Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell

Wellfan90

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

I think Sunday is far from a free hit myself. We should be looking for a good start to the season and St Mirren are going to have a tough season. If we lose these winnable games we will go into the tougher ones under real pressure.

a free doesnt mean we shouldnt be looking to win it but it does mean we are not under the intense pressure we would have been had GA stayed the atmosphere would have been utterly toxic , if we went a goal down it would be utter poison

Just now, Richie said:

I was thinking this earlier.
He's actually got quite good patter as it turns out as well.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

And he’s probably the experienced ‘head’ that would benefit us just now.

Its unlikely though, as I’m sure he’s involved with one of the highland league sides as some kind of advisor on a full time basis.

1 minute ago, MelvinBragg said:

Glad it's not my job to appoint our next manager as there's no obvious name popping into my head.  Given the timing, we can't really afford to take weeks over it but at the same time, an appointment we need to get right. Tricky balancing act...

Have we ever gone into to a new season looking for a new manager having not played a single league match before?

19 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Have we ever gone into to a new season looking for a new manager having not played a single league match before?

Guessing not. Pretty unusual situation for any club, I reckon. Be interesting to see the names that get suggested by the media. It won't be any of them, but it'll be interesting...

Huge appointment.

Someone with experience of making do with what's available (like an international manager) would be ideal.

Levein would be a great shout I think. As would Strachan if he was interested in managing again.

If there was an ex well player with the credentials I'd be delighted for them to come in but I can't think of any other than Lambert. In fact he's been out of work for 18 months, he's probably a decent shout. Ipswich binned him after he got them relegated and wasn't looking like taking them back up but he's got a load of experience and has a connection to the club. He needs a success somewhere to get a big job again so maybe we're the place to do it....

2 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Huge appointment.

Someone with experience of making do with what's available (like an international manager) would be ideal.

Levein would be a great shout I think. As would Strachan if he was interested in managing again.

If there was an ex well player with the credentials I'd be delighted for them to come in but I can't think of any other than Lambert. In fact he's been out of work for 18 months, he's probably a decent shout. Ipswich binned him after he got them relegated and wasn't looking like taking them back up but he's got a load of experience and has a connection to the club. He needs a success somewhere to get a big job again so maybe we're the place to do it....

I had a quick look at previous well players who are now managers. Lambert was the only one I could see out a job.   

Difficult to say , always is.   

Don't mind taking a few weeks to get the right person and have someone like Hammel look after things for a few weeks.

38 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Anybody that doesn’t play 4-3-3 !!!!!

Levin's 4-6-0 carried about as much goal threat as we do at the moment so could be a good fit.

• Haha 1

The vacancy has arisen when there are no obvious candidates available. It’ll be interesting to see if the Board look for experience or are willing to give a young upcoming coach a chance. 

Big Dunc would probably go terribly wrong but he’s the one exciting name that springs to mind. Maloney and Thomson may express an interest. Lambert probably doesn’t fancy a return to Scotland.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell