Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell

Wellfan90

It was a diplomatic answer that for me hedged towards "it's total bollocks" more than anything, without throwing Robinson under the bus, which is the grown up professional thing to do. Not denying, just in case we hammer them tomorrow and Robbo is suddenly available and is the best option in front of us (we don't know who's applying).

I really don't want it to be Robinson. I'll live with it if it happens and he'll get my full support and the like, but half the fun in supporting a team is new players and managers, even when they are shite. Gannon and Baraclough we're fucking terrible, but they spiced things up a bit at least, allowing us to appreciate the mediocre times.

I dont understand why Kevin Thompson is getting any traction with anyone. Barry Ferguson did well with Kelty too, and he's an absolutely terrible manager, and a fud. He doesn't even have the allure of a big player, just another rangers rando that gets support from his media pals. Are there any other lower league managers that we'd look at?

I'm all for Hammel and kerr unleashing their one day masterplan tomorrow and throwing the whole thing into turmoil.

34 minutes ago, Benson said:

All the folk replying to daily record made up Robinson guff are the ones that thought a jab would protect them from a virus with a 0.2 ifr,fecking brilliant 

I might be easily amused, but I always find it funny that the anti-science crew are quite happy to use the science that gave us global instantaneous communication  to share their insights.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Are we aware of the people acctually intrested in the job yet or is it still just the papers running a rumour mill over who it might be. I'd personally prefer a punt on simo Valakari as he loves the club rather than another english manager as under the last few we have been dreadful to watch.

• Like 2

A strange time to be changing manager but it had to be done for various reasons. We are where we are. In recent times, the club has taken its time to make appointments but on this occasion we can't afford to take too long as it will be important to give the new man time to sign a couple of players before the window closes on 1 September. I would say then a couple weeks. Apart from new faces especially up front I think the new manager will have to get more out of the squad than GA did. I think we do have some decent players at the club but they have to be played in the right way. 

None of the names mentioned so far excite me and I've never been one to think because someone has been in a coaching role at a big English club automatically means they'd be a great catch.  However, you never can tell. At our level, appointments are a gamble.   Our club has a reputation for appointing someone unexpected.

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A strange time to be changing manager but it had to be doen for various reasons. We are where we are. In recent times, the club has taken its time to make appointments but on this occasion we can't afford to take too long as it will be important to give the new man time to sign a couple of players before the window closes on 1 September. I would say then a couple weeks. Apart from new faces especially up front I think the new manager will have to get more out of the squad than GA did. I think we do have some decent players at the club but they have to be played in the right way. 

None of the names mentioned so far excite me and I've never been one to think because someone has been in a coaching role at a big English club automatically means they'd be a great catch.  However, you never can tell. At our level, appointments are a gamble.   Our club has a reputation for appointing someone unexpected.

Can't disagree with any of that pal. I just hope the board can make the right decision, I don't want even to think about the possibility of Robbo, that for me would be even worse than when McGhee returned.

I hope the fans get behind the new manager and give them a chance. I wasn't a fan of Alexander from about March onwards but I never gave him abuse at games which sadly some of our fans done, very uncomfortable to witness and not what I want to see at Fir Park.

I have been going to Fir park for 45 years and some of the behaviour I have witnessed in past few months was really OTT, personal abuse, "yer clueless", "away home", "nobody likes you".  Honestly the stick my mates gave me for telling jokes at the games was unbelievable!! LOL.  COYW

13 hours ago, weeyin said:

I might be easily amused, but I always find it funny that the anti-science crew are quite happy to use the science that gave us global instantaneous communication  to share their insights.

Like when ah tell people..in Spanish..that ah canny speak Spanish

One thing to consider with all the names mentioned that it should be a management team.  It didn’t look like Lucketti helped Alexander’s cause in the slightest during games when changes were obviously required.   
Also, stating the obvious but past performance and stats never tell the full story.  
I’m sure if we were offered a manager whose last gig was to come in when x club was flirting with relegation zone, got them out of that mire then took them to a high, European qualifying , placed finish in the league the next, we would be very interested in said manager.  

3 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

Are we aware of the people acctually intrested in the job yet or is it still just the papers running a rumour mill over who it might be. I'd personally prefer a punt on simo Valakari as he loves the club rather than another english manager as under the last few we have been dreadful to watch.

There are I think only 2 English managers in the History of the club ?

56 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

There are I think only 2 English managers in the History of the club ?

Yeah Terry Butcher and Ian Baraclough. However, Jim Gannon was born in London but moved to Ireland at a young age and he said he considers himself to be Irish.

4 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

2 days of chat on the forum about a new manager and Simo Valakari finally gets a mention, would not have been the same without someone putting his name forward, why people constantly think he would be a good replacement is beyond me, his managerial career is much like his playing one distinctly average at best.

2 hours ago, purestate said:

It didn’t look like Lucketti helped Alexander’s cause in the slightest during games when changes were obviously required.  

Why do you think this? What more do you think Lucketti could have done?

6 minutes ago, si91 said:

Just heard Stevie Hammell there too on sportsound - quickly out Liam kelly back in his box regarding the fans. Hopefully he can galvanise the players to a result today too

Can't believe he never picked himself for left back......come on well let's do this and put a smile back on everyone's faces because by jeez my jokes certainly aren't!!  Lol ...COYW!!!!

33 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

2 days of chat on the forum about a new manager and Simo Valakari finally gets a mention, would not have been the same without someone putting his name forward, why people constantly think he would be a good replacement is beyond me, his managerial career is much like his playing one distinctly average at best.

Top of the league currently in Finland...

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell