Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell

Wellfan90

1 hour ago, Spit_It_Out said:

If Robbo comes back I won't set foot in Fir Park the mess he left us in was unforgivable,won about 5 games the last year he was with us and signed worst goalie I have ever witnessed in my life.

Strange times at Fir Park don't want to be a doom and gloom merchant,tend to think of myself as positive but can't think of a worst start to a season.Two weeks to get someone and last two weeks of August to plug the holes in the team.

On who to get I would go get Kevin Thompson and move Hammy upto to Assistant failing that Big Dunc least he will put the fear into them very least pride wearing the shirt.

The timing is dreadful, but if he’s approached the board I guess it was out of their hands. I still believe they would have given him time. I’m actually less optimistic now than I was given the new guy will need time and it’s not his own players. For me our chances of relegation just increased.

Come back in Agent Robinson.    Mission accomplished……… Fill the team full of failed worthless dross has been players.
                                                                                                                                      Sign them on long contracts.                                                                                                                            
                                                                                                                                      Get them playing total shite before start of the season.   
                                                                                                                                       Loose goodwill of the support. Demoralise them.

Tea and medals waiting.   
Hold on a minute that seems like our clubs plan.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Some of the names on the list appeal t me n why wouldnt they,some of the older guys for one last throw of the dice,allerdyce,warnock,give them a wee project t rebuuld our mess, i know from listening t warnock on talksport he loves it up here in scotland,why not test the water for these type of managers

Please don't rehire any previous 'Well manager. 
With Robinson we went almost 12 months looking completely lost, he ran out of ideas 
GA for almost a year we played poorly , lost our way, ran out of ideas. 

Someone with experience who knows what to do will be fab, wound's be against someone like Hammell/Faddy as the number 2 but some experience is needed. 

Saw a few comments about don't expect great flowing football , I don't expect Barca but I see different games at all levels and there's plenty of entertainment, excitement when teams are well organised and play together.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

The timing is dreadful, but if he’s approached the board I guess it was out of their hands. I still believe they would have given him time. I’m actually less optimistic now than I was given the new guy will need time and it’s not his own players. For me our chances of relegation just increased.

But that was the situation Alexander was in when Robbo left. I completely get where you are coming from but there are fans who wouldn't have given Alexander time. Even a win tomorrow wouldn't have been enough for a lot of fans after the Sligo games. There was talk of fans not renewing tickets even before the European games.

It is terrible timing but the alternative could have been 4 or 5 games in and zero points on the board. We are always relegation favourites in a lot of people's eyes anyway.

11 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Please don't rehire any previous 'Well manager. 
With Robinson we went almost 12 months looking completely lost, he ran out of ideas 
GA for almost a year we played poorly , lost our way, ran out of ideas. 

Someone with experience who knows what to do will be fab, wound's be against someone like Hammell/Faddy as the number 2 but some experience is needed. 

Saw a few comments about don't expect great flowing football , I don't expect Barca but I see different games at all levels and there's plenty of entertainment, excitement when teams are well organised and play together.  

Ive said previously i dont think we have a bad squad of players,they just seem t have the shackles on,we need someone t come in n give them the confidence,freedom n most of all a system they can express themselves in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Big Stall said:

Daily Record is saying we are lining up a return for Robinson....

As bad as that might be, imagine the comedy gold from @Yodo on here were it to happen....

big stall am sure yodo was in ma hotel in sligo         which just so happens that it used to be a loony bin :danced:

4 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

What about Barry Ferguson with Bob Malcolm as his assistant? I’m sure they are free agents having previously worked together at Kelty Hearts.

Not that I’d want it but it could happen.

Eh….. naw!! What a horrible thought.

i wouldn’t want either of them near fir park watching a game never mind managing the club. 

No ex managers or players please ,i think Duncan Ferguson or Kevin Thomson would be a brave move my gut feeling it will be somebody like John Hughes or a Tommy Wright that will get the gig would i like either of those 2 ,probably not but were going to have get behind whoever lands the job.

The Robinson stuff could very easily just be lazy reporting, but the fact it's not just one source, and they're claiming we'll make a move for him on Monday does make you wonder if there's more to it. As others said, it fits in with our old pals ethos, which I assume comes straight from Burrows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

The Robinson stuff could very easily just be lazy reporting, but the fact it's not just one source, and they're claiming we'll make a move for him on Monday does make you wonder if there's more to it. As others said, it fits in with our old pals ethos, which I assume comes straight from Burrows.

I’m not a fan of appointing inexperienced first time managers but I would honestly rather see Hammell & Kerr get the job on a permanent basis than bring back a manager who had overstayed his welcome by over a year and eventually left when he realised this 18 months ago.

Bringing Robinson back would be a terrible appointment.

Just now, MJC_mkII said:

I’m not a fan of appointing inexperienced first time managers but I would honestly rather see Hammell & Kerr get the job on a permanent basis than bring back a manager who had overstayed his welcome by over a year and eventually left when he realised this 18 months ago.

Bringing Robinson back would be a terrible appointment.

I agree with that, it rarely works out brining the same person back.   This may be disrespectful but the best value Robbo brought to us was as a number 2. 

In an ideal world we'd unearth the next Alex Neil - but we couldn't lure someone of that proven ability to us.   I've no real issue with having Hammell and Kerr a few games.   It's a bit of a punt but then so must Alex Neil have been for Hamilton. 

There was an interview with Alan Burrows on Sportsound earlier where he pretty much dismissed it as tabloid drivel.
When questioned on it he said "Be careful what you believe in the papers"

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coatsy said:

What a great opportunity we have to get a quality manager in, in our league a good manager alone could get third with average players which we have in this league . We must be positive the board normally pull a left field option that's not quoted initially, Alexander did not work out long term but he did save us  from what looked like certain relegation and got us into Europe so i wish him all the best.

Hope we look at someone who can promote quick passing football not hoofball

I know it will initially be unpopular but is Craig levein a shout? Helluva lot of experience,  bit tarnished by the scotland job , but what manager has gone into that job and been loved?

11 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I agree with that, it rarely works out brining the same person back.   This may be disrespectful but the best value Robbo brought to us was as a number 2. 

In fairness to him he was a breath of fresh air to us in 2017/18 after the absolute disaster that was Mark McGhee’s second spell. He was optimistic and positive about the club and instilled a battling quality in a limited squad which helped get us to two Cup Finals after two excellent Cup runs.

After that though he ran out of ideas and only bringing Turnbull and Hastie into the side halfway through the following season took the heat off him when we were otherwise dismal.

In truth it would have been better for both parties had he taken either the Hearts job in Nov 2019 or the NI job the following summer, because he had clearly gone as far as he could with us by then.

5 hours ago, spudmfc said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Some of the names on the list appeal t me n why wouldnt they,some of the older guys for one last throw of the dice,allerdyce,warnock,give them a wee project t rebuuld our mess, i know from listening t warnock on talksport he loves it up here in scotland,why not test the water for these type of managers

Neil Warnock would probably have considered it a few years ago, too. He has a house in Dunoon?, I think and your right that he absolutely loves Scotland, but at 72, he has spoken of spending time with his family.

Would be a great old head to come in an help advice a younger manager though.

Bringing Robinson back would be a ridiculous decision. The board have bought themselves some time getting rid of Alexander, but they would heap all that pressure straight back onto themselves with such a lazy decision. Weneed a fresh figure that can unite the support and get the best out of the players that we have. 

47 minutes ago, Richie said:

There was an interview with Alan Burrows on Sportsound earlier where he pretty much dismissed it as tabloid drivel.
When questioned on it he said "Be careful what you believe in the papers"

He's going after him on Tuesday then, not Monday.

Anything's possible, but he knows a large section of the support wanted Robinson out the last time, so this would be ludicrous.

Other than being friendly with people working at the club what has he done since he left us to redeem his final few months here? 

Going out and paying for a manger who is on the verge of being sacked by St Mirren a few days after being gubbed by Sligo would confirm us as the new Scottish football laughing stock. It's a non starter.

• Like 1

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell