Motherwell v St Johnstone 06/08/22

SteelmaninOZ

4 minutes ago, El Grew said:

You are entitled to your opinion on Goss and I’m entitled to mine so do one!

Haha okay mate, you just talk pish and when it gets rightly challenged just hide behind you being entitled to an opinion. 

That's us 3rd in the league.  If they need to call it now for any pandemic related lockdowns, I'm ok with that.

Ah, sack that. they've scored again......

12 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Haha okay mate, you just talk pish and when it gets rightly challenged just hide behind you being entitled to an opinion. 

First, I’m not your mate.  Second so anybody that disagrees with you is talking pish?  How very democratic of you. So in closing, all I’ll say is va te faire foutre.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Really sloppy to lose that goal after equalizing, O'Donnell too slow to get out after the corner, but we had chances to stop it even after that. We frequently got caught out by simple punts forward.

It's clear that we need two or three good signings to get anything out of this team. Having Slattery back next week will be a bonus, but we'll be up against it with the form aberdeen are showing.

Efford looked lively for a minute, then reverted to killing off every attack, and shields was caught on his heels way to often.

I thought Goss was good, and Cornelius fared better than Maguire, and Mahon is in fact real.

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Gutting to lose after the late equaliser. A valiant second half performance but atrocious defending has cost us today. 

Last week was a surprise but honestly we are feckin hopeless at seeing games out a 92 min equaliser should have been game finished and take a well earned  point, but giving away corners and defending in our own half that late in a game is feckin criminal, and allowing feckin Stevie May who would struggle to score in a brothel to get the winner is even worse.

Two games in and I am already getting the fear about how this season is starting, anyway rant over I'm away to wring my pants out.

5 minutes ago, El Grew said:

First, I’m not your mate.  Second so anybody that disagrees with you is talking pish?  How very democratic of you. So in closing, all I’ll say is va te faire foutre.

So your an educated bilingual prick then, take a chill pill ffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

Last week was a surprise but honestly we are feckin hopeless at seeing games out a 92 min equaliser should have been game finished and take a well earned  point, but giving away corners and defending in our own half that late in a game is feckin criminal, and allowing feckin Stevie May who would struggle to score in a brothel to get the winner is even worse.

Two games in and I am already getting the fear about how this season is starting, anyway rant over I'm away to wring my pants out.

We are in a horrible position of having no manager and needing serious rebuilding of the squad in less than a month. The team we have simply are not good enough. I’m not expecting us to be competing with the Old Firm, Hearts or Aberdeen but as I said during the game, St.Johnstone did the ‘basics’ much better than we did. Is it unrealistic to expect us to at least compete with them and similar sides?

I’ve said this before but us spawny-ing into Europe last season may very well hurt us more than it will benefit us.

2 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

I’ve said this before but us spawny-ing into Europe last season may very well hurt us more than it will benefit us.

As brutal as we were last season even in a league of shitey teams someone has to a little bit less shite than others and take the prizes, that was us so we made Europe because we scraped enough points to crawl into 5th, so we deserved it as we we collected more points than the 7 teams below us. That said I take your point about it doing more harm than good, but that's all down to Alexander sticking with systems that didn't work, brining in players not up to the job and presiding over a shambles of a preseason with unfit and unmotivated players.

Whoever takes over has a big job on their hands and needs to hit the ground running before the season gets away from us.