Test of Fan Ownership

Lord Tanamo

Motherwell FC - fan owned  ?   Yes ?

If like most of the fan base, the majority of Well Society members are not happy with Alexander, lets put that "ownership" to the test, and push for his departure.  Otherwise, why pay your subs   ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Tanamo said:

Motherwell FC - fan owned  ?   Yes ?

If like most of the fan base, the majority of Well Society members are not happy with Alexander, lets put that "ownership" to the test, and push for his departure.  Otherwise, why pay your subs   ?

I pay my subs to support the club financially.

Given the list of candidates that were suggested on here after Robinson left, I certainly wouldn't trust the "owners" to select another option.

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I pay my subs to support the club financially.

Given the list of candidates that were suggested on here after Robinson left, I certainly wouldn't trust the "owners" to select another option.

Perhaps many others that pay, would actually like a say in the running and if the "Elected/Appointed Board" fail to do so adequately then what's the solution  ?    Rebellion ?

I’ve repeatedly said it and while not wishing to labour the point, fan ownership of a football club of our size, fan base and resources is idyllic but foolhardy.  We simply do not have a large enough fan base to make it viable.  And in the present dire economic situation, football and the cost of it, is a long way down many people’s priority list.  Sorry but IMO we are slowly but surely disappearing up our own arsehole with it.

4 hours ago, El Grew said:

I’ve repeatedly said it and while not wishing to labour the point, fan ownership of a football club of our size, fan base and resources is idyllic but foolhardy.  We simply do not have a large enough fan base to make it viable.  And in the present dire economic situation, football and the cost of it, is a long way down many people’s priority list.  Sorry but IMO we are slowly but surely disappearing up our own arsehole with it.

Being fan owned forces us to live within our means. Given our history and that of other clubs in Scottish Football who failed to do that is no bad thing. The Well Society is just our lender of last resort because the banks will no longer give us money and we dont have a rich benefactor to borrow from. The idea that rich benefactors spend their money on a football club  with no expectation of a return or at the very least (if they are genuine fans) getting their money back is for the birds. Rich people dont get rich by giving their money away. The fact that both Kilmarnock and St Mirren are both going down that route speaks volumes (albeit Kilmarnock currently have Billy Bowie as their Les Hutchison). These are the clubs we need to compete with to stay in the SPL. That starts Sunday.

5 hours ago, El Grew said:

Had we not been fan owned we would have ended up in administration again. Thats the bottom line.

• Like 3