Motherwell v St Johnstone 06/08/22

SteelmaninOZ

We were never keeping a clean sheet with those two at the back, but to lose a goal to a long ball down the middle is woeful. Weird that I'm sitting here wishing lamie was available. We still need anotjer competent defender.

Morris and Spittal are miles off the pace, and Sheilds isn't much better. Goss and Maguire are picking the ball up and trying to show some composure, but they've got nowhere to go.

We aren't much different than a couple of weeks ago. We're trying to take the extra touch and pass into midfield, but it's not sticking. When it does land with van Veen he's not in a dangerous position, and it falls apart.

Sean goss easily best player again,few options showing for him when hes on the ball,KVV looks as though hes in quick sand wi wellies on n his selfish shots have been terrible,morris n spittal?well they're filling a space i suppose,bevis confidence is gone he just doesnt want the ball when we're trying t build,change something t get goss more central n work off him

4 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

We were never keeping a clean sheet with those two at the back, but to lose a goal to a long ball down the middle is woeful. Weird that I'm sitting here wishing lamie was available. We still need anotjer competent defender.

Morris and Spittal are miles off the pace, and Sheilds isn't much better. Goss and Maguire are picking the ball up and trying to show some composure, but they've got nowhere to go.

We aren't much different than a couple of weeks ago. We're trying to take the extra touch and pass into midfield, but it's not sticking. When it does land with van Veen he's not in a dangerous position, and it falls apart.

I just finished writing my take on the game only t return t c we r watching excactly the same game

2 minutes ago, spudmfc said:

Sean goss easily best player again,few options showing for him when hes on the ball,KVV looks as though hes in quick sand wi wellies on n his selfish shots have been terrible,morris n spittal?well they're filling a space i suppose,bevis confidence is gone he just doesnt want the ball when we're trying t build,change something t get goss more central n work off him

Hiya Sean, hiya pal

Fourth game of the season and we’ve not scored or looked like scoring a goal from open play in any of them.

Another poster described our attack as toothless but Pele and Maradona would struggle to score for us because there’s absolutely no service from the so-called midfield players.

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, we simply do not have a creative midfield player at the club. Morris, Goss, Maguire and Spittal just won’t do!

• Like 1

We still don’t have anyone who could be described as a natural finisher, sure van veen has some spectacular finishes, but there’s no one who’s going to get us those scruffy goals just by being in the right place at the right time. If we’re relying on Efford to save the game for us, we really are in trouble 

6 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

We can’t even do the basics right. St.Johnstone are no great shakes themselves but they defend a lot better as a unit than we do and can actually string more than two passes together.

Exactly this. 

13 minutes ago, El Grew said:

Case made - Morris and Maguire both hooked at half-time. Won’t be long before Spittal and Goss get the same.

What are you talking about? Goss is running the show. Put a bit of quality and energy in beside him and we’ll see what he can do. 

• Haha 1