Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell

Wellfan90

Just now, Spit_It_Out said:

Might add a Kevin Thomson into the mix,Darren Ferguson,Paul Lambert maybe and a total outsider a return of....Stuart McCall!You never know.

Hopefully we hear by Thursday at the latest as time is against us and we need to push on asap.

I think you could be right with this .

thompson not ruled himself out and to be fair Darren Ferguson has proven at a decent level plus not club hopped too often .  What maybe stands against him is coming up from England , similar to GA and others .

full respect to the club as much as I want to be I’m the know I respect how tight lipped they are with such things . 

Be good to confirm soon through 

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Anyone got inside info on who is being interviewed? I would assume 4 with it being Hammell, Valakari and 2 leftfields that no one has even considered 

No disrespect t hammell or simo but by all accounts we've had 80 applicants, r these 2 really the cream of who we can pick from, imo any names mentioned is purely speculation and lazy journalism,should have an announcement in the next few days i would hope

19 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

No disrespect t hammell or simo but by all accounts we've had 80 applicants, r these 2 really the cream of who we can pick from, imo any names mentioned is purely speculation and lazy journalism,should have an announcement in the next few days i would hope

Valakari probably one of very few candidates to actually have won trophies as a manager, albeit a few years back...

15 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Valakari probably one of very few candidates to actually have won trophies as a manager, albeit a few years back...

Didnt realise that m8,so he does have the credentials as a manager,i did like his attitude as a player with us way back in the day,has he officially thrown his name in the hat or is it just the same names that crop up anytime we need a new gaffer

58 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I honestly think it's going to be Lambert just got a gut feeling reading the article in the Herald, mentioning us by name,talking about the situation,nothing but good things to say about us and so on.

And he says he would consider it.

I hope it is he would attract a better quality of player here than others and his teams are always hard to beat.

23 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Stolen from p&b, but this source says the interviews are Simo, Hammell, and someone else under contract,

https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/arti...unelmapestia/8484990#gs.8p47ia

According to MTV Urheilu, Simo Valakari has been invited to a job interview at Motherwell. Valakari will participate in Wednesday's interview remotely.

According to MTV Urheilu, the head coach of Kuopio Palloseura is one of the three remaining candidates to become the new manager of the Scottish Premier League club. One candidate is another, contracted coach. The other is club legend and current interim pilot Steven Hammell.

Valakari, 49, has been heavily linked with a Motherwell helm since the sacking of Graham Alexander in late July.

Valakari admitted to MTV Urheilu that he is interested in coaching his former club, but called the news from Scotland just a week ago "speculation."

KuPS will travel to Switzerland on Wednesday morning, where they will face Young Boys in the third qualifying round of the European Conference League on Thursday. Valakari is expected to take control of the match as usual, despite the job interview.

MTV Urheilu could not reach Kuopio Palloseura CEO Jarmo Heiskas to comment on the matter.

1 hour ago, Heisenboab said:

Not a serious suggestion but wonder if Neil Warnock has got bored of his retirement yet...

I threw him in last week just as a thought,he would defo get the best out of players and it would b good for hammell on his backroom team for the future

10 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

First time I have had a wee look a Simo's record and I am warming to the idea a tad looks pretty impressive.

I think it’s worth a whirl .

in all honesty we could move hammel into assistant mgr and bring in Valakari .  I think Simo would need someone with local knowledge and have Hammell learn the ropes.

1 minute ago, fizoxy said:
32 minutes ago, mfc said:
If that's true,let's hope the other that's under contract isn't robinson.

I think we're off the hook on that one, we'd need to approach st Mirren first, and I doubt that would be kept quiet.

I think your right there to be honest,I just seen the words under contract and automatically thought of robinson.i don't know if it's just me but the whole process seems to be very quiet this time around,which is never a bad thing I suppose.

If it’s true that we are interviewing Hammell, Valakari and one other under contract then it means it won’t be Lambert or Ferguson, both of which I would have been happy to see at Fir Park.

I love Hammell but I hope it isn’t him, he’s nowhere near ready and what we really need right now is a safe pair of hands. 

7 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I think it’s worth a whirl .

in all honesty we could move hammel into assistant mgr and bring in Valakari .  I think Simo would need someone with local knowledge and have Hammell learn the ropes.

Checked the dates,they wouldve been team mates for a few years

• Like 1

I am all aboard the Simo train now with Hammell as number two like someone said above.

Kups sitting top of the league and the man Is willing to leave that and come to our shit mountain to sort us out.That shall do for me that shows me he wants to give it a good go.

Ps think Nick Daws needs to go to make this work properly.

3 hours ago, spudmfc said:

Of course they have 80 applicants - folks have to prove they're actively seeking employment to continue getting Universal Credit (or whatever it's called these days).

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I am all aboard the Simo train now with Hammell as number two like someone said above.

Kups sitting top of the league and the man Is willing to leave that and come to our shit mountain to sort us out.That shall do for me that shows me he wants to give it a good go.

Fact Simo keeps applying tells me how much he wants to make a go of this. I am warming to the idea and yes with Hammell no.2 and put Brian Kerr in charge of academy.  See what happens 

43 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I think so as well. It was always a dodgy situation allowing the manager to surround himself entirely with his own backroom team. While it may seem like a good thing at the time to back the manager, it also means if and when he goes they all follow.

I'd like whoever comes in to have Hammell installed as the assistant, with Kerr moved up to take on the job Hammell had with the youths.

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell