St Mirren v Motherwell 31/07/22

SteelmaninOZ

8 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Good win well done to the players and management team . But it was an utter dugshite performance showing the condition Alexander has left us in no quality a team full of journeymen whit happened to his signing quality policy . Whoever gets the job will need to have good contacts and be well thought of in the game to rebuild this side 

Change the record.

While things are up in the air, any points we can get are most welcome.

Kelly pulled of two saves of the season, and once again showed the value of a good goalkeeper. Teams are going to get chances at this level, and he's going to win us plenty of points this year.

Lamie's tackle was really poor, he was having a really good game and he doesn't tend to leave his feet like that, and it really could have cost us if we were playing against a team that could shoot. I thought Sol was solid enough, but we're really short of pace at the back.

Spiers looked nervous, as expected. We probably brought him on to add some legs for the tiring goss (who also had a decent game), which is fair enough, but we ended up overrun. Hopefully we continue to find spots to get youngsters in, they'll be better for it in the long run.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mio said:

What a performance from Kelly, outstanding. 
We didn’t deserve that as I don’t think we had one shot on target? And I don’t remember a single chance we created but that is a massive 3 points. 

Brilliant 

Agree with nearly all of that, apart from "we didn't deserve it " for me if you score more goals than your opponent and your keeper saves everything thrown at him you deserve to win the game.

Just now, Yodo said:

So u think we played well. 

FFS we won the game, 3 points , clean sheet, joint top of the league, keeper had a brilliant game etc so yes we played well. Another 38 performances like that and we are champions.

So why not just enjoy the win and a great start to the season instead of the constant "we are pish" negative shite you spout.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So u think we played well. 

Thought we ran out of steam a wee bit after 70 mins. Played well enough to win with a new temp manager and a great performance from the keeper. Efford was shite just standing off the opposition ,no movement or blocking at all when it was needed. Still toothless up front. First game Alexander free so will reserve judgement for six games and a manager

3 minutes ago, stv said:

Thought we ran out of steam a wee bit after 70 mins. Played well enough to win with a new temp manager and a great performance from the keeper. Efford was shite just standing off the opposition ,no movement or blocking at all when it was needed. Still toothless up front. First game Alexander free so will reserve judgement for six games and a manager

So what upset u 

7 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Yodo , after the past 10 days if someone had told me we would struggle today but get 3pts then I would have taken it. Yes there is a lot to be done but it's a step in the right direction 

I more or less said that but we were dugshite let’s not hide the facts 

Glad to get 3 points from that game, against a side who have been a bit of a bogey team for us in the past , was convinced after the sending off they would score in injury time

Liam Kelly saved us on a number of occasions 

Would be quite happy if Hammell is still in charge next weekend which I think he will be

25 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So what upset u 

Dugshit performance, no quality team ?  The team did well . Alexander’s just out the door .What til we have a new manager see what he can do with them playing a different way , in their natural positions. Then we will see. You may be right or could be wrong time will tell.

• Like 1

Of course we didn't play great but anybody expecting anything else is kidding themselves on.its always nice to start the season off with a win but even more so after thursday.lets just enjoy having a wee bit of feel good factor back.