Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell

Wellfan90

46 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Think Derek Adam’s . He’s under contract and likely we’d get compensation from morcombe 

Was scratching my head there. Was sure he had 2 stints at Bradford with Morcambe in between. Seems his contract is up in 8 months so compo would be fairly minimal I would imagine

20 minutes ago, David said:

I think so as well. It was always a dodgy situation allowing the manager to surround himself entirely with his own backroom team. While it may seem like a good thing at the time to back the manager, it also means if and when he goes they all follow.

I'd like whoever comes in to have Hammell installed as the assistant, with Kerr moved up to take on the job Hammell had with the youths.

Hoooo get your own suggestions!! That's what I said!! Lol, only joking pal 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

Think Derek Adam’s . He’s under contract and likely we’d get compensation from morcombe 

I’ve never been able to take him seriously after Jamie Hamill bounced him into the track at Tynecastle.

23 minutes ago, weeyin said:

What's the work permit situation for EU nationals these days?

Needs a sponsor (the club if he gets the job) we'd then apply for a certificate of sponsorship, he'd then apply for the Tier 2 sportsperson visa once that has been issued. Whole process usually takes about 3-4 weeks but they can be fast-tracked in two days.

I've heard managers moaning about it being really difficult getting players from the EU in which is a load of shite and just an excuse for them and/or to fill up their interviews. Clubs and the player or his agent just need to do some bog standard paperwork. Gets more complicated the lower the level the player/coach is coming from but unless we're signing some teenager from the Latvian 6th tier it's a piece of piss.

2 minutes ago, MearnsWell said:

That would be up there with Robinson coming back. Why does the old 'managerial merry go round' love to tout people who have managed bigger clubs and failed ? What, anywhere, in Lennons CV would suggest that he can create a team that can punch above it's weight ? His last managerial job didn't exactly end well. And ignoring his managerial achievments for a second, the guy is a cunt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MearnsWell said:

Neil Lennon in a purely footballing sense would probably be a very good manager for us. The ‘baggage’ that comes with him though just wouldn’t be worth it. 

As well as being an abrasive, shit stirring individual, he is also the poster boy for people with a very sinister agenda, in football, the media and politics in this country. It just wouldn’t be worth the gamble.

43 minutes ago, MearnsWell said:

Would take Lennon in a heartbeat. A horrible chip on the shoulder wee git but he can manage but would get 20 mins tops with the bigots in our support.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Bit weird of Craggs to speculate .

He did a very good job for Hibs 

would be hard to like him - I remember having a similar view of Micky Weir and then we signed him back in the day 

never felt right cheering him on 

Id take the devil himself if he could manage and give us something better than the eye bleeding shite we've had to endure.

4 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

but would get 20 mins tops with the bigots in our support.

Attitudes like this are part of the reason it would never work. 

We’d have a few bad results, some criticism would come from the stands (as would be the case with any manager) and you’d get nonsense like this before you can say “candlelit vigil”. And that’s from our own support. :wallbash:

4 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Attitudes like this are part of the reason it would never work. 

We’d have a few bad results, some criticism would come from the stands (as would be the case with any manager) and you’d get nonsense like this before you can say “candlelit vigil”. And that’s from our own support. :wallbash:

Sadly true but still reckon hed do a job for us.

I definitely don’t hate the guy , I just wouldn’t want the baggage, but at the same time I could say the same about the likes of Barry Ferguson

The guy has a lot of people in this country who don’t like him for purely bigoted reasons that I never agree with , do remember Craig Brown saying he is a likeable guy and I know he has suffered from a lot of mental health issues in the past

Being honest now if he got us a half decent team to watch maybe all the past is forgotten,  and if he beats Rangers a few times so much the better , I don’t believe he is even interested in the job though and it is simply Craggs putting his name forward

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Next Motherwell Manager - Steven Hammell