Motherwell v St Johnstone 06/08/22

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

So I took out of that, we arent fit enough. Some players didnt get enough minutes in pre season to give us options and some of the players are low in confidence and need built back up. Quite a damning indictment on our recently departed manager.......

Pretty spot on in terms of what we’ve seen.

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

It’ll be very interesting to see what Hammell goes with. He hinted last week that he wanted to make changes to shape/personnel but didn’t have the time in the build up to the game. He’s had a whole week now and if we line up the same shape/personnel as last week it’ll be slightly underwhelming.

How long is Lamie suspended for? I’m surprised it wasn’t extended as it really was a shocking challenge. 

2 game suspension 

4 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

So I took out of that, we arent fit enough. Some players didnt get enough minutes in pre season to give us options and some of the players are low in confidence and need built back up. Quite a damning indictment on our recently departed manager.......

At the very least he's admitted that pre season preparation and confidence are issues, but yes, it could be taken as veiled criticism of GA. 

12 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

At the very least he's admitted that pre season preparation and confidence are issues, but yes, it could be taken as veiled criticism of GA. 

Im not saying for a minute Stevie Hammell is criticising GA. I think he tried very hard not to do that. However, listening very closely to the nuance of the language, thats what I took from it, and I personally think thats damning of GA and something I never thought Id criticise him for, as he was always on about getting the "free stuff" right. 

13 minutes ago, unknown said:

Looks like Hammell has reclaimed the Home dugout to be on it's "normal" side of the tunnel now.

I actully liked that GA had the dugouts switched, I noted Goodwin has done the same now at Pittodrie. Now right beside stand side assistant.