COYW 

• Like 1