Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell

Wellfan90

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

John Hughes always gets mentioned in these threads.

John Hughes.

I'm sure he knocked us back a few years ago, not 100% on if it was an actual job offer or the chance of an interview.

Dick Campbell has done a great job with Arbroath as of late but not the most exciting of appointments due to his full track record, however I would fully support Uncle Fester if he was given the gig.

The club have knocked back the likes of Valakari and Van Der Gaag previously while we were fighting relegation, saying it didn't seem to be the right appointment for that situation at the time, essentially we may see an out of the box decision seeing we're at the start of the campaign.

I don't actually know who I'd go for, Dundee managed to get a guy who managed in the English Championship which seemed like a bit of a coup, names like Kenny Jackett and Nigel Adkins are unemployed at the moment.

Who ever gets the role has some job at hand.

Killie took punt on Steve Clarke and that worked out not too bad.  It's start of season so I would like us to show a bit of ambition. We need someone the fans can get excited about and are prepared to give a chance. Let's hope the board take their time, and please make sure Burrows has McGhee on speed dial

21 minutes ago, pretzel said:

I'm sure he knocked us back a few years ago, not 100% on if it was an actual job offer or the chance of an interview.

Dick Campbell has done a great job with Arbroath as of late but not the most exciting of appointments due to his full track record, however I would fully support Uncle Fester if he was given the gig.

The club have knocked back the likes of Valakari and Van Der Gaag previously while we were fighting relegation, saying it didn't seem to be the right appointment for that situation at the time, essentially we may see an out of the box decision seeing we're at the start of the campaign.

I don't actually know who I'd go for, Dundee managed to get a guy who managed in the English Championship which seemed like a bit of a coup, names like Kenny Jackett and Nigel Adkins are unemployed at the moment.

Who ever gets the role has some job at hand.

Kenny Jackett would already be on a shoogly peg with some on here.

I’ll get my coat 

2 for the price of 1 there @grizzlyg

• Haha 1

Heard Duncan Ferguson being mentioned a few times,  in my opinion we could do worse as he has plenty coaching experience at Everton and left that position as he is desperate for a manager job though at the same time no doubt would be unpopular choice with some , I think Hammell will be a safe pair of hands in the short term, nobody knows the club better

Hopefully not the usual candidates like Jim Duffy, Neil McCann,  Billy Dodds etc 

47 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Someone in my work as well earlier asked me if I thought Billy Davies as well would be a good shout, unsure of that one though I have this video in my head now 

Not Motherwell related in any way 

Oh christ never in a million years , closest I ever came to chucking watching Motherwell was watching that wee arsehole spend fortunes - biggest operating budget outside the OF - and we struggled to get into the top six. Then when he got a lower budget the utter shite he assembled including his brother.

Daily Record is saying we are lining up a return for Robinson....

As bad as that might be, imagine the comedy gold from [mention=13878]Yodo[/mention] on here were it to happen....
I'm 100% sure the hack just read the P&B thread and saw all the St Mirren fans sarcastically offering Robbo to us, and took it as a story. They'll add some ex rangers diddies to the list over the weekend I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm intrigued by Duncan Ferguson's name being mentioned by some. What is his managerial track record?

Likewise Paul Lambert - ok he's managed top English teams but what is his actual record with them?

Ferguson has no track record other than his interim manager spells at Everton. He has left Everton however, to pursue a career as a no.1.

5 hours ago, Well Well said:

I don't have one as there is no point. The clubs directors will pick the most appropriate person from those interviewed. I just hope they choose wisely

Don't hold your breath for that happening. It took them long enough to realise Alexander was a dud.  No doubt we will go for the tried and tested merry go round manager.  Let's face it the next managers only task is keeping us in the Premier League.  To be honest  climbing the west face of the Eiger would be easier.

• Haha 1

Ferguson has no track record other than his interim manager spells at Everton. He has left Everton however, to pursue a career as a no.1.
He's been an assistant for a good while, but that doesn't always translate into management material. He's a bit of a cult figure because he gets excited and batters robbers, he would tick the boxes for people that value shouting and "passion". Maybe he has good contacts?

Lambert has a decent record, but I don't know much about his style of play, I have a feeling it's boring and turgid, but I think that's just because he looks like a miserable sod.

Simo had an interview last year about being desperate to come manage here, but we've already passed on him once, and I can't imagine he would leave a team that's top of the league.

Anyone else who is currently employed will be a non starter for obvious reasons.

Then there's the likes of Kevin Thompson and Barry Ferguson who will get their names chucked into articles as a favor from their media pals.

I'm pretty sure it will be someone no one has mentioned yet, everyone will be underwhelmed, and there will be one person who will strike up an immediate vendetta against him, with the inevitable "I told you so" three years later.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell